• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What to do with my poppies.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, so I've made a post recently regarding what to do with my poppies, unfortunately the post got a little off track and I'm still left scratching my head.

Basically I'm after anybody out there who has experience with FRESH poppy pods.

Did you make a tea? Or just blend them as they are and wash down with water (Yuck!)? Collect the latex and consume straight from the pod or collect later for smoking?

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated as I feel as if I'm wasting my pods and getting nothing out of them.

Cheers.

Well if you have them growing, then you collect the latex all day! Cut em while theyre young too. If you have mail order/floral shop pods that are already cut, then you brew a nice tea. Usually moderate to strong pods are good for two to three brews, becoming less potent than the batch before, but still effective nonetheless. But brewing them in hot water releases way more morphine alkaloids, than just mixing the pods with tap water.

- Hopeless 7nos

We just want to stay well clear of potential "manufacturing/synthesis" discussion if you catch my drift.

It's my understanding that in a commercial setting, the most common way of processing Poppies is by using the whole plant (poppy straw), but this apparently requires some chemical know-how to be done efficiently, so the most common way of extracting active ingredients from the plant is by scoring the pods when they are ready and then collecting the latex.

I would search the web a little bet for some information on how to properly process the latex for smoking (a more effective ROA than oral). Also, if it were me and I had a limited supply of Opium, I would probably make it into a solution and use it rectally to take advantage of the increased bioavailability

I would try to collect as much latex as I could and after I got as much as I could I would collect the pods for tea. If there were a lot I would dry them instead of trying to consume them too quickly.

I assume they are still growing as I believe that's the only way to collect latex. With the latex I would do whatever you're comfortable with. Either eat it or smoke it if you have some restraint and can only do it once a week or less.

Thanks for the replies.

How would I go about eating or smoking the latex? Also how much? I understand this stuff varies greatly in potency but there has to be some sort of baseline to go to.

Cheers.