• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe What the F happened when I shot up?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
I've done this, literally, hundreds of times, and this is the first time this happened.

Right when I shot it up, I direct felt: this is wrong, and I started feeling some sort of sickness, with an urge to cough (like wtf?), and my hands (and some other parts of the body) started shaking fast, and then I began losing consciousness and thought I was going to faint but it never went that far. I immediately thought I had injected bacterias, but I checked the "requirements" for sepsis, but no fever, I didn't feel sick, except for in the beginning ... very weakly, and that thing in my torso/stomach/chest. My breath remained normal even though I paniced. I'm still not feverish at least 7 hours later.

It has nothing to do with it being bupe as I've done that SO many times before and I have shot a shitload of non-filtered bupe (like 24 mg at once) and then NEVER got this reaction! And the place of injection is just fine. Nothing too red or anything - not sore.

I used old syringes and needles - ONLY used by me, and washed them with soap, even the filters, before doing this.

I feel OK now, but I've used 10 mg clonazepam and amph since then so who knows what comes back at me.

Anyone have any idea?

You need to sterilize your old rigs with bleach not just wash them with soap

Right? That doesn't work... Are sterile Cotton balls that expensive? I know they aren't...

You need to sterilize your old rigs with bleach not just wash them with soap

You wash and reuse your old filters?

This method has worked so many times. It did so a few minutes afterwards, when I IV'd Clonazepam, and today again, with the same filters.

Perhaps I by accident IV'd some soap? I realized today I took the water from a cup in which I had dipped soap-"drenched" syringes. The soap level must have been at a minimum, because I didn't see it.

Right? That doesn't work... Are sterile Cotton balls that expensive? I know they aren't...
No but there's sitting on the boring tube to get tot he needle exchange and it's much easier to just clean it with soap, or bleach, which I should now consider buying. Thanks for the idea, Tacodude. I have used it before to clean neeles/syringes I got from HIV-people but thought it not necessary to use it on stuff only I have used.