• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What temperature breaks down psilocybin and psilocin?

orangelicker

Bluelighter
Does anyone know...

At what temperature will psilocybin/psilocin break down? Can?t find an exact temperature or even a range/estimate. (I?m sure it?s a different temp for each)

Someone in another discussion is trying to tell me ?it?s a myth and you?re lying,? when I said that frying up your psilocybin mushies will destroy/denature the alkaloids.

Hey, I have been wrong before, but I have heard a couple stories about cooking destroying the potency, so I dunno.

Now, I?m curious. I know that heat will accelerate oxidation.

Thanks!

Yeah I think even boiling water will begin to break down psilocybin, so I definitely wouldn't want to fry them unless I had a shit ton and wanted to just recklessly make an omelette of random potency.

I don't think it's too much of a binary thing where a certain temperature threshold causes psilocybin to suddenly break down, more like it's a very fragile molecule that breaks down easily the warmer it gets.

Even mushroom tea is best to make with less than boiling water from what I know...

Sorry I can't supply you with any hard facts to support your arguement, maybe someone else can.