Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What pipe is best for meth?

tablesalt

Greenlighter
Hi first time poster and was wondering what best pipe is for smoking meth? I understand people have different preferences and seems the most common to get here in Australia is Sweet Puff or knock offs of same. I have noticed Sweet Puff comes in 3 sizes (11.5mm, 14mm and 16mm). I am referring to the bent design. Any help and tips?

I've used different ones - and even had one of the straight ones you tend to see in american films and stuff.
Can't say i ever noticed any difference between them in function...except the curved ones (sweet puff style) can be place down on a table or something without tipping over.
Perhaps that is the advantage of thst style? Its the only point differentiating them that i can think of. Bigger pipes may have the benefit of not getting too hot down the stem with prolonged use as well, i guess....but i once got a really large glass pipe but it broke easily because the glass was really thin and brittle.

Cheap thin glass is the sworn enemy of the tweaker, nothing like it warping and shattering before dropping boiling glass onto your lap while your drugs disappear into the ether... :sus:

A decent Pyrex pipe with a wide bowl is second only to modified borosilicate tubes.

American here. Sorry. Here we can go into any tobacco glass shop type of place and they have pipes that have a little bulb on one end and a stem coming from it. You call them oil burners when you're buying it and you can apparently use them to burn incense. That's what I've always done! You can always make one out of a lightbulb, you just have to remove the inside. I'm sure there are guides on how to do it but I have never figured it out myself. A friend of mine did make one for me at one point and it actually did last a while and work pretty well! Hole you figure it out :)

Cheap thin glass is the sworn enemy of the tweaker, nothing like it warping and shattering before dropping boiling glass onto your lap while your drugs disappear into the ether... :sus:

A decent Pyrex pipe with a wide bowl is second only to modified borosilicate tubes.

I've never heard of that happening but i can imagine it would suck. A friend of mine makes his own pipes from a long piece of glass cylinder and it takes him a good 40 minutes to heat it up and blow out a bowl. His pipes look like the ones from american films that spacejunk talks about and he swears they are better than the sweet puff ones.

Anyone remember when off ya tree stores used to sell pipes openly? those were the days LOL

Not sure why the sweet puff ones I see tend to have a skull embedded in them.

Love heart or a star would be better. Skulls are kind of depressing.

I don't notice much of a difference but a friend swears by his modified borosilicate tube. Pretty much only had trouble with that pipe - so thick I get impatient and screw up the timing.

Any ideas as to why the stuff I got seems to stay in liquid type form for awhile even after it's been cooled off. Never had this happen before

Yeah brother is due too a certain cutter that has been added into the meth and reformed. Hopefully not a lot so your gear was still decent.

A.T

Just posting as its quiet and 4am lol. I've got 7 pipes of different lengths thickness bowl size plus my methbong (fave)
I really notice the difference between each, probably being a daily and nightly smoker the tiny things I notice a bit. My favorite
Are long steam thick bowl/big sweet puff or generic. No matter what the bowl size is the thin-think issues I find of most importance. More control of heat distribution and size wise larger bowl for less twirling as theres more cool glass for ur puddle to slide across. Longer stem I like as the heat is slightly cooler on your throat.
With acceptation to that, I have a tiny thick small bowl but great quality glass, and it works great if you put 1/3 the amount as u would in a normal one. Realm efficient.

Lastly one is like the American stile. But its mini mini. About 2 inches with thick glass and a straight bowl that's bigger (way out of proportion to the stem. I dont use it much but its real fun to get it going and use an index finger from each hand and spin clockwires 360° real fast. Gravity stops the puddle from exciting (g force/grav) gives a nice hit and leaves some crazy shardup (crackback) designs. Down side with a 2 inch (erect) its very hot to inhale and you cant get much in..2inches just doesn't hit the spot lol.

Small bowl thin glass= worst in my opinion.
A.T

Reactions: Ds
The trick to using any glass pipe (Or any technique of smoking drugs) is to having your breathing technique down cold and finding what works best for your individual use. I know breathing in meth smoke from a pipe comes natural for most users but me personally my breathing is semi-retarded and due to breathing all the smoke into my mouth and not deep into my lungs like a normal person i don't get much of a buzz from the pipe however if i smoke it chasing the dragon style off foil i breath most of the smoke deep into my lungs and get a wicked buzz. I think because i used laminated paper rolled up more widely than the size of the meth pipe. It really was a case of trail and error for me to get the most from my meth use.

It really did suck purchasing ice, smoking from the crack pipe and then falling a sleep that very nigh. Until of course it dawned on me to try the chasing the dragon way. Although one of the very first times i used meth was when i was with some cousin's friends and we ended up smoking it out of a round glass light bulb. That was the first time i buzzed from meth and went a night without sleep. I didn't use meth for years after that night and didn't really remember that night until recently but i may one day get round to organising a empty glass light bulb to burn some meth, I imagine it may be more effective and less wasteful but then again it's a hassle hiding pipes or light bulbs and the buzz may be too good and too intense from the glass for my own good.

"Just posting as its quiet and 4am lol."
+1 I hear ya Andyturbo, it's 5am for me right now and i am chatty as. a common side affect for recreational meth use LOL

The trick to using any glass pipe (Or any technique of smoking drugs) is to having your breathing technique down cold and finding what works best for your individual use. I know breathing in meth smoke from a pipe comes natural for most users but me personally my breathing is semi-retarded and due to breathing all the smoke into my mouth and not deep into my lungs like a normal person i don't get much of a buzz from the pipe however if i smoke it chasing the dragon style off foil i breath most of the smoke deep into my lungs and get a wicked buzz. I think because i used laminated paper rolled up more widely than the size of the meth pipe. It really was a case of trail and error for me to get the most from my meth use.

It really did suck purchasing ice, smoking from the crack pipe and then falling a sleep that very nigh. Until of course it dawned on me to try the chasing the dragon way. Although one of the very first times i used meth was when i was with some cousin's friends and we ended up smoking it out of a round glass light bulb. That was the first time i buzzed from meth and went a night without sleep. I didn't use meth for years after that night and didn't really remember that night until recently but i may one day get round to organising a empty glass light bulb to burn some meth, I imagine it may be more effective and less wasteful but then again it's a hassle hiding pipes or light bulbs and the buzz may be too good and too intense from the glass for my own good.

"Just posting as its quiet and 4am lol."
+1 I hear ya Andyturbo, it's 5am for me right now and i am chatty as. a common side affect for recreational meth use LOL

Haha. True, I LOVE chasing the dragon �� and icebongs the most.

im hooked on the glassy, its half the fun of using gear, just giving the thing a twirl and blowin out dragon slayer tokes. This is all while delicately vaporizing, and not burning the stuff. I could probably smoke 30 -40 massive tokes out of a p of the stuff.

Looks like we have a mr 10incher here lady's :)

I agree with the twirling being half the fun.. It took a good 8 years for that
Aspect to finally mentally loose its appeal. If I'm in a situation where its appropriate aka
At home when no ones here, it will be the ice bong all day all night (depending if i sleep during the day or night never both)
I'll also dragon ir hot rail for the morning wakeup coffee. How ever geting over the hypnotism of twirling was honestly about 7-8 years
So I feel ya completely. I've never injected meth and never will. That will be the cliff jump. I manage to live a normal life with such long term meth use. After being a fan of smoking H for a while I decided to get my friend to IV it twice so I didn't know how to learn (even though deep down I knew if I wanted to its piss easy) and after those two IV of H I understood how much more addictive it couldd be (fucking amazing) so before I got myself into the spiral I choose no more IV H and never to do it for meth/4mar as I know ill probably get a feeling simular to what I felt first time smoking it then going back to smoking may have no effect.

BTW an interesting experiment a few months ago with some mates. Its conman belief (mine included at the time) that smoking meth threw an ice bong loses heaps because meth is soulable in water. It had been an issue we never understood why the methbong was much stronger hits and much more efficient in gear usage with this factor. We decided to smoke two balls (7g) over a period of time not in one session! But we but the bong away and started with fresh pure water (Purea) and over a few weeks of a few sessions didn't empty the water and used the same gear.

At the end recently, 7 grams over a decent time frame had been smoked threw it. We wanted to see how much meth was actually in the water after a proper distillation evape/recrystallization. We were hoping for a couple of grams. Total result=0.27g from 7.
Further research followed as it answered our question about the bong being better but not the meth/water-soluble question.

Finally we found the answer after hours spent online researching. The Rate of solid state>water was significantly faster in solubility
Than Gas(vaper) state>water solubility.
Thought that may interest some.
Cheers
A.T

Interesting post, im a fan of the bong by all means. Im short on funds and find i can get the most of my supply either through twirling or IV. I still find the pipe takes its hold and i always am close to opting out of IVin with friends and just smoke cause i find it just as good. Who would have thought though.

Thats a cool experiment with the solubility factor, good to know.

Well made / Good quality meth bong is the ultimate in my opinion.
Anything home made or really thin is a waste of time & gear.

I also find some stuff will last a lot longer in a thick pipe then it will a thin pipe. While some longer in a thin pipe compared to a thick one.
The length of stem i don't think makes a difference at all.
But after experimenting with making pipes i've found that a pipe with an elbow will lessen the bad taste experienced with smoking certain batches. While the same stuff through a straight pipe can sometimes be a little harsher.

Using a lighter that runs on methylated spirits or ghost flame lighter makes my gear last a lot longer then using the standard bic lighter i find also.

^^ To do with the solubility factor. Thats a question i've wanted answered for a long time. I've always been of the belief that the meth would lose potency due to it's solubility in water. Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:
No worries man I had also never understood. It seemed contradicting until then.

Small bowl thin glass= worst in my opinion.

Word. I used to use a pyrex bong. Just stuffed materia;s in the excess holes and went to town. Worked brillantly. I'd much rather take a massive lung of vapour in one shot than a number of wasteful p[uffs. If I hadn't dropped a burning hot pipe in the toilet (which then shattred) I'd probabky use the same thing.