• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What to do if close family member won't get the Vaccination?

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
I don't think anybody should be forced to be vaccinated against their will of course, but my mother is skeptical (not a rabid anti-vaxer) but skeptical, particularly at the time it's taken for the vaccine to be developed - ie. there hasn't been time to assess the long term consequences of the vaccine. Which is true, but Covid can also be very serious,

She's very skeptical of the line taken by the government and mainstream media like the BBC - which is healthy IMO - I'm always skeptical of them! But this pandemic is no ordinary situation, and thanks to the good old 'net there's a lot of conspiracies floating around.

Anyway after several arguments, it's her choice.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I would do whatever it took to persuade her to get it. Heaven forbid she gets sick.
I’ve actually already hounded an elderly family member into getting it.

I would do whatever it took to persuade her to get it. Heaven forbid she gets sick.
I’ve actually already hounded an elderly family member into getting it.

it wouldn't be right to emotionally blackmail her, in the end it's her choice.

My age group won't be getting the vaccine till the autumn apparently, unless I can wangle one sooner due to underlying health conditions

Call the white van team just keep them in the room until they arrive when they're strapped to the bed and freaking just comfort them be like "don't worry you won't miss out I'll make sure you get all 3 vaccines in one" " don't worry grandma I've phoned the ambulance their gonna help you I know I know how grateful you are"

that's the point of contention - normally a vaccine like this would take maybe a decade or more to go through the necessary trials. They claim that no steps have been skimped on, despite the speed which these vaccines have been made, but who knows in the long term?

cure worse than the disease?

Last edited:
that's the point of contention - normally a vaccine like this would take maybe a decade or more to go through the necessary trials. They claim that no steps have been skimped on, despite the speed which these vaccines have been made, but who knows in the long term?

This argument that the vaccine has been developed "too quickly" really bugs me.

Virtually all scientific research in the world has been concentrated upon finding a Covid-19 vaccine - admittedly to the detriment of other research.

But this is a perfect example of what can be achieved by science given free reign and adequate funding.

It's not that the vaccines have been developed too quickly, it's just that development is too slow during 'normal times' when it's not a global priority.

I suggest that anyone not willing to take the vaccine prays to god instead.

Let's see which is more effective...

Last edited:
Yea my wife’s a “doctor” (albeit not your typical) and she was very skeptical. She wound up doing it though cuz of pressure from her job.

The facts are this... Moderna was a failing company before this all happened. Some government officials have financial connections with Moderna. Moderna’s CEO’s have been selling off their stock (ya ya I know it was “scheduled”) despite supposedly believing in this vaccine. The research is biased as well and hasn’t been properly peer reviewed.

On top of that I’ve been hearing lots of health care workers at the hospital she works taking time off from the second shot making them sick.

I personally won’t be getting it, at least any time soon...

-GC

Yes, to some extent I am. Several family members on my partners side are pretty firmly against it, along with no end of friends and acquaintances. Me and my partner decided a while back that anyone who isn't willing to get vaccinated isn't allowed around either of us or our daughter. And that it wold apply to everyone, even parents, in the hope it would make them reconsider their stance.

Yea my wife’s a “doctor” (albeit not your typical) and she was very skeptical. She wound up doing it though cuz of pressure from her job.

The facts are this... Moderna was a failing company before this all happened. Some government officials have financial connections with Moderna. Moderna’s CEO’s have been selling off their stock (ya ya I know it was “scheduled”) despite supposedly believing in this vaccine. The research is biased as well and hasn’t been properly peer reviewed.

On top of that I’ve been hearing lots of health care workers at the hospital she works taking time off from the second shot making them sick.

I personally won’t be getting it, at least any time soon...

-GC

Fuck Moderna, go for the AstraZeneca instead. Its British so obviously far superior to these colonial pretenders. 🤣

Also, have you ever heard of a vaccine that doesn't cause side effects in some individuals?

Thought not...

Edit: I'd like to ask any members here that have contracted Covid-19 if they would consider receiving a vaccine to prevent it happening again.

I predict they would all say yes...

Last edited:
People always want long term studies. It's the standard bullshit answer.

If we have long term studies to confirm the near certainty that there aren't long term risks to the vaccine, it's gonna kill waay more people than if people had just got the vaccine.

It's stupid. We don't and shouldn't insist on long term studies for fucking everything. It'll kill way more people doing that.

Unless you have some existing condition that means you can't get the vaccine, just go get it. Be part of the solution here.

Worry about what the virus will do to you cause that's a much greater risk.

Last edited:
it wouldn't be right to emotionally blackmail her, in the end it's her choice.

My age group won't be getting the vaccine till the autumn apparently, unless I can wangle one sooner due to underlying health conditions
I didn’t mean to imply you should, hence the word “persuade” and not “waterboard”.
I didn’t emotionally blackmail anyone either, I just kept asking my relative if they had called and made their appointment after getting the phone number for them. I don’t feel a bit bad about it either.

Are you really a GP?

Because if even medical professionals are having doubts, then we're fucked.

As real as the days are long.

I’d want to see the evidence at around the 10 year mark, but as a fit and healthy person (reasonably ha!) even if I were to catch Covid-19 or any of the variants, the symptoms would be mild to nonexistent.

If my body can fight it, then I don’t really see why I’d take the vaccine. I’m not anti vaccination either, just my own personal view and you’re welcome to draw your own conclusions.

Swings and roundabouts isn’t it.

As real as the days are long.

I’d want to see the evidence at around the 10 year mark, but as a fit and healthy person (reasonably ha!) even if I were to catch Covid-19 or any of the variants, the symptoms would be mild to nonexistent.

If my body can fight it, then I don’t really see why I’d take the vaccine. I’m not anti vaccination either, just my own personal view and you’re welcome to draw your own conclusions.

Swings and roundabouts isn’t it.

You do know that there's been a bunch of young people with no preexisting conditions killed by covid yea? And a bunch more suffering long term repercussions?

And that it's not just about you?

FFS it's been one fucking year and there's been 2 million deaths. And what you wanna wait 9 more just to be sure?

Worst still if you really are a gp and not a liar (and honestly if forced to make a bet I'd go with the latter, especially when generally speaking you wouldn't have the option if you wanted to keep working).. You work with sick people no? And you're not willing to get a vaccine to prevent (or at least potentially reduce the risks of transmitting) a virus that has killed 2 million people inside a year and can spread in asymptomatic carriers.

Last edited:
the only vaccine i trust is the russian one. Oxford won't even be used on over 65s in Germany due to concerns and australia wont use it anymore after trials said it was 62% effective. pzfier seems like a good bet but the russian one i believe is better and provides way long lasting immunity and protects 100% against severe covid-19 and also has no side effects like all these other western vaccines