• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health what the fuck is going on with my brain?? (ashwagandha/kratom/risperidone)

shaking seems to have spontaneously stopped... oddly, they literally just stopped out of nowhere....

about 32 hour since last dose of risperidone... or the 8 beers I've had in the last 5 hours had something to do with it (but for the first 4 hours the alcohol was not helping)

I'm not freaking out so much anymore, can't tell how much the beer has to play into that

I cancelled my appointment, even if they let me pay $3 I still can't afford the meds until tomorrow

US healthcare #1

my serotonin system #fucked

I'm usually not so worked up over drug side effects and adverse reactions... but this one was FUCKED
This is temporarly...I fucked my Gaba,opioid and God knows what other system.Last day and night howling in da bed.Cant walk without a stick like 90 years oldman.This pass.This time was only a day.Feels like suddenly somebody put on my shoulders a hundred kilos and the weight is enormous.This all with twisted movements through all my body.Once it hits me in the highway.200 km drive totally twisted.All docs(shrinks),gives me one diagnose-drug abuse disorder.Once told me-schyzoid dissorder.Five years of periods of relative normality and total agony.Grateful when I am"normal".I am sure for me that less pills,more movement,work and sweat the better.I call this periods-possession,cause thats the way I feel it.The dog in such moments behave strangely-cry and shake,just like me.I am sure it see something,that I cannot see.So despite I am a some kind a believer,also trust and believe in science(this two are not contradictive,just different methods to seek the truth.So definetly I will do a braincsan also.Had a bad carcrash and broke the front window of a car with my head before many years..so it could be anything.It will pass my friend....for a while.Calm down...it will pass...i know that

I used to take 2mg/day with virtually zero side effects, almost no sedation or hunger, I for whatever reason tolerate risperidone very well (compared to other APs)

I have been taking 1-2mg per day for 8 days now, on 9th day did not take any today

good news: I have script to propranolol which just happens to be the main drug used to treat this (other than benzos, which I highly doubt they would even give me in the first place)

bad news: my doctor fucked up and prescribed a brand not covered by my insurance, walgreens wants $2000 for 30 pills!~

medium news: I am going to urgent care in 1 hour, have an appointment

medium bad news: they might tell me to fuck off and go to the ER, I also have no money to pay except a few bucks as down payment on the bill

Sounds like he wrote you script for Inderal LA, yeah that stuff is phenomenally expensive for no good reason.

Sounds like he wrote you script for Inderal LA, yeah that stuff is phenomenally expensive for no good reason.
exactly, yes, he did

some stupid fucking brand name, and he wrote NO SUBSITUTIONS

I used to buy the generic 80mg XR for like $8

I emailed him... who knows how long it will take to get a response

stupid part is when I saw him 9 days ago I showed him my generic bottle, yet he wrote brand name out

he very clearly does not enjoy working with addicts and got me out of there as quickly as possible

Woke up in the middle of my sleep in near complete psychosis.. that was scary... Felt like I woke up on acid... There is a reason I take risperidone. Free tribal tattoos on walls is only fun when you want it to be....

Took .5mg risperidone and 2-3g kratom seem to be calming down was also in kratom withdrawal

Feel like I'm playing chicken with my brain... Not a fun feeling

Last edited:
so yeah basically I have a better idea of what's going on

risperidone and kratom both being 5-HT2a antagonists my serotonin levels plummeted, throwing my serotonin/dopamine balance way off and thus causing the nasty side effects and pretty serious akathisia

I feel somewhat better now, however after ceasing both now my serotonin is going up again and I'm experiencing a some mild symptoms of serotonin syndrome again now, mostly goose bumps, temperature sensitivity, extreme reactions to sudden unexpected sounds/light similar to brain zaps and cognitive disturbances/weird thought patterns

this is very difficult to moderate, my levels have been either too high or too low no matter what I do it seems

the good news in all this is I went from about 30g/day of kratom down to less than 5g so thats cool I guess

the bad news is now I'm scared to take my AP medication and don't want to wake up in psychosis again, that really sucks

The restlessness could be akathisia.

It's a common side effect of antipsychotics I think.

EDIT : Nvm, you seem to have figured it out! :p disregard my comment.

I feel somewhat better now, however after ceasing both now my serotonin is going up again and I'm experiencing a some mild symptoms of serotonin syndrome again now, mostly goose bumps, temperature sensitivity, extreme reactions to sudden unexpected sounds/light similar to brain zaps and cognitive disturbances/weird thought patterns
This is what has happened to me in the past when I have quit APs. Once I ran out of Abilify for a few days when I was between doctors and had all that including a body buzz feeling of being high on weed but without smoking any weed, if that makes any sense. Kind of like elation.

Be careful with that. Like you said, you take Risperdal for a reason- to mitigate your schizophrenia symptoms. Maybe a different AP would help. I found Abilify to have fewer side effects than Risperdal. I thought Risperidone was Risperdal in the 30 day injection form.

a body buzz feeling of being high on weed but without smoking any weed, if that makes any sense
yeah I've had that unexplainable euphoria too, too much serotonin floating around

I thought Risperidone was Risperdal in the 30 day injection form.
risperidone is the chemical name, risperdal is the brand name can be either pills or injection

personally, I always tolerated risperidone very well and barely had any side effects at all, this is all new to me, my system is all wonky. I'm taking half as much as I used to and having 10x more issues

just had the longest sleep paralysis I've ever had, lasted for what felt like 1-2 minutes instead of just 5-10 seconds >_<

only slept an hour, now I can't get back to sleep

just had the longest sleep paralysis I've ever had, lasted for what felt like 1-2 minutes instead of just 5-10 seconds >_<

Damn man, I'm sorry. I struggle with sleep paralysis at times too, it can definitely be uncomfortably long bouts of it.

I take quetiapine personally. I only take 100mg these days, and not necessarily every night, just when I can't sleep or if I'm having too much mania or something.

But for me after trying a lot of the other APs, it's been the one that works the best with the least amount of side effects and such.

Ah man, sounds rough.

I just saw this thread and thought i'd ask a bit of advice re: Kratom/Ashawaganda. I've been coming off of a fairly heavy and drawn-out dope habit in prep for rehab with Kratom (which i've been taking for several months too). I'm in treatment now and have been dosing the last of my Kratom for the past four days to come off of a milder dope (post-big rip) habit that I got just by wanting to get a last few days in. I've steadily tapered down on the Kratom (Borneo Red) and have felt alright but still haven't slept for 4 nights and stupidly mixed it with a Seroquel 100 last night and had chronic RLS as a result. I've run out of Kratom just now and all I have left is a tub of Ashwaganda, some magnesium, L-dopa and my Vyvanse script.

I've never really experienced Kratom wds since I've just gone immediately back to dope at the first glimpse of discomfort, but I no longer have that option and thinking that I might be in for a nasty surprise imminently, which is not going to do my current sleepless-night tally any good. Any tips gratefully received, specifically any Ash dosage-suggestions or any other OTC rehab-friendly aids.

I hope things have calmed down for you!