• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What to do in IBIZA!

queenbee1127

Bluelighter
First, mods I apologize if this is in the wrong forum - I thought about posting in European/African events but those threads never get any responses.

My best friend and I (we are American) are going to Ibiza the last weekend of August. We have a hotel on the beach and couldn't be more excited. We get in about midnight on Thursday morning and leave at midnight Sunday morning.

What are some must-dos?! Obviously clubbing, but where?? The only place I can think to compare this to is Vegas, is that a safe assumption? I'm expecting high prices, from what I've seen online, admission to the big clubs is like 60-80€. Is this like Vegas where it's easy to find a group of guys with a table who will get you in/pay for drinks? (Sorry, but it's true)

Anything during the day we should specifically check out? Anything to avoid? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks BL ❤️❤️

use full sites to browse, most likely you have come across these already.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/

http://www.digitalibiza.com/

http://nonstopibiza.com/

depends on your budget and taste of music. wont harm to get a hot list of clubs you would like to go to ready. you might get lucky and get some guys to get you in. however have a back up plan as you girls wont be the only chicks trying this method.

if you have a heavy night till the hours of the next day. go back shower change and head to the old town to grab some food and chill. then when your ready go hit the clubs again. last thing you want to do is recover in a hotel room for hours ( that can be done anywhere)

do some research on boat parties! they hold good ones from time to time.

for a short visit getting together some sort of itinerary would not be a bad idea. it does not have to be set in stone what you do, but will be good to have a little bit of structure.

if you go expecting vegas, you will be blown away. nothing touches ibiza. you will have a great time

http://www.residentadvisor.net/events.aspx?ai=25&v=week&mn=8&yr=2014&dy=29

This website is my bible. Whether you like techno, house, trance, dubstep or whatever, ibiza has it. Good clubs such as Space, DC10, Amnesia, Sankeys... all have some really good events. Take a look at the website, select your dates, check out the artists playing and clubs and get an idea of what you fancy.c

Can't advise you on now to get in anywhere for free, I wouldn't pay for you or the million other hot/hotter chicks about. I'd be too wasted to care about fucking you anyway but you might find some mug.

figure out what's up during the day. people just walk up to you and ask what you're up to. make sure to do the same to other people. don't commit to anything right away, especially buying club/event tickets from promoters. the first night we found out about a free beach party in some little cove. i could tell anything free in ibiza is special and rare. are you gonna be poor kids trekking through europe? how much are you trying to spend? sure you can't spend a little more? ibiza is tiered.

and you'll see different strategies, but each night we went to bed at like 8am or whenever's an hour after the sun rises and woke up for brunch the next day. there's an intermission during sunrise when people reup on crack and check out the imported hookers. that's when we'd make our break. hats off to those who stay up through their weekend in ibiza and still leave with class and good memories.

you will have a great time
yup. enjoy, queenbee!

Last edited:
i've heard vegas is actually better overall than ibiza (coming from people in canada)

cheaper drinks, easier to get to, more stuff to do, people are better looking, etc.

anyone been to both and can comment?

Hydro - we're prepared to spend money, it's just better when it's free ? but yeah we're expecting crazy prices and that's all good.

I've read about the boat parties and they sound awesome, just expensive for the one drink and two hours. Anything recommended?

My girl and I are both super flexible and down for whatever so it sounds like we might just play it by ear. Originally we were thinking of buying club tickets to make sure we got in but then kind of thought maybe we will see whatever everybody else is doing.

Any other general advice? Dos, donts?