• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What music would you all recommend for different PD's

psychedelic experiances vary so much from time to time that its more where the trip will take you than what the substance is best with.
i do tend to listen to alot of psy, darkpsy, psycore when on psyches but it can totaly vary from noise to classical music and what ever.

for ketamine though i might listen to whatever with small doses but with bigger ones its always the most nonexisting ambient possible.

Little bit of everything. Like psybient way more than psytrance. Old IDM, industrial, noise, smart less violent rap, doom, power metal, drone metal, Tame Impala always works esp if other have to listen too.
MXE: Dark noisey ambient, drone doom, Autechre.
Oh and when all else doesn't seem right, and I want to feel right.
Hammock Departure Songs.
Listen to that album more than is healthy but my god is it great.

Pretty Lights, Infected Mushroom, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Zeds Dead, Bassnectar, Flosstradamus, Luminox, Gorillaz, Black Keys, Pendulum, the Prodigy, Flaming Lips, Butthole Surfers, Dead Milkmen, Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Tool, 1200 Micrograms, Vibe Tribe, Sublime, Sneaker Pimps, Designer Drugs

awesome record, i heard this after seeing the moog documentary. i am a huge synth-nerd

Whatever music you'd love normally is always the best music for trips if you ask me! Just stay away from psytrance, that stuff is nasty! ;)

One of my all time favorites for chill time tripping is Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works vol.2

Earthless on really good weed is absolutely awesome. Never listened to them on psychedelics but I would imagine it would be even better. What fucks you around in a fun way is their songs seem to go on forever so your concept of time is really distorted. I once saw the band live and after the first song which must have went on for a good 20 minutes or so I thought it was the end of the show! Any good psychedelic rock band is conducive to a high though

Love it guys thanks so much keep it coming! Links are always so helpful because it highlights a specific recording and is easier just to click on when we are far faded :)

"China Cat Sunflower"

Look for awhile at the China Cat Sunflower
proud-walking jingle in the midnight sun
Copper-dome Bodhi drip a silver kimono
like a crazy-quilt stargown
through a dream night wind

Ps: is it summertime yet?

Last edited:
Oh and I absolutely have to post this, actually im surprised this isn't mentioned yet: Younger Brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGJY-MYMq8 Listening to this while peaking on MDMA and shrooms is something beyond this world. Enjoy!

Another must psychedelic artist is Ott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vszOgNRvWI&list=RDPaJiZX7BYN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vFXMk8DoRs here's Ott's remix of legendary Hallucinogen - LSD. I find it better than the original. Actually Simon Postford aka Hallucinogen works in both electronic duos Younger Brother and Shpongle. This guy is really something.

I don't know if this is against the rules? but www.ektoplazm.com is awesome page for any psychedelic lover.

Last edited:

I really enjoyed this CD at home, having been on low dose pharmayahuasca on a hot sunny afternoon in the park, it was early evening and I vaped a breakthrough dose of DMT, enabling my first truly amazing experience of CEVs. My more recent studies on DMT have involved bird noises in gardens and relative silence in my bed but I really love this album and recommend it to users of psychedelics :)

What is this common phenomenom that you really get into psychedelic music only after you've done psychedelics? at least I've witnessed this many times and it happened to me too.

what wouldn't a cop say.....I dunnoooo.

when I'm totally faceddddd..sgt peppers. right intooo dark side brotha, no boundaries, anywherr also between the songs.

and sgt peppers was the first album to instigate the flow between a full album.

the pnk floyd went on to frustrate a larger cultural movement plotted by others with good intentions.

I don't really know what you mean by pink Floyd is frustrating, but in their time, they were often billed as London's furthest out band.

Psychedelics: Dead can dance
Dissociatices: Air - Talkie Walkie

Try it, you won't regret it!!!!!!!

Last edited: