• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom What the fuck is happening to me? Kratom and gabapentin

I really hate talking about phenomena which I don't understand. I've always anxiously sought knowledge in my life, as I believe it makes me feel more in control.

Gabapentinoids seems to have radically different effects from person to person. I know some people who say Gabapentin "does nothing". I know people who say Pregabalin was the most euphoric experience of their life.

You're not the first person to describe Gabapentin suddenly "turning" on them following chronic use. I have no explanation for this currently.

Gabapentinoids are very poorly understood both in the realm of medicine and the realm of addiction. Most doctors are unaware of the full scope of what these drugs do.

These people were all forced to taper in order to feel better. As we don't have a set protocol for this, I would recommend trying something radical.

I know this is probably unappealing, but I would try going a full 24hrs without any. The next day, you take a lower dose than normal and see if it makes any difference.

If this break is helpful than maybe we can try something like 200mg one day then your normal dose the next day. We have to try something different I feel.

Frankly, the first thing I thought was how significant your gabapentin dosage is. I'm not saying kratom isn't affecting you negatively, but that amount of gabapentin taken daily will take a toll, and GABAergic withdrawal is no joke and fraught with extremely intense anxiety (the type that makes you feel like you're dying). If you can consult your medical professional and see if there Is a way you can safely lower your dosage, that would be ideal IMO.

I think black seed oil is pretty safe. It is organic.
I have some of that but only have used it for Toothache. Just swished it around and spit it out.
How much black seed oil do you take?
Well incase anyone is interested in an update I think it was either the other kratom strain I stopped taking or the prednisone! I've felt much better for the past 6 days or so. Still feel crummy and need off these drugs to see if I can feel better in general, but at least no unbearable anxiety. Also had to have an emergency root canal Tuesday and no anxiety from that at all
@Keif' Richards

I was hooked on pregabalin a few years back, taking whopping doses daily for about a year. One of the most intolerable side effects was the morning anxiety. I would start feeling it when half asleep, maybe an hour before fully waking up at which point it felt almost unbearable. I started to wake up earlier and earlier and eventually started to just eat pregabalin at about 5am, lie down and try to relax. Usually would fall back to sleep and the next wake up at 7am for work felt basically normal. I've heard a few people report similar. Don't know the mechanism but seems like something about gabapentinoids. My advice is to start tapering down asap.

I was only on recovery thread this time, he took stuff from other threads to attack me.
I argued with him and he keeps attacking and manipulating what I have said on different threads. That anti narcissistic thread started by frog dreams after an arguement with me on the health an recovery thread. He is a lying weasel and a troll. Besides before I brought it up and he erased it: he said he felt sorry for Hitler and rapists. He took stuff other threads and pasted on that page.
He is just an alcoholic, druggie troll; who has tried to attack me by using my quotes from other threads when I only take prescribed meds.
I was on here left and was going back to thank you
Thank you for the advice on gabapentiniods, DO you think they can potentiate my pain meds in low doses?
Uhhhh what?

I was hooked on pregabalin a few years back, taking whopping doses daily for about a year. One of the most intolerable side effects was the morning anxiety. I would start feeling it when half asleep, maybe an hour before fully waking up at which point it felt almost unbearable. I started to wake up earlier and earlier and eventually started to just eat pregabalin at about 5am, lie down and try to relax. Usually would fall back to sleep and the next wake up at 7am for work felt basically normal. I've heard a few people report similar. Don't know the mechanism but seems like something about gabapentinoids. My advice is to start tapering down asap.
Yeah man this sounds exactly like what I was experiencing! It's what scares me about tapering more

Another update because I'm up this morning with anxiety. I took 40mg of Baclofen 2 days in a row and today is now 4 days later and I'm having similar but less severe (been able to control it but still feel gross and similar to I did a couple of months ago when the was at it's worst). Is this a rebound effect from the baclofen? I literally knew the moment I woke up because I just had this feeling of restlessness the moment I opened my eyes. I'm not sure what the feeling is but my mind equates it with withdrawal and takes me in a bad direction. I just feel like I can't get comfortable and theres too much "energy," in my muscles but not in a good way. I mean there's no way I'm experiencing withdrawal from 2 days of Baclofen. Hopefully just a rebound effect and then I'll be back to normal. I knew I shouldn't have taken the Baclofen but I did anyway because I wanted to. Why do we do this to ourselves (assuming this is from the Baclofen anyway...)