• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids what kind of withdrawel will i experience from 15mg oxy a day for a week

en10se

Bluelighter
~15MG Oxy once in the morning for a week, what kind of withdrawal.

Very minimal, maybe some sweats and irritability AT MOST.

Glad to hear you decided to stop early, most of us ask this question a year later 8)

PM me if you need any advice.

Agreed with DonStatus 100%. You might have a bit of a runny nose too, but it won't be at all serious. You may not even notice any symptoms the first and second days after you stop- you might notice some minor irritations on the third day of not taking them.

I take ativan 1mg a day, matience dose, and i have some extras, should i use a little more ativan for the first few days off oxy? to avoid irritability.

Yes Ativan can help with mild withdrawals, it will also help you sleep which is very important during WD.

Keep in mind that benzos like Ativan can be extremely addictive if you start taking them all the time.

I use benzos occationally and I follow some simple rules to avoid addiction and tolerance.

My rules for alprazolam (xanax) have always been:
1. If you're over 2 bars (4mg) to buzz, don't do it anymore.
2. Don't do benzos for over 3 days in a row.

Just remember, you don't want to trade one addiction for another.

ya i feel you. the difference for me is im taking this medicine for mental health problems that are chronic, (panic disorder), where as the oxycodone was fully recreational. (nopain) been stable on 1mg a day for a while on ativan, dont plan on getting off it soon. (been on and off it for years) I may be fine just keeping my dose the same, instead of upping it for a few days.

If you normally don't do oxy, then just using for a week most likely won't give you any withdrawal. It takes some time for your brain to make the chemical changes that lead to wd. That's why you don't see every person who gets a script of painkillers going thru wd

I'd say mild insomnia, some sweats and a little iretabilty. Your Ativan should help a lot. The worst part about withdrawals is sleep.
When I was taking Tramadol 150-200mg for a weak stright I suffered bad insomnia, but gabapentin took all my symtoms away. I'm glad you've decided to stop