• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What to do with hash and vaped weed

Paultoombes

Bluelighter
Hey resurrecting this account to ask a simple ass question mostly cuz i got hella nostalgic for here outa nowhere lol
But imma get a dry herb vape soon, what can i do with pre vaped herb and the hash ill make from the kief that isnt smoking it?

Hey resurrecting this account to ask a simple ass question mostly cuz i got hella nostalgic for here outa nowhere lol
But imma get a dry herb vape soon, what can i do with pre vaped herb and the hash ill make from the kief that isnt smoking it?

Welcome back!! Stay a while, I FukN love THC!! I do not fully understand what the question is. i habe had a desktop vape that filles up a bag. tastes like burnt popcorn. you can make butter or any high fat oil, for editiables after you decarb the plant. Obviously you can smoke it. this may not be the question, but i figgured why not try... hope you stick around for a bit!! stay safe!!

Last edited:
Welcome back!! Stay a while, I FukN love THC!! I do not fully understand what the question is. i habe had a desktop vape that filles up a bag. tastes like burnt popcorn. you can make butter or any high fat oil, for editiables after you decarb the plant. Obviously you can smoke it. this may not be the question, but i figgured why not try... hope you stick around for a bit!! stay safe!!
Eyyy tyy!! Im trying to get a small handheld herb vape since smoking the medical weed isnt allowed to be smoked where i am (u have to inhale it with a vaporizer) so i cant smoke in my house cuz i live with others, so i wanted to know if the weed that you vape is usable as edibles or not

Ah dude same i used to do shit like opiates but now its only weed lol i love it since i was like 15 lol

Eyyy tyy!! Im trying to get a small handheld herb vape since smoking the medical weed isnt allowed to be smoked where i am (u have to inhale it with a vaporizer) so i cant smoke in my house cuz i live with others, so i wanted to know if the weed that you vape is usable as edibles or not

Like your asking if you can use the flower for edibles instead of vaping? Of course. It just takes some preparation by infusing a fat like butter or coconut oil with the cannabinoids then using that in whatever edibles you’d like to make.

Also I suggest people save their leftover vaped plant matter, it’s still got cannabinoids in it that can be extracted via acetone, evaporate and then redissolve oil/resin in butter/coconut oil.

I remember my buddy had saved a tiny little Tupperware jar full of leftover vaped material. Maybe 3” by 3” by 3” size, small. From that I got ~2g oil which made 40 potent cookies where 1 was plenty. Because it’s been pre-vaped all the decarboxylation is done for you.

-GC

Like your asking if you can use the flower for edibles instead of vaping? Of course. It just takes some preparation by infusing a fat like butter or coconut oil with the cannabinoids then using that in whatever edibles you’d like to make.

Also I suggest people save their leftover vaped plant matter, it’s still got cannabinoids in it that can be extracted via acetone, evaporate and then redissolve oil/resin in butter/coconut oil.

I remember my buddy had saved a tiny little Tupperware jar full of leftover vaped material. Maybe 3” by 3” by 3” size, small. From that I got ~2g oil which made 40 potent cookies where 1 was plenty. Because it’s been pre-vaped all the decarboxylation is done for you.

-GC
Oh im talking about already vaped weed lol i didnt realize that wasnt clear before lol i was p high

-GC
Is already vaped weed viable for edibles?

Yup and because of it going through the vaping process the cannabinoids that are left have been decarboxylated and ready to be eaten. Obviously there isn’t as much there compared to non-vaped weed, but IMO those that vape and throw away the remains are tossing out a lot of good cannabinoids.

-GC

Like G_Chem said, absolutely. Most people that do this put the AVB through a water cure, though, to help clean up the flavor of already-vaped bud.

Biggest thing to worry about is exactly how vaped is the bud. If you've still got a golden-greenish brown color, you're in there like swimwear, brutha. If you vaped the life out of the bud and it's turned to a nearly black dust, then yeah... throw that shit out.

I save all my AVB, though, regardless of how cashed it is. I like to roll joints with AVB and fresh weed, at about a 3:1 (fresh:AVB) ratio. It can taste terrible if you use too much, but it's downright pleasant at 3:1 and it knocks me right the fuck out come bedtime.

I’ve got like 2Ls of abv weed as I’ve been holding onto it for a while now.

Acetone seems like a good idea for a solvent as it evaps fast and is a part of the metabolic process so if there’s any left in the oil it’s not a huge deal (if I understand correctly).

I’ll have to look into this water cure tho

^^Similar situation here. With large amounts that sit awhile you gotta be careful with storage. It still might get mold (doubtful), but I've really noticed that it seems to sort of go stale after a long time. At least when it gets put into a mixed joint and smoked, the taste can be really offensive.

Never had that problem using shit that just came out of the oven, though.

I’ve got like 2Ls of abv weed as I’ve been holding onto it for a while now.

Acetone seems like a good idea for a solvent as it evaps fast and is a part of the metabolic process so if there’s any left in the oil it’s not a huge deal (if I understand correctly).

I’ll have to look into this water cure tho

That’s a lot man. Here’s what you do.

Place bud into glass container of some sort, preferably one or more very large mason jars. Pour in just enough water to cover the AVB.

Either let this sit at room temperature with agitation for 24-48hrs, then pour off liquid. Or speed things up by placing them into a water bath and simmering for a bit. You want to get as much water soluble crap as possible. Repeat these water washings until they come out clean.

Next pour in acetone and leave to sit for 1-7 days with occasional agitation at room temperature. Pour off and evaporate in a container not too large and wide, a Pyrex measuring cup probably a good choice.

Once evaporated put some butter in and put the thing into a water bath with stirring to redissolve the oil into the butter.

Alternatively once the cannabutter is made it can be water washed by putting it into a fresh pot with a non-specific amount of distilled water, and then simmering for awhile. Once done cool the entire pot to retrieve the butter off the top while the crap water remains inderneath.

-GC

@G_Chem
Could one just make cannabutter the typical way, in effect killing two birds with one stone? Though perhaps that’s not enough water... maybe you could use excess water?

Maybe do another water bath after the oil has cooled/hardened and scooped off the top?

I powder grind my vaped material and place it in olive oil. Stir it a couple times a day or when I think about it and filter it after a few days. No heat since it's all pre decarbed. From 50 grams of used weed I get about 750ml of ~1% oil.

Oh im talking about already vaped weed lol i didnt realize that wasnt clear before lol i was p high
I have a mighty handheld vape and the used stuff is really good for making canabutter as it’s already activated it’s super easy to make and the used stuff still has around 25percent thc left then use the butter for cooking or making hot chocolate I just save it in a jar till I have about an ounce and a half and it’s worth it imo

@G_Chem
Could one just make cannabutter the typical way, in effect killing two birds with one stone? Though perhaps that’s not enough water... maybe you could use excess water?

Maybe do another water bath after the oil has cooled/hardened and scooped off the top?

Yup and in fact that’s what I would personally do :). There may be some cannabinoids or terpenes which have some water solubility but may preferentially dissolve in a fat like butter. So doing the water wash on the butter may help retain some psychoactive components compared to doing the water wash on straight plant material.

-GC

I have a mighty handheld vape and the used stuff is really good for making canabutter as it’s already activated it’s super easy to make and the used stuff still has around 25percent thc left then use the butter for cooking or making hot chocolate I just save it in a jar till I have about an ounce and a half and it’s worth it imo
This might actually end up what i do cuz i finally made canabutter correctly after 7 years of being into weed lol so i got my method down p good. I like double boiling the mason jar with simmering water for a couple hours then strain into a smaller container. I kinda like the profile that a blend of fresh bud and 325f avb and just a little 428f avb has.

This might actually end up what i do cuz i finally made canabutter correctly after 7 years of being into weed lol so i got my method down p good. I like double boiling the mason jar with simmering water for a couple hours then strain into a smaller container. I kinda like the profile that a blend of fresh bud and 325f avb and just a little 428f avb has.
Just be mindful too much heat can burn out the thc/good stuff my friend

Why couldn't you just eat the AVB with a little fat without the whole hoopla with oil extraction?

Why couldn't you just eat the AVB with a little fat without the whole hoopla with oil extraction?

Same deal as eating raw/fresh cannabis: the plant fibers are a bit tough for the body to completely digest. It's a bioavailability thing, iirc. Fats and oils, on the other hand, are extremely easy for the digestive system to break down.

There's also the taste factor. AVB can smell/taste funky, man.