• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What the funk??

Raysu

Bluelighter
So I noticed coming off meth sometimes (though not always) this nasty sickeningly sweet stench that seemed to permeate clean clothes and linens and I chocked it up to toxins/sweat/heightened senses of taste and smell in detox. I've read that this is common for opioids/opiates too but until this wd never had the issue and it's so much worse than ever and going on several days now. I'm a super clean person and take showers but even soap makes me wanna gag. There seems to be no set answer as to when it will resolve though from all I've read. Some say days up to six weeks? I'm just anxious to know when I can not be sickened by how everything smells and when food will taste right again. Would love experiences with time estimates!

I've also heard that Meth sweat can make a person gag. Just think of it as all that nastiness leaving your body! Goes to show how eager the body is to rid itself of things like METH.

Well I'm 4 1/2 days into detoxing from the culprit and I'm sure it's a combination of sweat and my senses being off. Pulling clothes and linens right out of the dryer after a long wash extra rinse cycles and I can still smell it faintly. Usual food tastes off but at least not all of it now. Bananas, milk, and veggies more or less are normal. I figure it'll keep improving. I'm curious about a more definitive time line and if there's anything to speed it up that's known to work aside from saunas.

Timeline is hard because the length of your habit and amount used come into play. Funny you mentioned opiate withdrawals because one time for several days I was convinced there was poison in my food. Everything tasted horrible. I think you're doing all the right things- eating good foods and don't forget drink loads of water. You want to keep sweating, the more the better. To get the funky smell out of your clothes, try adding a couple tablespoons of lemon ammonia into your laundry. Hope this helps!

Poison in your food is funny now but I bet not then! Thanks for the tips T. Calderone!