View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What time to take LSD?

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
I'm going to take a tab at a concert for the first time today and was curious about the best possible time to begin my journey.

I'm getting picked up at 5pm and it'll take 45 minutes to get to the concert. It'll probably go until 12am at the latest and I was hoping to fall asleep by 4-5am. I tend to hold a tab under my tongue for 30 minutes before swallowing but I have a hard time timing the length of the trip sometimes. I'm on break and at my parent's house so I'd rather not be tripping hard too long before 5pm. When would be the best time to put the tab under my tongue with all of these conditions?

Any tips are much obliged!

I generally drop in the first hour or so i'm at a gig.
Get past the door/gates in a coherent (not tripping) state, then have time to get acclimatised and comfortable before the act/s you've gone to see start playing.
Acid will last from 6-7pm til midnight easy. Live music on acid can be so incredibly great.
Have fun!

Take it right before you leave if you even remotely want to be able to sleep by 5am... In my experience I end up staying up for at least 18 hours after taking any amount of LSD.

I usually take my LSD before 2 PM if I want to sleep that night - just a warning. ymmv though

I agree with those who have said that if you want to be asleep by 5 AM, take your tab at 5 PM.

Yeah, having mulled that part of it over, i'm inclined to agree.
I do hate navigating my way into a venue already tripping though.
I mean, it's funny, but sometimes the only time i don't feel 'in control'.

Due to experiences where there were unforeseen delays in getting into a venue and I ended up tripping in the lineup, I would only dose after entering the venue. LSD for me takes about 90 minutes to kick in. That's more than enough time to get settled and for the main act to come on.

Tripping balls, while standing in line, awaiting entry is always fun. Once you get set loose, it feels like a holiday. Take MDMA with it for maximum effect. Candyflippin' is fun

I remember I dosed in pittsburgh before a dj funk show. I ended up not getting in but because the club was at capacity...so we ended up with like 25 other people just partying in the alleyway and the club was cool with it. We could still hear the music pretty loud so it was still a great time. Booty House and tripping. Crazy combination. I was just imagining extremely hot girls bouncing their asses.

I can fall asleap while coming down and usually drop LSD un the nose, so I'd drop just before arriving.