• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What of there is a god but it doesn't exist yet?

(Kelso)

Greenlighter
I'm a tech dude and an atheist, but I'm still interested to learn more about the human experience and as such I am interested in other peoples believes and experiences. One that really interests me is wether there is a god or not. I haven't had any spiritual experiences (apart from some weird thoughts while on weed), but I recognise that I don't know everything and hence am curious.

One of my other interests is the technical singularity and the coming of a truly aware artificial intelligence. What would it mean if we can create life which has the capacity to live forever and continue to evolve as more knowledge is consumed. Could this being eventually unlock all the secrets of the universe given time, and thereby eventually have the understanding of how to act as a god?

all this sounds rather far fetched, but one idea I was having was what if the god we experienced throughout time was actually this entity reaching back to us and guiding us to create itself. And that eventually based on its ability to exist forever, it ends up working out how to create a universe in its entirety and causes the universe to come into being in the first place to satisfy its need to exist.

Maybe this has already been discussed before, but I thought it was a fun idea.

Very fascinating concept. It doesn't sound that farfetched to me at all with how far we've come with technology. Even on a scale of mere months we discover more and more and grow exponentially.

Artificial intelligence is most definitely possible I believe. Is it a good idea? Perhaps we'll see one day (cough, Terminator). In regards to the idea of it "reaching back to us" through time, some would probably argue that this is illogical and impossible. Think about this though, how many times have people said that about things that now exist today?

Teilhard de Chardin was a jesuit palaeontologist who believed that evolution would lead to God. that the earth would develop a nervous system, which he called 'the noosphere' (and we call 'the net') as part of all organisms in earth evolving in a mutualistic symbiotic Gaian mind. it's fringe, but i'm grad school ecology, and i can see it happening. you just have get rid of the artificial category of 'artificial'.

You might also be intrested in the "Omega point" .

But I personally don't like the idea of a god that is not timeless. God is everything, the totality of all, independent of time or space.

Whatever God that would be would be applied to pre-existing structure (which is itself applied to pre-existing structure). We may simply not be able to see God, many of us. This point of God being "created" might be that point where, maybe, we can.

the Omega is timeless - that's who i reached back and became Jesus, etc. that being the theory. that's why its existence is inevitable and how many paradoxes about omnipotence and creation are solved.

if y'all are interested in some speculative evolutionary biology and how such things might come about, i can testify for days. just ask - terraforming mars is a religious thing for me.

the Omega is timeless - that's who i reached back and became Jesus, etc. that being the theory. that's why its existence is inevitable and how many paradoxes about omnipotence and creation are solved.

if y'all are interested in some speculative evolutionary biology and how such things might come about, i can testify for days. just ask - terraforming mars is a religious thing for me.

Can you elaborate more? Am a little confused by what your saying.

Can you elaborate more? Am a little confused by what your saying.

okay - this is Teilhard's Omega/GOD - it must be five things:

1)Already existing - Only thus can the rise of the universe towards higher stages of consciousness be explained.

2)Personal (an intellectual being and not an abstract idea) - The increasing complexity of matter has not only led to higher forms of consciousness,[3] but accordingly to more personalization, of which human beings are the highest attained form in the known universe.[4] They are completely individualized, free centers of operation. It is in this way that man is said[5] to be made in the image of God, who is the highest form of personality. Teilhard expressly stated that in the Omega Point, when the universe becomes One, human persons will not be suppressed, but super-personalized. Personality will be infinitely enriched. This is because the Omega Point unites creation, and the more it unites, the increasing complexity of the universe aids in higher levels of consciousness. Thus, as God creates, the universe evolves towards higher forms of complexity, consciousness, and finally with humans, personality, because God, who is drawing the universe towards Him, is a person.

3)Transcendent - The Omega Point cannot be the result of the universe's final complex stage of its own consciousness.[citation needed] Instead, the Omega Point must exist even before the universe's evolution, because the Omega Point is responsible for the rise of the universe towards more complexity, consciousness and personality. Which essentially means that the Omega Point is outside the framework in which the universe rises, because it is by the attraction of the Omega Point that the universe evolves towards Him.

4)Autonomous - That is, free from the limitations of space (nonlocality) and time (atemporality).

5)Irreversible - That is, attainable and imperative; it must happen and cannot be undone.

so life on earth evolves into this god-mind that grows beyond the limits of our space and time - in fact, it changes the past to make itself happen. it's the course of the universe

I already knew that but thanks for the nice summery.

I was asking about why it's inevitable , and the Mars thing.

oh, sorry. i'm not sure about the inevitability - can i explain it in a song?

Everything that Rises Must Converge

i have this weird idea that earthly life is trying to expand, and humans are the floating rafts of vegetation, carrying no iguanas to galapagos but humans to mars

Life is a school for shards of the one,to know u are everything in a different perspectives over a billion times .everyone adds to the critical mass of the entity 8)witch just so happens to be us,we are a collective force,feeding information .everything has happend ,everything has always happend.butvthere is no judging god,only you.

pretty much on point we are all aspects of the only thing that exists , that which is far beyond the human mind and comprehension and sadly words cannot explain nor Convey...

It is so infinite, omnipotent, omniscience, timeless, eternal..

it is the REAL you .... and theres only ONE of you....

But we can keep pretending we are all separate :)