• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What months can you grow/plant cannabis

Branggen

Bluelighter
I understand that cannabis usually flowers in the summer but I was wondering if I would still be able to plant some seeds and have something grow or at least get some new seeds for the proper season even if it cannot produce a lot of mass right now. August is just ending and I have a few seeds germinating and 2 week old plants that just sprouted. So, living in BC, Canada what should I expect to happen as these grow. I was thinking maybe I should move them indoors next to a window when it gets cold and maybe the plants would just stay alive until next summer and that would be fine too. I know someone more experienced than me at this will read this and I would love to here any advice you could give. Thanks

You could do them inside under artificial light.

Using natural light won't work at this point in the year because the plant will just get confused (days becoming shorter, the plant will start to flower too early or just go hermie).

If I were to leave the plant in natural light, perhaps in a window if it the temperature drops, would their be any way for me to at least retrieve some seeds from these plants. I will probably have 3 plants, not sure of genders yet. And what would happen if it flowered to early, or went hermie, could the plant still last until next year?

Cannabis is an annual plant. Unless you have a way to trick the plant into think it's not winter (i.e. indoor grow tent) then I don't believe it'll work. No reason not to do it anyway though, it might work just to get some seeds.

The only thing i'm still wondering about is if these plants could survive until the next summer. Or by being an "annual plant" does that mean it dies every year?

A lot of people go 12/12 from seed (if this seems gibberish let me know and I'll elaborate).

I don't see any reasons for it not to work. Of course yield will be quite low.

However since you seemed to be concerned about conserving the genetic, maybe until next year, your best bet would be to learn all you can on keeping a cannabis mother plant. You will basically want to do the same. Keep the plant in vegetative state, let here not grow too big. Bonzai moms might be the way to go. Good news is you can do this with cheap T5 light.

You don't know there sex tho. So you will want to either find the sex now and get rid of the male(s) or don't care and keep all of them because you'll need a male next year if you want to have seeds. If you want to sex them now, I would plant them outside and when they show sex I'll take cuts of the females and grow them inside like a mother plant.