• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides What should i expect from a 87.5 dose of acid? Need answers asap, please (gonna do it soon today)

long gone are the days with my best friend dropping acid at midnight peaking under the moon and stars in the park smoking joints reflecting on the beauty of life and just staring at the stars. I never took acid to many times in the day time. Mainly due to not wanting to deal with people lol.

I haven't done acid in years but when I did, I never measured the dose. My step-sis has a tiny gel pyramid of 350 mg or micrograms of acid. She was gonna take half, and I was gonna take a 1/4 and share the other 1/4 with someone else. What should I expect from 87.5? I'm gonna be around family elders and some friends of theirs, so I don't want the trip to go south.
Save it. It isn't a good idea to take on a day you plan to spend with family and additional people you don't know. Setting is powerful and believe me you don't want to be around anyone other than loved ones who know you're on it. Especially 87.5 micrograms, that's a large enough dose to produce a full-blown psychedelic experience.

However the one thing more important than setting is set. I can already tell that your mindset has greenlighted this thing so if you do decide to go ahead and drop acid and hang with your parents friends please consider microdosing. One of the most promising avenues of research into practical uses is taking threshold or even sub-threshold amounts. CUT that baby into thirds. Take one. You're still getting 29.17μg if my math is correct, which is plenty! Don't worry you'll be dancing with those friends parents and having a good time and no one the wiser

m
Save it. It isn't a good idea to take on a day you plan to spend with family and additional people you don't know. Setting is powerful and believe me you don't want to be around anyone other than loved ones who know you're on it. Especially 87.5 micrograms, that's a large enough dose to produce a full-blown psychedelic experience.

However the one thing more important than setting is set. I can already tell that your mindset has greenlighted this thing so if you do decide to go ahead and drop acid and hang with your parents friends please consider microdosing. One of the most promising avenues of research into practical uses is taking threshold or even sub-threshold amounts. CUT that baby into thirds. Take one. You're still getting 29.17μg if my math is correct, which is plenty! Don't worry you'll be dancing with those friends parents and having a good time and no one the wiser
A positive mindset is definitely key. I had to learn that the hard way on my last trip years ago. Haha.

The dogs are trained to only react if commanded. I believe it's to prevent random people from attacked and the lawsuits that would ensure. I have also walked past drug dogs with stinky weed all up on my person.

Ive succesfully walked past drug dogs smelling of weed too - mind you I hadnt washed my arse for three days either - maybe that distracts them.

This Thread is a lot like acid, people get out of it what they brought into it. Advice you're getting can be read as short honest biographical statements.

Short of lab analysis, no one knows the strength of a hit of black market LSD unless they're the chemist.

Sometimes tripping at night I turn all the lights out and light a big scented candle and watch the flickering light. Other times I wander around the garden at 3 AM wondering what the plants are talking about.
Sometimes tripping at night I go to underground parties and raves and wind up at an afterparty turning people on to the charms of substituted arylcyclohexylamines and vaporized DMT freebase at 6 AM wondering what the machine elves are talking about 🤘😤

I guess how i feel about it is that I don't wanna lose myself but I also want it to be worth my time.
You have to place yourself in a state of vulnerability, and just let go… then the trip will be worth your time. It's refreshing, like rebooting your brain. I get what you're saying about having just a quarter each; I just thought I'd try managing your expectations a bit and I really wouldn't expect much from it. But who knows? I'm curious how the trip goes for you now. I'm skeptical about that 350 mg dosing. That would be insane. Most LSD vendors have no idea how many milligrams each hit contains; they're just going off what they're told by someone doing the same thing, ad nauseum, until we get to the chemist, who also might not know for sure how pure their acid is without access to a GC-MS machine that costs about as much as a Lamborghini…
then realized I had forgotten about half an Oz of weed in my carry on. Just casually walked thru security with it unbeknownst to me... Nobody said anything.
I did something similar … Nobody said shit to me either, so I researched how TSA operates and what kind of arrests happen with the most frequency for them. Then I understood how it works, and I researched how the x-ray machines color code the objects they encounter based on density. What you do not want to do is try to smuggle or hide anything in weird places – crevices and pockets and shit like that. It's all going to show up on the x-ray for them, so you might as well not bother trying to be sneaky with anything as it will arouse suspicion. Just keep your stuff tidy and neatly packed among similar-sized (but innocuous) things, such as the aforementioned toiletries. Mainly they're looking for bombs, firearms, shrapnel, solid chunks of metal and similarly dense things… plastic explosives, sharp objects/blades, volatile chemicals, makeshift weaponry and other dangerous improvised devices (including would-be shoe bombs, evidently).
Obviously will not fool dogs.
Well, no, but 1. it is possible to avoid detection from drug dogs if you know what you're doing and understand the physics of aromatics, and 2. that's not how drug-sniffing dogs work. But don't worry – many people have no clue about the logistics of K9 units, and to an extent, the K9 dogs' presence alone works as a deterrent because people think they're constantly smelling for all drugs all the time…
I had a drug dog at the airport walk past me then I realized o fuck I have a loose nug of skunk in my pocket the dog didn't even notice. I'm sure sniffer dogs get tired after a hour
No, you see – to the dog, he's just playing a game with the officer to get treats. If you ever spent time with a German Shepard, you know they seem to have boundless energy sometimes…

But check it out – this is how drug-sniffing dogs work. Dogs can only be taught to search for one smell at a time. They do not keep a mental database or some memorized doggy check-list Rolodex of illicit smells, you know? … as if any time they smell one of a couple dozen memorized scents, they just start barking to alert. That would be impressive if they did, and also it would suck even worse than it does now with dogs being forced into manual labor for the narco-swine.

The officer produces a small sample of whatever they want the dog to find. So if it's suspected cocaine, for example, but the officer has no probable cause and no search warrant, they might call in a K9 unit, produce a small amount of cocaine used to “calibrate the dog”, if you will, and then the dog gets a treat for finding any more cocaine on the subject and/or their personal property. Of course the dogs can be made to false alert – they don't care about hooman concepts of so-called “justice”; they just want to get that treat – and the officers are now off-the-hook in case they're wrong and wind up violating your Constitutional protection against unreasonable search and seizure under the the Fourth Amendment. Like a rotten fart, just blame it on the dog must be the motto.

And I read somewhere that a recent test conducted in Germany determined that drug-sniffing dogs are only ~40% accurate. Yet this is still court-admissible somehow…

I imagine any dogs they take around the airport to sniff for things is most likely trained to sniff for the most common home-made explosive ingredient(s), or gun powder maybe, or toluene-based compounds like TNT… perhaps it's even simpler than that, and the dog is sniffing for lighter fluid…
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ … I dunno. Either way they've always just blown on by me while I'm riding dirty.​

Dogs can smell the way humans can see. Consider a beef stew on the cooker. A human smells it cooking of course, but it comes across as one composite smell: beef stew. If this person looks into the pot it's cooking in, they will then see that the stew has beef, potato, carrots, onions, peas, and celery or whatever and is generally brown in color – lotta visual details. But we get limited olfactory ones due to lack of sensitivity in our noses. Meanwhile, dogs' vision is rather poor when compared to human vision, or especially compared to their own sense of smell. (Plus dogs are colorblind). If a dog looks into a pot of stew, all they can see is a non-descript, blurry bunch of colorless stuff in a dark pot. But if a dog smells that same stew, they can delineate each item in the stew just by smell alone – they will detect the beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, etc. the same way we can visually do so.

If you can smell something that means you are drawing into your nose tiny, invisible-to-the-naked-eye particles of this thing, and it is also thus said to be “aromatic”. So if you smell an essential oil, say for instance: Indian dill seed oil. If you heat this, your whole lab, err, I mean, kitchen will smell like pickles because tiny particles of the oil are atomizing into the atmosphere around it. In other words, there are particles of it in the air. (Try not to think of this next time you use a public toilet.)

Plastic is not chemically inert – though Teflon gets pretty close – and plastics will leach aromatic compounds through them, though it usually takes some time to do so, and vacuum sealing actually compresses things and hastens its process (plus crushes trichomes; avoid it if you can). That's why weed smells even when it's bagged-up and zip-lock sealed. Double- or triple-bagging cannabis helps tamp the smell down because it has more layers of plastic to leach through before it's smelled, and anyways this works well enough for the airport because as previously mentioned, the dogs aren't being trained on cannabis nearly as much as they once were thanks to a culture climate in 2021 of "legalize marijuana" and "defund the police". But if you wanted to keep a drug dog from smelling something and alerting, you need a container made of a chemically impenetrable substance. This means either stainless steel or sodium borosilicate glass. I recommend the latter as metals might attract attention. You also need to wipe thoroughly the surface of this glass or steel container with rubbing alcohol. Dogs can pick up on the faintest of trace smells; but fortunately law enforcement is focused on finding other things that actually directly impact our safety. (This is a good thing, btw, if we're going to tolerate federal goons being assigned to all our airports :))

You have to place yourself in a state of vulnerability, and just let go… then the trip will be worth your time. It's refreshing, like rebooting your brain. I get what you're saying about having just a quarter each; I just thought I'd try managing your expectations a bit and I really wouldn't expect much from it. But who knows? I'm curious how the trip goes for you now. I'm skeptical about that 350 mg dosing. That would be insane. Most LSD vendors have no idea how many milligrams each hit contains; they're just going off what they're told by someone doing the same thing, ad nauseum, until we get to the chemist, who also might not know for sure how pure their acid is without access to a GC-MS machine that costs about as much as a Lamborghini…

I did something similar … Nobody said shit to me either, so I researched how TSA operates and what kind of arrests happen with the most frequency for them. Then I understood how it works, and I researched how the x-ray machines color code the objects they encounter based on density. What you do not want to do is try to smuggle or hide anything in weird places – crevices and pockets and shit like that. It's all going to show up on the x-ray for them, so you might as well not bother trying to be sneaky with anything as it will arouse suspicion. Just keep your stuff tidy and neatly packed among similar-sized (but innocuous) things, such as the aforementioned toiletries. Mainly they're looking for bombs, firearms, shrapnel, solid chunks of metal and similarly dense things… plastic explosives, sharp objects/blades, volatile chemicals, makeshift weaponry and other dangerous improvised devices (including would-be shoe bombs, evidently).

Well, no, but 1. it is possible to avoid detection from drug dogs if you know what you're doing and understand the physics of aromatics, and 2. that's not how drug-sniffing dogs work. But don't worry – many people have no clue about the logistics of K9 units, and to an extent, the K9 dogs' presence alone works as a deterrent because people think they're constantly smelling for all drugs all the time…

No, you see – to the dog, he's just playing a game with the officer to get treats. If you ever spent time with a German Shepard, you know they seem to have boundless energy sometimes…

But check it out – this is how drug-sniffing dogs work. Dogs can only be taught to search for one smell at a time. They do not keep a mental database or some memorized doggy check-list Rolodex of illicit smells, you know? … as if any time they smell one of a couple dozen memorized scents, they just start barking to alert. That would be impressive if they did, and also it would suck even worse than it does now with dogs being forced into manual labor for the narco-swine.

The officer produces a small sample of whatever they want the dog to find. So if it's suspected cocaine, for example, but the officer has no probable cause and no search warrant, they might call in a K9 unit, produce a small amount of cocaine used to “calibrate the dog”, if you will, and then the dog gets a treat for finding any more cocaine on the subject and/or their personal property. Of course the dogs can be made to false alert – they don't care about hooman concepts of so-called “justice”; they just want to get that treat – and the officers are now off-the-hook in case they're wrong and wind up violating your Constitutional protection against unreasonable search and seizure under the the Fourth Amendment. Like a rotten fart, just blame it on the dog must be the motto.

And I read somewhere that a recent test conducted in Germany determined that drug-sniffing dogs are only ~40% accurate. Yet this is still court-admissible somehow…

I imagine any dogs they take around the airport to sniff for things is most likely trained to sniff for the most common home-made explosive ingredient(s), or gun powder maybe, or toluene-based compounds like TNT… perhaps it's even simpler than that, and the dog is sniffing for lighter fluid…
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ … I dunno. Either way they've always just blown on by me while I'm riding dirty.​

Dogs can smell the way humans can see. Consider a beef stew on the cooker. A human smells it cooking of course, but it comes across as one composite smell: beef stew. If this person looks into the pot it's cooking in, they will then see that the stew has beef, potato, carrots, onions, peas, and celery or whatever and is generally brown in color – lotta visual details. But we get limited olfactory ones due to lack of sensitivity in our noses. Meanwhile, dogs' vision is rather poor when compared to human vision, or especially compared to their own sense of smell. (Plus dogs are colorblind). If a dog looks into a pot of stew, all they can see is a non-descript, blurry bunch of colorless stuff in a dark pot. But if a dog smells that same stew, they can delineate each item in the stew just by smell alone – they will detect the beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, etc. the same way we can visually do so.

If you can smell something that means you are drawing into your nose tiny, invisible-to-the-naked-eye particles of this thing, and it is also thus said to be “aromatic”. So if you smell an essential oil, say for instance: Indian dill seed oil. If you heat this, your whole lab, err, I mean, kitchen will smell like pickles because tiny particles of the oil are atomizing into the atmosphere around it. In other words, there are particles of it in the air. (Try not to think of this next time you use a public toilet.)

Plastic is not chemically inert – though Teflon gets pretty close – and plastics will leach aromatic compounds through them, though it usually takes some time to do so, and vacuum sealing actually compresses things and hastens its process (plus crushes trichomes; avoid it if you can). That's why weed smells even when it's bagged-up and zip-lock sealed. Double- or triple-bagging cannabis helps tamp the smell down because it has more layers of plastic to leach through before it's smelled, and anyways this works well enough for the airport because as previously mentioned, the dogs aren't being trained on cannabis nearly as much as they once were thanks to a culture climate in 2021 of "legalize marijuana" and "defund the police". But if you wanted to keep a drug dog from smelling something and alerting, you need a container made of a chemically impenetrable substance. This means either stainless steel or sodium borosilicate glass. I recommend the latter as metals might attract attention. You also need to wipe thoroughly the surface of this glass or steel container with rubbing alcohol. Dogs can pick up on the faintest of trace smells; but fortunately law enforcement is focused on finding other things that actually directly impact our safety. (This is a good thing, btw, if we're going to tolerate federal goons being assigned to all our airports :))
I had a dog at an airport smell an apple I had in my backpack and they took it, and said it was forbidden to take fruit onto the plane or to another city and country.

Sometimes tripping at night I go to underground parties and raves and wind up at an afterparty turning people on to the charms of substituted arylcyclohexylamines and vaporized DMT freebase at 6 AM wondering what the machine elves are talking about 🤘😤
I never been to a real rave. Just small ones back in my highschool days in the mid 2000's. I think I missed out.

So not much happened when we dosed the 1/4 pieces last weekend. We got the expected body high from the come up, but it didn't really get more intense than that. No visuals or anything remarkable. I guess y'all were right about dosage claims being greatly exaggerated. Even the edibles i make seem more psychedelic. It wasn't completely boring though. My fiance and I painted a mini mural of 3 aliens on a building we got permission to decorate and we stood in awe of how an amateur mural turned out so well. Haha.

So not much happened when we dosed the 1/4 pieces last weekend. I guess y'all were right about dosage claims being greatly exaggerated. Even the edibles i make seem more psychedelic. It wasn't completely boring though. My fiance and I painted a mini mural of 3 aliens on a building we got permission to decorate and we stood in awe of how an amateur mural turned out so well. Haha.
I was hoping I was wrong, but that’s why I tried to set realistic expectations. Virtually no one is laying blotter at 350 µg/hit. Makes zero financial sense because it essentially wastes product on a consumer not expecting that large of a dose (or else they would pay more for more acid and consume it knowingly). The black market won’t bear a price jump like that. I’ll avoid actual numbers since it’s against site policy, but I’ll say this: the price seems to dictate the dosing; not the other way around, at least in some sense. Weird, right?

To be fair though, this has actually happened in the past, according to both the DEA and The Darknet Avengers forum when the harm reduction group decided to call a bunch of the darknet market LSD vendors’ claims of single-hit dosage via GC-MS (someone had access and posted the spectral print-outs) to show which vendors were full of shit. And while it’s true most vendors falsely claim higher potency, not all do. In fact, a couple of them (out of dozens) were actually over the claimed amount by a long shot, testing somewhere in the 300-400 µg/hit with a claim of being double-dipped (200 µg).

Regardless, consider this: at 100µg/hit, 1 kilo of LSD = 10 million doses. But at 350µg/hit, 1 kilo = 2.85 million doses instead. That’s 71.5% fewer hits. No one should commit felonies for free.

And anyway believe me – a full 350 µg of good L in someone w/zero tolerance is a fucking intense trip, to say the least. When you start pushing any higher, you begin to full-on hallucinate eventually experiencing a delirium state. This is when it’s absolutely clutch to have a vigilant trip sitter on hand to make sure you don’t get into trouble and/or hurt yourself or others accidentally/unknowingly, if one insists on tripping hard like that.

Well now you know at least…
I never been to a real rave. Just small ones back in my highschool days in the mid 2000's. I think I missed out.
There are pros and cons to the raves of the 90s. The production values (and oftentimes, budgets) were low. This is still true of underground raves, btw—which have seen a resurgence during COVID-19 in the big metropolitan cities where promoters have been surreptitiously hosting “speak easy” parties during COVID-19 sheltering—but it’s hard to top some of the visually arresting spectacles at festivals like Tomorrowland, EDC, Ultra, etc. Nevertheless, the resurgence is appreciated and I see this trend continuing. Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ve attended at least a handful of raves in the 90s that were raided by various law enforcement groups ranging from hired security thugs and local po-po penelopes to state police vice squads and the DEA. Rave raids really puts a damper on the evening’s extracurricular activities… so honestly maybe you didn’t miss anything…

Last edited:
Crazy I always get huge saucer plates on any lsa, lsd, or shrooms. Noticeable on 1 hit, hard to tell what eye color I have ( Grey blue) as the pupil just dominates most of my eye up to where the white space starts. Although I have only done acid and shrooms 15 to 20 times each, Las maybe 10 over a decade so those effects might go away with more regular use? I have gotten several comments on it.

On the reverse of the I never really get constricted pupils on opiates. I use pretty irregularly (3 to 5) times a month so tolerance stays mostly under control and even a decent dose of like 120mg ms cotin up the nose I don't notice it that much.
Hi, just randomly arrived here. I nowadays don’t get the same saucer pupils I used to.

I still trip every bit, fully visual and all, and I do get a varying degree actually on different doses, days of pupil enlargement.

Like, a 150 ug dose can be next to a 500 ug one, pupil wise, just perhaps, not sustained as many hours.

But no full eyed saucers at all like I have known, even on mg upwards, it’s like the body just doesn’t respond the same way physiologically.

I used to get the largest saucers on good old MDMA myself though. Full black at times. MDA a tad more perhaps.

Oh man I do miss my ecstasy. I have some from Holland but daren’t take it. I fear it would kill me, and not pleasantly.

I’d only consider plugging. That would avoid assured respiratory and stomach issues.

My concern then would be a nervous system overreaction to the stimulant. I believe there’s a chance of that regardless of ROA. 2 years ago I overreacted to 100 mg’s caffeine powder, more than I ever did before Lyme to even 600 mg doses of MDMA.

Caffeine powder is very dangerous though. A young Australian man mistook it for protein powder, took a whole teaspoon, and flatlined!

It caused a stir for govt regulation.

I have a pot. I could easily kill myself in 10 minutes max I feel, getting up now go downstairs pot spoon and go….

I’m not slightly inclined to do that, but I’ve just realised this second, that is a fact.

So I feel it’s the prolonged frequent and heavy acid use that desensitised my pupil dilation without effecting the trip.

I don't mind tripping at night. I'd go outside and star-gaze.

for sure.

one of my favourite things about being at burning man early in the week - before there are 70,000 people there and all their light pollution :) - is tripping and heading out to the middle of the playa to stargaze. i can see thousands more stars, and the foggy bar of the milk way. add in some shooting stars and it's, well, heavenly :)

alasdair

Looks fun, I guess that was the point? =D
For raves, I imagine some huge warehouse party for thousands of people. Clubbing with a couple hundred, maybe 1000 is better imo. Better access to toilet and drinks, music installation is generally much better and optimized for the room, and I don't see the added value of having 10x as much people there.