• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What religion most reflects your views: Belief-O-Matic Quiz with poll (updated)

Choose your favourite belief or religion

• Agnosticism

Votes: 114 17.0%
  • Atheism

Votes: 124 18.5%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 129 19.3%
  • Christianity

Votes: 74 11.1%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Judaism

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Pagan & Earth-Based

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • Taoism

Votes: 47 7.0%
  • Other belief

Votes: 89 13.3%

• Total voters
Funny. I was raised by Jewish parents who taught me to question everything.:)

It seems we share a common link.

Zen-buddhism to be precise, especially the mystical approach to it.
That is the most deconditioning conditioner I have come across... beliefs are ultimately all a form of conditioning so immediate escape is therefore extremely hard. So the best you can do is use a belief that undermines everything as much as possible including itself. Thence optimal generation of freedom is inevitable.

Judging by the questions and answer choices in the quizz, I think it should have been called "Are you a Christian or not?" 8)

I'm an agnostic.

I answered the beliefnet test for fun and was surprised by what I got:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (97%)
3. New Age (95%)
4. Liberal Quakers (92%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (90%)
6. Mahayana Buddhism (84%)
7. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (83%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (79%)
9. New Thought (76%)
10. Bahá'í Faith (70%) / Scientology (70%)

What boggles my mind is I scored 14% on the religion of both sides of my family (all but my father and I are very devout) - ROMAN CATHOLIC. =D

I scored higher on Orthodox Judaism and Jehovah's Witness than I did my religion of origin.

I identify as an agnostic.

I would still receive the same result.

i always, allwaays haha, have Libera-Quaker on top, with like 98.9%
then Unitarian Universalism... christian science, buddhism, taoism, and different forms of paganism will change places for third, i guess the 3rd spot kind of shows what sort of general mood im in that day
~lol.

im going to take it again, fuck it.
im going to try and manipulate Satanism on there...
hahaharrr
i guess i could do that actually, i remember them asking asking questions pertaining to it before.

when i read about Liberal Quakers, i had to agree with it... a quote that stuck with me describing the religions premise, was that it is maybe the laazzziest religion there is..!
good enough then.
i think they couldnt put ~Hippie in the Woods Growing Food CoExisting~ on there, so LQr we are labeled as...
;-)

but Universalism is the KEY>

---
Edit:
Ohhh
seems ive voted on this pole already.
~Agnosticism
how boring.

Last edited:
I now identify as a simultaneous pantheist and atheist; how does this position me vis-a-vis the test? :p

yeah, personally i would agree with that as my self, definitely.

religion and spirituality always lead me directly back to nature.

Edit:
with that much love and respect for nature,
univesalism kinda falls into place along the way.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100% )
2. Neo-Pagan (97% )
3. Liberal Quakers (90% )
4. New Age (88% )
5. Taoism (83% )
6. Secular Humanism (81% )
7. Theravada Buddhism (78% )
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (72% )
9. Mahayana Buddhism (72% )
10. New Thought (68% )
11. Scientology (67% )
12. Nontheist (57% )

Last edited:
everyone should be agnostic. it is the only legitimate belief. the higher power (or lack of) is unknowable. we have no way of knowing, it's impossible. until some miracle happens and we see proof, then we will have something to believe in.

I'm a Christian but have gained much spirtual insight from psychedelics to the point at which my belief system is pretty heterodox to the point to which it would be virtually unrecognizable to your usual churchgoing Christian type, but yes it involves God & Jesus and believes in what is written in the Bible, so for what it's worth, I voted "Christian" ... "Entheogenic Christian?"

you really think an old man built a boat and was able to fit all those animals on it...and survive for 40 days

to those who don't believe in god/a creator...don't you think that is kind of dumb? i mean something/someone hard to start all of this some where along the line. all i believe is this all was created at one time, but in reality everything is unknowable, so it's impossible to say god doesn't exist.

FFS
ive read the Tao of Physics(haha), but that was a while ago.
this pages description of Taoism is VERY fitting for me, took the thought right out of my head, and a lot of what ive been typing right off these pages!
~neat-o.

arguing about ones beliefs ~ ~ shows lack of confidence in your own.

everyone should be agnostic. it is the only legitimate belief. the higher power (or lack of) is unknowable. we have no way of knowing, it's impossible. until some miracle happens and we see proof, then we will have something to believe in.
I think you could learn a lot of interesting stuff, if you got past your understanding, that religion/spiritual teachings are all about believing in a higher power or believing in anything at all.
I would even go so far and tell, that believing in anything unverifiable is not a requirement to understand the meaning of most religions/spiritual teachings.
But of course, this is merely an opinion and conclusion I have arrived to. :)

^
++

i was asked to draw my higher-power once, and drew a snowflake; to represent perfect unique nature.
and there it was.

:D

I am against religion. Grew up in a Christian home, the first church I went to as a child ended in scandal. The pastor was fucking the secretary who was married, the congregation sought spiritual council elsewhere once that became public knowledge. Over the years I began to see that the Sunday service was more often akin to a business meetings than anything. Religion formed in a time of human evolution where manipulation became an integral part of the way society functions. Tell the brutes they will suffer eternal damnation beyond the grave and your village became safe.

My religion is skepticism. My philosophy is happiness.

I now identify as a simultaneous pantheist and atheist; how does this position me vis-a-vis the test? :p

Nothing necessary than you are agnostic/impossible to define, like me :)

I expect you have read on religion more extensively than I have. The test is likely flawed.

I grew up in a irish catholic place where the church very much had a iron grip on the province. Thankfully after the horrible scandals that are simply beyond words came out that was the end of seperate schools for catholics and protestants. Not that much changed where i live because there simply are no protestants here on my little part of the island. So even though we all got dumped into public schools we where still indoctrinated in catholic=good and everything else was bad.

Once i grew up i went from agnostic to outright athiest due to the fact that i see no evidence of any god at all. Either there never was a good or he has long since abondoned and forgotten about us.

In anycase i consider it irrelevant so ya athiest it is.

"Either there never was a good or he has long since abondoned and forgotten about us."

i think youre on to something.
;)

?!>||<!?