• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What the come on of benzo withdrawal feels like?

Im inspired; I hit a wall in my mind trying to get to 10mg.
Tons in the bottle; but I would rather get high on clonazepam
I take as little as 150 pregabalin; then I may take 750 mgs to compensate when overdoing it with some illicit diazepam or taking more than 1mg/day of clonazepam
Good job I am going to 10mgs.
I don't feel great but I have benzo, pregabalin clonidine and a beta blocker.
But 20 plus years of methadone I am over it in so many ways.
Just...can;t pull the plug
Carry on!

Wait, do you have any gabapentin or pregabalin on hand? Those are straight up used to treat legit RLS, and I've read it helps a lot of people with it in opioid withdrawals too.
Can’t touch those two they blow up my pain for some reason even just one dose. Same with baclofen.

Maybe the taper is going well enough now where I will avoid these RLS fits. I’m like 60 hours post my last 2.5 mg dose and it hasn’t happened where before I was getting it at 24 hours post dose.

Like I said before I kicked methadone before and didn’t have that RLS so hopefully it doesn’t happen this time and I can ride out the rest of the withdrawal.

I absolutely have to. I’m cornered. Going down the road of methadone again I know I will hit a brick wall and end up right back where I started or worse. I don’t know where the current road will lead but I need to see where it does

I take as little as 150 pregabalin; then I may take 750 mgs to compensate when overdoing it with some illicit diazepam or taking more than 1mg/day of clonazepam
Carry on!

Carry on!

I hope you can man. I’ve never gone above 20 mg per day dependency, but I find it not too bad getting down low. It’s always going from 1 mg to 0 that is the hardest.

In a perfect world I could get some fentanyl matrix patches and get off of opioids using those cutting them down smaller and smaller. Easiest opioid kick of my life and it was after a solid 7 years of going hard. If ppl that were serious about getting off could be trusted with or given these patches to kick opioids in such a manner I bet we’d see a lot more ppl getting clean without going through some horrible detox and still maintain their lives and jobs while kicking opioids.

I've never gotten to the point of full withdrawal but having an on again/off again relationship with RC benzos has given me some insight. The first thing I'll notice is inability to sleep. This usually coincides with being easily agitated and having panic over really standard daily annoyances. Kinda reminds me of two days after a mdma binge. I definitely end up snapping at my wife over something stupid when in my normal headspace I either wouldn't think twice or take a few deep breaths. Having a sensation of "too much energy in the body" as well. I have ADHD so I am pretty well adjusted to being antsy, but with benzo cessation it's a whole other level.

I've never gotten to the point of full withdrawal but having an on again/off again relationship with RC benzos has given me some insight. The first thing I'll notice is inability to sleep. This usually coincides with being easily agitated and having panic over really standard daily annoyances. Kinda reminds me of two days after a mdma binge. I definitely end up snapping at my wife over something stupid when in my normal headspace I either wouldn't think twice or take a few deep breaths. Having a sensation of "too much energy in the body" as well. I have ADHD so I am pretty well adjusted to being antsy, but with benzo cessation it's a whole other level.
Yes spot on. I experience this exactly with them. Except for the too much energy in the body. But the rage after they wear off is real.

Derealization/depersonalization. It was like being on a drug itself. Things didn't seem real or things felt like a dream. Lots of paranoia and of course anxiety. But yeah, the feeling of being in a kind of dream like state was what really stood out.

This is exactly how I feel when I go a few days without Valium. I'm ready to kick this shit but have stayed on them just to avoid the withdrawal. At this point it doesn't even do much for my anxiety, just helps me fall asleep at night but then noticeably increases my lethargy/depression afterwards. Time for a proper taper I guess but I wish I could just stop taking them altogether right now.

good luck my friend. Tapering is the way to go but it looks difficult as fuck. I went cold turkey and probably could've died but I'm still here so it can be done.

Thank you, and damn that's hardcore, I couldn't imagine. I went a few days without again and took a smaller dose than usual last night. Not feeling too bad. Think I'll stabilize here and keep dropping it in small increments until I'm fully off. Hopefully that's a more painless way to go about this than letting myself get near the point of full withdrawal after each dose before taking another one.

Thank you, and damn that's hardcore, I couldn't imagine. I went a few days without again and took a smaller dose than usual last night. Not feeling too bad. Think I'll stabilize here and keep dropping it in small increments until I'm fully off. Hopefully that's a more painless way to go about this than letting myself get near the point of full withdrawal after each dose before taking another one.

I think it is. I just finished methadone taper and cold turkey.

I found that if I took a really small dose right before the next withdrawal would set in I was fine. If I waited an extra 3 hours to be in bad withdrawal; I would uncessarily take a larger dose than the described small dose.

I think its better to take the smaller dose right before the withdrawal gets too out of control.

Granted this is opioids I have no benzo withdrawal experience (but it seems like I’m gonna find out one day).

It fuckin was man. I put The Departed on, thinking I'd chill with a film but it triggered some hardcore PTSD flashbacks due to the subject matter of the film haha. My partner called me and I broke down to her. Then it was just days of getting through it, really difficult and trippy. Like being on a drug as I said. Or a dream. Everything seemed really alien and weird, it was like seeing it for the first time. It gets better though, after the fucking seizure. Then I just had to crawl, sit there, try and eat, try and sleep (sleep is SUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT when you're coming off benzos, I have to stress that).

Anyway it was worth it, after a month or so I was feeling good. Sadly I relapsed and initially planned to taper but I'm not ready. Good luck to you though as I said before. You can do it and it will be worth it - eventually you will feel great.