• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What makes a thing divine or holy? What qualifies someone to be a spritual teacher?

Someone can be qualified for two reasons..

You enjoy and relate to what they are preaching..

Or,

You are curious about what their teaching is!

^Is anyone really qualified though as a fellow human being to influence another on what to believe in, about their existence, how to live, afterlife etc?
I am all for people believing what they want so I do agree somewhat.
For instance, my last post explains my experience and how I came to believe in this, albeit not articulated very well lol, however no other human encouraged my belief here I didn't know these were classified signs untill I googled after I experienced what I did. And I wouldn't try to encourage others to believe too as I feel like it has to be organic and come from within/out but then that's just my take and who am I to decide for others.
I suppose I am a bit biased as I have seen people suffer from following their "teachers" even although they are just following suit since a child and these "teachers" have literally helped to scaremonger them in to believing they are sinners for example and going to hell. Good people who wouldn't say boo to a ghost, and normal people who have fucked up - so what - who hasn't even those "qualified teachers"

I suppose it boils down to the fact I can't stand brainwashing people from an early age especially from generation to generation or people taking advantage of vulnerable to recruit them lol. So maybe I'm missing the point lol. If it's a person's choice to follow a book/ethos/spiritual teacher etc then that is up to them. Fucking hell I didn't mean to ramble on.

Last edited: