• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates What to do with a cart that doesn't work?

Ds

Bluelight Crew
So, I have a cart of some Grandaddy Purple that I am unable to use. It's not wanting to connect to my .510 rig like my others do. Since I don't smoke weed-weed and only carts & vape, didn't know if maybe I can make a vaping solution with the cart? It's 1G 100% full-spectrum canniabis oil 88.03% thc // 0.63 CBD.

Or do something with the oil?

cant you empty the contents into a new clearomizer ?

Reactions: Ds
@ D’s If the mouthpiece unscrews from the body, you can use a 16 gauge `blunt tip needle/syringe to withdraw the oil and do whatever you want w/it.

Also, if the vapor path (the little tube that goes from the atomizer to the mouth piece) is clogged, you can let the mouthpiece sit in a small glass dish and cover it with Isopropyl alcohol or ethanol (highest abv you can find). Doesn’t have to be a lot. I’d only use this tip if the mouthpiece is glass, ceramic or metal. Not plastic.

After going through too many carts and having too many clogs, I’m convinced that it is just condensed THC blocking airflow. You know, you take a puff, coils heats up and vaporizes. As it travels from the atomizer it encounters the comparatively colder walls of the vapor tube and simply condenses. A wider bore vapor tube is what the manufacturers should be doing.

The legal carts sold in Canada are not supposed to be disassembleable. One brand (Trailblazer) is reusable b/c the top unscrews easily.

I’ve made the mistake of leaving them lying flat on a table. Most get ‘cloggy’ after a while. But in normal usage the vapor tube acts almost like a distilling condenser coil. It would definitely take a bit of engineering but there is no reason that the vapor tube can’t be heated a bit b/c it’s sitting on top of the battery - and that can certainly have enough power to warm the tube up. Another solution would be to have the vapor tube lined with a PTFE like compound (something that is like a non stick cooking surface but not toxic).

Tom

Last edited:
sometimes those 510 batteries just give out, that could be the problem too. idk how nice of a piece yours is, but i probably went through 5-6 batteries before i found one that lasted. do any other carts work on the rig?

OK, same boat. Assuming I can't get these working and I really believe a couple have bad elements, what to do with the oil?
Like if I was going to melt in chocolate, how much is 100mg These are Gio carts and 510 Pure carts from a dispensary. ~70-82% THC 0.5G
Is a 500mg cart gross weight really 400mg THC?
Then is a quarter full cart 100mg?
I am thinking mix in the chocolate accordingly and divide up into chunks around 10mg.
Is that reasonable?

OK, same boat. Assuming I can't get these working and I really believe a couple have bad elements, what to do with the oil?
Like if I was going to melt in chocolate, how much is 100mg These are Gio carts and 510 Pure carts from a dispensary. ~70-82% THC 0.5G
Is a 500mg cart gross weight really 400mg THC?
Then is a quarter full cart 100mg?
I am thinking mix in the chocolate accordingly and divide up into chunks around 10mg.
Is that reasonable?
That all makes sense. As long as it's pure cannabis oil, this should work fine.

I would probably go into butter though, because the THC will dissolve into an evenly mixed solution, that you can cook with and know approximate doses. With chocolate you may not be able to homogenize it perfectly.

Ya can also eat the contents of those carts if all else fails. Be ready for a lasting buzz. lol
Careful of dosage(s) dont want anyone freakin tf out.
;)

you can heat the cart up and pour the contents out (ive dabbed them after)