• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What the hell happened? Help

Hero450

Greenlighter
Hey guys this is my first post on bl so hey to everyone, let me get right to it then.

Background, 6'2 , 18, male. Been abusing mdma heavily for about 6 months now. For the first 2 to 3 months would be able to get insanely high off a regular .2 (mdma sold in crystal form in the area) at the time usage was about once a week and would post load 5-htp and would not have any negatives. After that my tolerance skyrocketed and in the last 3 months I have been rolling at a minimum 2 times a week, sometimes going up to 4 times a week. I'm able to easily go through 1.2 grams in a night , and by night I mean it keeps me "high" for 5 hours or so with redosing every 30 mins to an hour. As the usage increased so did the negatives as I started getting bad headaches through the week after and it has taken a toll on my memory and cognitive abilities,which is not good but that's not why I'm posting here, I'm posting because of what happened a week ago.

THE PROBLEM: on a regular Friday I decided to roll, had a .8 in a 4 hour period, which is not really a whole lot with my tolerance but keep listening. I dosed up at .3 then every 30-40 mins redosed on .2 more till it ran out, everything went fine until the comedown.

When I started coming down I had start getting bad anxiety, so I start speed walking home, mind you that I was sipping on gatorade the entire trip. Then before I know it everything got a lot brighter , so I kept speed walking, then my heart rate shot up and I had trouble breathing, a few minutes later a pounding headache and I had to sit on a curb to try to catch my breath and started getting dizzy. I could no longer walk as my heart rate was insanely high, and my head is pounding and I'm dizzy and confused, mind you I'm hydrated, ate, whole trip went well. Within a few more minutes people passing by called an ambulence and they rushed me to the er , my heart rate had gone up to 145 and they had to give me 3 doses of Valium to bring it down. I usually carry valium just Incase but this day I didn't have any.

I know this was all caused by my abuse of molly but

My questions are.

1. What happened to me that day? Was it a panic attack? Seratonin syndrome ? What?

2. Since that day(2 weeks ago) I've been suffering from a much higher resting heart rate , headaches. Severe shortness of breath. Why is this still persisting?

Any insight would be much appreciated thanks for everyone for reading this. And ik I'm a dumb a$$ for all this but there is a strong psychological addiction, hope this serves as harm reduction to anyone reading. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously, what did you think was going to happen? Taking over a gram 4 times a week.

Just to put into context how retarded that is, there is usually around 120mg of MDMA in a good pill.

1200mg (dose you're now taking) x 4 days a week = 4800mg of MDMA = equivalent to 40 pills a WEEK.

You're lucky you're still alive, stop being Etarded and take MDMA once a month max. I've abused it but Jesus, that's just insane.

Take no more than 200mg once a month. MDMA is not a drug you can "abuse" like that. The serotonin system is VERY delicate and is not so forgiving if you abuse it, can even cause permanent damage to your serotonin receptors. Less is so much more when it comes to MDMA. I swear I see people trying to take it every weekend I shake my head to myself, they just don't understand that's not how it works...once your serotonin is used up, you are just wasting an expensive, and wonderful drug. I totally understand the desire to roll constantly, but that's why there are highs and lows in life. MDMA wouldn't be special anymore if you felt that way all the time now would it?? You need to let your brain reset, to return to normal, to stabilize. It is highly important to dose things properly and use caution.

Furthermore, the use of MDMA frequently can bring about anxiety and panic disorder, which is likely what you experienced (alternatively, your MDMA may not have been pure, cut with something entirely different like methamphetamine) so doing more than normal is always a dangerous risk.

Always use a testing kit...ALWAYS test. You could have gotten anything, mephedrone, methylone, MDA, MDE, meth, DXM, adderall ...i mean anything.
Never take more than 200mg more than once a month, better yet try and only space it out to like twice a year. You will enjoy it much...much better if you do it in moderation, and you will have much less negative effects.

Be smart and responsible about your MDMA use, don't just take it like its a fucking "happy vitamin" lol. You only have one brain, one life, one chance and then you have one pill. One pill ...even just one....can be the difference between feeling all the love in the world, or being buried in the ground dead. Be careful, choose wisely!

http://dancesafe.org has a bunch of useful information on how mdma works, please go read about it.

You are blasting your brain with way too many drugs. MDMA is not coke, you can't just keep taking it all the time. Do yourself a favor and take at least six months off to let your brain repair itself and then only drop once every 90 days.

Read the long term come down thread or the lost magic thread. MDMA is amazing but if you over do it you can trigger nasty mental health problems and/or permanently lose the magic.

You can still enjoy the music with other substances. I just went to my first electronic festival without taking mdma and I had an absolute blast just drinking and rocking out to dubstep and drum and bass. Save the mdma for very special occasions and your brain and body will thank you.

Thanks for all the replies and taking the time to read my thread guys

Bad advice for someone in his situation. i would stay away from it all together if i were you. Seems you cant be a responsible drug user.

I am essentially saying stop and telling him an "acceptable" dose to take. If you read further go on to say that it's ideal to really take it no more than twice a year.

Quite obviously the OP should lay off, I believe I also mentioned such in that he needed to take time to let his brain reset. I thought my post was valuable and contained legitimate information.

Then again, Everyone interprets information differently I suppose. Just wanted to clarify

many drug experiences can invoke temporary/full clinical disorders, i know that heavy amphetamines use and people who detox from heaving drinking can have temp psychosis episodes( i have seen this first hand, and unfortunately a good pal of mine has permanently developed psychosis disorder ( where he hears voices telling him to do things) this was from a huge amount of drug abuse and alcoholism from a young age. he also had a strong family history for disorders. not all will experience things like this. but do your research on these areas, so if you ever find yourself in an unfamiliar situation who can identify it and be aware of it, hopefully it wont develop. i feel that having as much knowledge as you can in all areas of the drugs you choose to take, will make you understand good/bad experiences you encounter. know what you are going though is a great help. as if you did not you could easily worsen the situation with fear and panic.

I am essentially saying stop and telling him an "acceptable" dose to take. If you read further go on to say that it's ideal to really take it no more than twice a year.

Quite obviously the OP should lay off, I believe I also mentioned such in that he needed to take time to let his brain reset. I thought my post was valuable and contained legitimate information.

Then again, Everyone interprets information differently I suppose. Just wanted to clarify

You did have great info and made some great points, great post. I wasnt trying to challenge what you said. I agree with you no more than 200mgs of mdma a month for a normal user would be a good regimen to stick with. its just with the way the op has abused this drug i wouldnt recommend them taking any more mdma. who knows what one more dose can trigger.

switch to meth if you are going to abuse a stimulant that heavily, mdma will fuck you up way to bad with regular use like that in high doses, meth....i'm not saying its good for your...but its like vitamins compared to abusing mdma. i guess its too late now, you probably learned the hard way and won't go back to abusing mdma anymore. but if you do...just do meth instead.

Wow lucid just horrid advice. Stop using don't learn to depend on something else.

You see guys , even with the bad side effect I feel myself craving more mdma, like even during my roll it could be great and all I think about is how long it will be till my next roll. I think there is a strong psychological dependence/addiction , since that experience I've rolled 4 times already. Idk wtf to do anymore I can't fcking stop

^
Hey Hero. It's already a very big step that you recognize the problem, that you are aware of it. Most people don't even realize they are abusing the substance. We've seen cases of psychological dependence to MDMA before, though they are rare. Please consider your situation, MDMA is really one of the worst drugs out there to abuse, we are not saying this just to get you to stop, it's really the honest truth. It has dreadful consequences when abused heavily.

I went through a period of abuse as well. I got over it once I realized what a sacred drug MDMA is. I noticed I was starting to incorporate some of the empathy and openness MDMA has in my sober life. This is when I realized MDMA is as much a tool to better oneself than it is a recreational drug. Once I realized this I had no problems anymore controlling my usage. MDMA is so much more than just something that makes you dance hard and love your mates. It can be a positive force in your life, that changes you as a person, for the better.

If you need more help, have any more questions or have anything to say at all really don't hesitate, ask on the forum or feel free to PM me anytime. My inbox is open to anyone for any reason, I mean that. I would try to find out exactly why you are using MDMA like this, what the psychological cause is for this. Good luck and please please do something about this, don't let it get to the point where it starts to really spiral out of control and does lasting damage

*edit* Read this thread - if you haven't already - to get a sense of what a tremendous impact MDMA can have on a person if abused

Last edited: