• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What the effects of drugs tell us about the universe.

Legally High

Bluelighter
Is it all in our heads?
Humans have a higher awareness than any creature we know of.
Yet we have all these questions with no answers.
Is life to create more life?
All of this gives me great anxiety. Yet excitement.
I read today how neuroscienctists explained good and evil. Empathy. 100% empathy being good and 0% being evil.
I have always been the most empathetic person I?ve known. And this has caused me great anxiety. Or it could be the other way around. I?m starting to think empathy and anxiety are closely related as I write this.
I have empathy for others to the point I suffer from anxiety.
The fact that it could or will be me.
The fact that we will all meet our fate together.
The chances are we all leave our consciousness....not knowing what it was all about.
We keep coming and going.
We have been given vision but cannot see.

Can anyone give me reassurance?

I want to be at peace.

Empathy is the ability to predict how another is feeling. You need it to know another person might be hurt by your actions. But that means you also need it to intentionally hurt another person. There would be no torture without empathy, and there wouldn't be any war without it. So it's both good and evil.

Which makes it interesting that the only animals known to go to war against each other are humans, chimpanzees, and wolves.

The problem is that since everyone suffers, sensitive people--those with active empathy--"feel" all that suffering, or "see" any future suffering. So anxiety and empathy are linked.

I don't know what you need reassurance with, you see clearly already, and know exactly what's coming.

Hmm. We all live, we all die, we all hurt.

You only really touch on druga in the title, not your actual post.
But seeing as you posted in Psychedelic Drugs, i'm going to assume that was deliberate :)

I think psychedelics take us briefly out of the mundane world of worrying about everyday life stuffc and that helps forget about that for a few hours in a crazy headspace, which can often become quite self-analytical, so we can kind of see the big picture.