• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What to do in case of an MDMA overdose?

In my opinion, the term 'overdose' should not apply to MDMA.

With most drugs, the term is used to indicate an adverse event that would normally not occur at lower doses.
Seizing, foaming at the mouth, heart-attack, stroke, liver and renal failure, even plain tachycardia and anxiety could be considered signs of an 'overdose'.
With heroin people stop breathing, but the more extreme reactions can be seen in stimulant users up to and including brain damage.

MDMA is arguably producing minor brain 'damage' with every dose, whether it is small or not.
But even large doses normally fail to cause death.
And that singular fact allows a generation of drug users to consume TOXIC doses of MDMA without regard to the real consequence - permanent alterations to brain serotonin function.

Just because a person can take a GRAM in a night and not seize up does NOT mean an overdose didn't occur.
If you were able to witness the destruction of axons you might agree.

And when a person takes a normal dose and ends up in the ER, what do we say then?
Its not like a crack or meth addict that took too many doses - there are many variables that influence MDMA's toxicity.
Body temperature and dosage are indeed critical, but some people get fucked or killed on otherwise typical doses.
The pharmacokinetics of MDMA are quite complex - but it is known that each subsequent dose causes a greater and greater plasma concentration.
And therefore brain exposure.

If the first dose is the most powerful in terms of its effects, why bother re-dosing when it actually does more damage?
By this logic, re-dosing is ALWAYS an overdose.

I can follow your logic FBC but perhaps the problem lies with the definition of overdose. Here I think we mean dealing with a situation where the symptoms of ecstasy use give cause for alarm. My former SO took over 30 pills after we split up and survived, although he did spend a week in hospital. An excessive dose of mdma will probably just put you to sleep, and leave you with a terrible hangover. It's the other components of street ecstasy that may be more harmful in a high dose situation. As mentioned above the best precaution is not to overdose, and worrying about being arrested is just stupid if your life is hanging on a thread.

over in the uk i don't think the paramedics bring police with them when drugs are involved, not too sure but in a couple of years i'll hopefully be a paramedic myself and i sure as fuck won't take police with me if i have the choice.

but yeah if you are worried all you have to do is ditch your drugs somewhere, you can't be arrested for being on MDMA. i know this because i've spoken to police officers while off my tits and made it extremely clear i was on MDMA.

over in the uk i don't think the paramedics bring police with them when drugs are involved, not too sure but in a couple of years i'll hopefully be a paramedic myself and i sure as fuck won't take police with me if i have the choice.

but yeah if you are worried all you have to do is ditch your drugs somewhere, you can't be arrested for being on MDMA. i know this because i've spoken to police officers while off my tits and made it extremely clear i was on MDMA.

I have a friend who's becoming a paramedic as well. Thank you to both her and you for being awesome :)

I have a friend who's becoming a paramedic as well. Thank you to both her and you for being awesome :)

haha cheers, the hardest part is getting into the uni course tbh, got an interview for hertfordshire on wednesday so fingers crossed

Make the distinction between panic attack and obvious physical danger.

If your vital signs are worrying you, go to a hospital.

Best advice? Don't overdose on MDMA. It's not hard. It's not as though it's an opiate where a fraction of a dose in some people can mean the difference between 'sweet spot' and death.

I'm not firmiliar with the laws in your district as I'm an American citizen, but as long as you've nothing on you and your house is clean, I wouldn't worry about prosecution. If you've drugs in the house, flush them before even THINKING about calling an ambulance.

In the spirit of harm reduction I've a duty to encourage you to have someone drive you to a hospital, but this doesn't mean necessarily that I believe that's the only way. I believe it will be uncomfortable and costly and there's in quite a few cases 99 percent chance that it was unnecessary and if you'd a mind for nursing you could have taken care of yourself at home. But you don't, and there's not, and if you value your life:

HOSPITAL.

HOSPITAL. HOSPITAL. HOSPITAL.

Look its 7:00 AM in the morning I've down'd at least 1.5gs by myself of pure brown crystal shards by PLUGGING since 12 PM. Keep these things on hand. Benzos (at least 10 white school buses to be safes, bananas, emergen-c and gaterode. It takes alot of grams to OD you really have to work at it, the consensus is around 4 grams or higher. But if you're not ready to go hard don't go hard you need the right mind set for this sort of thing.
All you other folks who have low tolerances its a blessing in disguise. Don't work you're way up.

MDMA is one hell of a drug. I love it and I hate it.

FINALLY, do NOT and I repeat DO NOT go to the hospital. All they will do is hook up saline shit, pump your stomach and put you on benxos. You're close friends give more about you at that moment than any nurse or doctor will. THEN BOOM 10,000$$$$$ PAY US OUR MONEY. Again HAVE BENZOS on hand or if you can't find that seroquel.

Credents - Volunteering for 4 years at Seton MEdical Hospital, Shadowing plenty of doctors, 4th year human biology major from UT. Represent

This is a tough one... the standard things like proper hydration and hyperthermia control have been covered...

Those are the main issues as mdma isnt very toxic... even a couple grams shouldnt be life threatening even if the person seems extremely impaired... calling an ambulance for a drug overdose is a serious thing and will likely get police involved and possibly get the person forced into psychoatric care and/or court ordered rehab programs...

When someone passes out from booze people draw on their face but if someone passes out from drugs peope call an ambulance... 99% of the time the person is fine...

Im not in any way suggesting that a person seriously impaired should be ignored and assumed all will be fine... but monitor them, if their pulse is not greatly elevated or depressed, they arent vomiting while unconscious, or having respiratory issues then i wouldnt become worried... keep awatchful eye on them but dont just call an ambulanc or haul them to the doc unless things get worse or dont improve in an hour or so....

Last edited:
The thread has some great advice. I personally plan ahead. Hyponatremia is a serious problem (I've actually experienced it while on MDMA several years back after drinking too much water---I seem to be prone to hyponatremia even without MDMA it looks like and some of my regular prescription medications lower sodium). You can have a bottle of gatorade or V8 juice handy (or several bottles) before you even start rolling. Have a plan for cooling if someone is overheating. I would avoid drinking too much pure water (no more than a litre for the whole period of the roll along with the electrolyte replenishing drinks). Also have an SSRI handy for just before the comedown. It should be neuroprotective. Finally something like alprazolam or diazepam might be handy in case someone is having a bad trip.

While a higher than normal dose can cause problems, if you stick to an electrolyte replenishing drink and avoid overheating, you should be fine in terms of acute toxicity.

I overdosed on Molly PLEASE HELP

Hi, on Friday night I took a large amount of Molly, I was at a party and i done a pill what was about 9pm and then later on that night I brought 1.5 gram of Molly (Mandy powder) and I done all this in one night and also I drank a whole disarrano what is alcohol. I got through the night okay and I never slept that night I stayed up but the next morning I fell asleep around 9am till about 11am, I woke up and felt very dizzy and there was a huge shake with my body and the next night I fell asleep at 5am just because I couldn't get myself to sleep no matter how hard I tried. Its now Sunday and I feel very light headed and still a little shaky and I also can't eat I just don't feel like eating at all. But please someone help me I really need to get back to normall I am a professional footballer and only 16 years old I done this drug just because it was my prom after party and now it's a huge regret so please does anyone have anything for me to do so it will help me get back to normall please anything.?

Since hyponatremia, or water intoxication, is a sign of advanced Serotonin Syndrome or MDMA toxicity - it normally occurs only after a severe episode of panic/anxiety.

Horrible dis-information.

Hyponatremia comes any time enough water is drunk too quickly (in some people 3-4 liters is all it takes, and has dick to do with Serotonin Syndrome.

Hi, on Friday night I took a large amount of Molly, I was at a party and i done a pill what was about 9pm and then later on that night I brought 1.5 gram of Molly (Mandy powder) and I done all this in one night and also I drank a whole disarrano what is alcohol. I got through the night okay and I never slept that night I stayed up but the next morning I fell asleep around 9am till about 11am, I woke up and felt very dizzy and there was a huge shake with my body and the next night I fell asleep at 5am just because I couldn't get myself to sleep no matter how hard I tried. Its now Sunday and I feel very light headed and still a little shaky and I also can't eat I just don't feel like eating at all. But please someone help me I really need to get back to normall I am a professional footballer and only 16 years old I done this drug just because it was my prom after party and now it's a huge regret so please does anyone have anything for me to do so it will help me get back to normall please anything.��
Wait it out. The symptoms always pass. What helps immensely is intense daily exercise and healthy nutrition. It will pass but there is not much you can do to really speed up the process except what I mentioned before. Oh, what also has a really bad influence on the symptoms is worrying about them. Part of this is psychological, probably not all but a part of it is

Hi, on Friday night I took a large amount of Molly, I was at a party and i done a pill what was about 9pm and then later on that night I brought 1.5 gram of Molly (Mandy powder) and I done all this in one night and also I drank a whole disarrano what is alcohol. I got through the night okay and I never slept that night I stayed up but the next morning I fell asleep around 9am till about 11am, I woke up and felt very dizzy and there was a huge shake with my body and the next night I fell asleep at 5am just because I couldn't get myself to sleep no matter how hard I tried. Its now Sunday and I feel very light headed and still a little shaky and I also can't eat I just don't feel like eating at all. But please someone help me I really need to get back to normall I am a professional footballer and only 16 years old I done this drug just because it was my prom after party and now it's a huge regret so please does anyone have anything for me to do so it will help me get back to normall please anything.

Get one of you older team mates to get you some xanax and ambien

xanax will calm you

ambien will help you sleep

don't combine at the same time

don't drink alcohol