• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What readily available substance gives you a gentle social push without harsh side ef

niwkkie

Greenlighter
effects?

I feel so fucken trapped when I am in social situations these days. I used to be sociable years ago but I just feel so far down in a pit when talking (or not talking as it goes now) to people I feel like I am dying inside and people lose interest in me before I can think of anything to say.

I despise it. It is like being locked in a cage of my mind watching opportunities evapourate in front of me.

I so long for the boundless energy and optimism of a dopamine buzz but know not to take strong ones now due to their bad crashes and side effects.

I fucking hate cofee and never found it really useful.

I also cant stand alcohol. Pissing like crazy and drying you out like a prune. -Very interested in other gabaergics because the alcohol disinhibition was very good and I hear other gabaergics are even better- but I didn't want to mess with them for the addiction risk.

Kratom is helpful to make me hate myself a little less and numb the pain and take my mind off my pathetic failure however I don't find it makes me more sociable really.

I have been looking into phenylpiracetam which sounds like it might be what I am after as a modest DRI without noticable side effects.

I have avoided the 'anti depressant train' as I do not like the idea of taking something every day. I need something that gives me a kick start that's all because once the engines are running I am fine but the engines are so cold from lack of use they never get started and just get more and more ceased.

I feel like my life is just draining away in front of me and it takes such a gargantuum effort to do social things due to my pessimism about the outcome.

I have heard low dose kratom(1g-2g) can help tremendously with this.

I don't know how you define readily available, but when I haven't used pregabalin for weeks and take around 150 mg I get very social and talkative. But if I take it just a few days in a row this effect dissapers. So there have to be weeks between using it. Pregabalin is a prescription drug, but you may get the same effect from Phenibut.

The the way you describe your feelings and your situation makes me alarmed. I would recommend that you get some therapy or help or you could be moving towards a downward spiral. You sound depressed or stressed or something where using drugs a the treatment will only make it worse or make you addicted to these drugs before your psychological state become even worse.

I really think you should seek help and see it you can stop whatever it is that are happening to you before it might become mere severe. When ever you feel like you need drugs to come through life or certain situation, you are in a dangerous and vulnerable place.

Yes by readily available I meant just not some obscure rc :).

Prescription as long as it isn't scheduled I would generally consider readily available.

we're not here to give you recommendations on how to get high

My bad, it was really early and I was a bit "out of it" at the moment.

Have you looked in to a diet that promotes dopamine and serotonin? Maybe couple that with some good cardio?

Last edited:
we're not here to give you recommendations on how to get high

It is not my impression that getting high is what niwkkie is after, rather he/she are searching for things that can help reduce his anxiety/depression symptoms and become more social.

But as I said, it is a dangerous path to take - needing drugs to get through life. Hence my recommendation to niwkkie, to find some help before what he/she is suffering from gets even worse.

OP, firstly, the best approach is psychotherapy combined with regular and strenuous physical exercise, a good diet, and mentally taxing hobbies and interests. There really is no substitute for this, and no matter what substance you choose, if you don't do these things as well, the improvements will be temporary.

That said, I am a proponent of nootropics and have used and still use many of them semi-regularly both for increased motivation and to lift me out of depressive periods, fortunately the latter scenario is much rarer these days (which is almost definitely down to the first things I mentioned).

Phenibut (although it is arguably not a nootropic) is probably one of the most conistently anxiolytic substances to give you a "social push" without really any harsh side effects - this is if you keep usage infrequent, if you use it daily, as with almost everything, problems will start to occur.

Tianeptine is a somewhat nootropic dopaminergic antidepressant which isn't as anxiolytic as phenibut, but can still be a pretty reliable mood booster (again, with sensible dosages and infrequent use).

Phenylpiracetam is good too in my opinion but it has been my experience that it can be anxiogenic sometimes, I think this is just the nature of stimulants... I used to combine it with Noopept to quite good effect however which pretty much removes any anxious edge.

The above substances you need to use rarely to maintain effectiveness but in my experience there are also some substances that you can take practically every day, with practically no downsides, although with extended (several weeks) usage they may lose effectiveness and you may start to experience some burnout. For me these substances are the classic nootropics, most notably, Piracetam, Aniracetam and Noopept.

I rarely use Noopept nowadays but I really do think it is a special substance. It's true effects begin to become apparent after a few days of use, and for me this was a feeling of serenity and peace... Unfortunately this can come with some haziness after a while which makes it difficult to focus, and for me also there was a honeymoon period of sorts which I was never quite able to replicate in later experimentation. It was nonetheless a very helpful substance for me at one point.

Besides that Piracetam can help to just increase energy levels and motivation, and Aniracetam is a highly anxiolytic substance but unfortunately very short lasting (2-3 hours) which makes it impractical really unless you are going to carry around a bag of capsules. Also for me all the racetams for me have severly sleep-inhibiting effects which become unpleasant after 5 days or so when sleep deprivation starts to outweigh the positives. These substances again had a honeymoon period of sorts for me which I have never quite been able to replicate, and they are unarguably quite mild, but again I did find them very helpful at one point in my life, so maybe you will find the same.

None of the above mentioned substances are miracle drugs however - this drug does not yet exist, and you need to put the work in to heal yourself! The way to do this, as I keep mentioning, is psychotherapy, regular exercise, mentally stimulating hobbies, and a healthy diet. :)

Good luck!

Alot of votes for phenibut I see.

I had been thoroughly investigating that route online and decided baclofen or f phenibut would be more suited for me as I like shorter half lives and the lessened dependence curve seemed much more favorable. baclofen seemed best since it is better researched. I have yet to try it but also saw alot of good reports on it regarding its anti depressant effects.

this isn't exactly an answer to your question, but it may help a little bit and removes the need for substances. Don't hang out with people who talk about shit that you can't think of anything to say to, hang around people who share your interests. Try writing your interests out on a piece of paper and why they interest you, so they come to mind more readily when you are in the midst of a conversation. get out and do fun interesting stuff that you are proud of, and talk about that when someone else is talking about something cool that they did. Even if it's something like Friend/Person: I went skydiving the other day it was a feeling like no other, you can respond with, I rode the bus yesterday and some guy was giving the conductor a hard time for no reason and I stood up and told him to shut the fuck up. If thats what you enjoyed doing, just because what they enjoy seems better than what you enjoy doesn't mean shit, and if they think your boring, stop hanging out with them. Avoid drugs, because its always just a temporary fix, trust me I know, you can't beat beeing yourself and trying to enhance yourself 99% of the time will end up going wrong n the long run. Oh and don't smoke weed whatever the fuck you do. I know this isn't what you were asking for, but I hope it helps.

effects?

I feel so fucken trapped when I am in social situations these days. I used to be sociable years ago but I just feel so far down in a pit when talking (or not talking as it goes now) to people I feel like I am dying inside and people lose interest in me before I can think of anything to say.

I despise it. It is like being locked in a cage of my mind watching opportunities evapourate in front of me.

I so long for the boundless energy and optimism of a dopamine buzz but know not to take strong ones now due to their bad crashes and side effects.

I fucking hate cofee and never found it really useful.

I also cant stand alcohol. Pissing like crazy and drying you out like a prune. -Very interested in other gabaergics because the alcohol disinhibition was very good and I hear other gabaergics are even better- but I didn't want to mess with them for the addiction risk.

Kratom is helpful to make me hate myself a little less and numb the pain and take my mind off my pathetic failure however I don't find it makes me more sociable really.

I have been looking into phenylpiracetam which sounds like it might be what I am after as a modest DRI without noticable side effects.

I have avoided the 'anti depressant train' as I do not like the idea of taking something every day. I need something that gives me a kick start that's all because once the engines are running I am fine but the engines are so cold from lack of use they never get started and just get more and more ceased.

I feel like my life is just draining away in front of me and it takes such a gargantuum effort to do social things due to my pessimism about the outcome.
Phenylpiracetam is wayy overrated. Try phenibut.

Amphetamine is by far the best drug for socializing. Its very cheap as well and one appropriate dose will keep you talking for 10 hours

I agree with both Ignio and Vastness on this. I know you are looking for a simple solution to this, if only it was as simple as taking something and eliminating social anxiety completely whilst avoiding dependence, addiction and a number of other problems. The truth is it requires a lot of work to overcome these problems. I would recommend heading over to the Mental Health forum and reading some of the threads by people in similar situations to yours. The best route to go down IMO would be CBT with/without a short course of an SSRI, whilst living a healthy lifestyle (good diet + exercise).

It sounds like a lot of work but you tend to get out what you put in. Best of luck OP!