PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What psychedelic was in this pill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trabbamab

Bluelighter
First off let me say that this was from over 10 years ago and back when it happened I kept a close eye to the fledgling pill report websites and never saw one of these tested. It was a pressed "MDMA" pill, "double stacked" (pretty sure that never meant anything). But even though this was years ago, this odd experience stuck with me for years and I have always been curious what exactly this was. I know there is probably no way to ever know for sure but I am curious if the effects experienced may give a possible clue.

So I took one pill and within about 25 minutes I started having first-alerts of a potential psychedelic experience. Lights grew brighter, space seemed to do that tiny, almost unnoticeable warp, etc. I knew right from the start that I was not coming-up on MDMA. I was hanging out at a friend's house and planted myself down on his couch as I started to grow dizzy.

The next stage of the effects were the fairly typical psychedelic stretching and flowing visuals along the walls. The most striking thing, though, was that I got absolutely no hallucinogenic head space. No psychedelic thoughts whatsoever. In fact, during the peak of the experience I found it difficult to talk because it seemed very hard to keep a thought in my head long enough. I kept ending every sentence with "...I forgot where I was going with that." Another odd visual effect was that at one point someone walked up to me holding something in their hand, and it was rapidly morphing between different objects: a can of Coke, a beer, a remote control and then finally...nothing. So there were the barest hints of true hallucinations. I would sometimes get a form of this on MDA, but nothing else about the experience would even hint of a MD-drug.

When I would stand up, I would get a somewhat familiar "hamster ball" effect like I have had on LSD before, where it feels like you are walking around inside of a giant glass ball and are not in your immediate surroundings, but it was far more pronounced. It made me feel dizzy almost to the point of falling over every time I tried to walk.

But probably something that could really hint at the active chemical in the pill was the duration. I had assumed I was easily in for 8 hours as soon as I started to feel something closer to a traditional psychedelic but the total timeline was:

0:00 took the pill
+0:25 first hallucinogenic alert
+1:10 peak experience felt
+2:20 feeling the peak cap off and beginning to descend
+3:30 somewhat back to baseline except for some small visual "glitches"
+5:00 experience completely over and dead sober.

As a note, those visual "glitches" were an odd effect I never had on any other psychedelic where I otherwise felt normal except when I looked at a video game magazine all of the images of video games were animating like they were videos of the game itself. Since I knew I was on the back-end of this mystery drug experience, I thoroughly enjoyed this aspect and stared at this video game magazine in awe until the effect stopped about 45 minutes to an hour later.

I have wondered for years if this was 2C-B. The lack of a psychedelic head space and short duration would fit, as I always heard that 2C-B was a fairly "light experience" and this was definitely not a difficult experience despite the fact that I got something totally different than I was expecting. This was right before the initial Internet RC drug explosion that brought things like 2CT-7, 5-MEO-DMT, 5-MEO-DiPT, etc. to the mainstream so I am not really thinking it was one of those but I suppose it could have been since I know RC drugs have always been around even before they were popular.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I know there is likely no way to ever know, but whatever this was it was an odd, odd hallucinogen. Thank you for sticking it would through this long read!

Last edited:
No IDs allowed, although I will break rules for a second and say considering the time period this happened in and duration, 2Cs seem the obvious culprit.

There is really no way to tell what you took, but considering the circumstances (light headspace, short duration, sold as a pressed "ecstasy" pill, happened over 10 years ago) 2C-B does seem like the most likely suspect.

Oh, I didn't realize that IDing a pill was against the rules. I guess if it sways anything in my direction, this pill is obviously long gone and this is nothing but a curiosity now.

But just to be sure that this cannot be confused with an ID of a current pill, I removed the stamp logo from my description.

Thank you for the feedback and I think you are right!

IDing of any kind is disallowed as we can never for sure give an accurate answer. Ten years ago, right now, or a hundred past.

Glad to help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.