• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what medicine I have in my possession to relive symptoms of heroin wd

davemanchester

Greenlighter
Hi, first time leaving a thread so apologies if I've not done it correct. I have been smoking approximately 0.5 grams of heroin a day for roughly 3 month's. I have 15x300mg lyrica, 28x10mg amitriptyline, 28x30mg mirtazapine also in my possession prochlorperazine (anti sickness) and propranolol (beta blockers)co cordamiel 30mg codiene/500mg paracetamol. Which combination would be best suitable to relieve the symptoms of withdrawal also would it be best to wait until the withdrawal symptoms have well kicked in or to start taking when I wake up and what intervals should I redose. Thank you in advance.

I would be very careful using the codeine tablets, since high doses of acetaminophen can be toxic to your liver. I would try the lyrica (pregabalin), start at one 300 mg and see if it helps. They will probably make you sleepy. The mirtazapine and amitriptyline will definitely make you go to sleep so stay home and don't try to drive while taking these medications. Clonidine is very useful for opiate withdrawals, but I have never used propranolol for this purpose.

I would be very careful using the codeine tablets, since high doses of acetaminophen can be toxic to your liver. I would try the lyrica (pregabalin), start at one 300 mg and see if it helps. They will probably make you sleepy. The mirtazapine and amitriptyline will definitely make you go to sleep so stay home and don't try to drive while taking these medications. Clonidine is very useful for opiate withdrawals, but I have never used propranolol for this purpose.

^This^
The codeine may provide little relief, but it would need to be used in higher doses. In this case it would be ideal to do a CWE so as to avoid ingestion of high doses of APAP. Also, while the prochlorperazine is useful for vomiting, is both very sedating, but more importantly it's also high up on the list of drugs that can cause EPS (dystonia, ect). This possible side effect is something that no one would want to experience while on drugs much less while in withdrawal. I too say that your best bet is the lyrica.

Omg never felt so ill the lyrica and codiene helped put me to sleep nearly 48 hours since my last smoke don't know how much longer this shit will last

15mg of mirtazapine for sleep
and hang in there brother another 24 to 48 hrs and you will see a diff
WD wont kill ya
commend you on toughing it out