• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids What kind of hearing loss does opiates cause?

casual-eater

Bluelighter
Are there some special frequences? Any uncaused Rumor? Lowered certain frequency?
I'm quote exprienced in medium large doses and sometime I feel my hearing some how changes while high on opioids but nothing more.

Maybe on a really heavy dosage but I'm not going that way just for curiosiy.

Please share your expriences?

Last edited:
Sorry man, this isn't really concerned with Harm Reduction? It seems that you have an anomalous reaction to Opioids, but it doesn't seem that you're safety is imminently effected by this issue. Gotta make room for the Harm Reduction stuff!

If I'm not in the right section move this post, and oh man if this is harm reduction.

I recently I got prescribed tramadol for back pain and nerve pain and I should pepare myself in the case of this possibile negative effect. I'm on pretty high dosage and hearing to me is really important.

I've literally never heard of any connection between opioids and hearing loss. I'm pretty sure that's not a thing.

this is not possible, unless youve taken them and are so high that you feel your hearing is lessened? i've gotten odd hearing issues from combining multiple drugs, but in the end it turned out to be my brain :/
also if the boat is sinking, you don't throw more water into it, aka if you think the meds are harming you, don't take more ^^

Maybe is just my brain, but I don't know.
Definitely when I combine benzos and weed low and distorted basses (thinking about trap metal) sounds good, or at least not terrible as sober, still like this music even while sober, same thing with metal, medium low doses of benzos make the music a little bit more enjoyable for me as it does alcohol (same receptors)

But with opioids I have this feeling that sometime some frequences are lowered, but maybe it is just me.

When I've taken a particularly high dose I do get like a weird whirring sort of feeling in my ears that won't stop. I don't think it effects my hearing, though.

Yeah I mean, in my experience when I listen to some songs with certain basses (usually trap) I kinda feel some emptiness but in an unusual sense. It's in the brain not in the ears but I don't know.

There could be a reaction for some people involved with blood pressure changes in either direction, but I am inclined to think that any connexion at all has to do with ototoxicity from long-term supratherapeutic paracetamol doing and it certainly does it with aspirin. We started hearing about this about 20 years ago with Percocet, Percodan, and Vicodin, but never with MS-Contin, Palladone, Levo-Dromoran , Physeptone and so on

(again)... I hear crickets 24/7 (i say they are crickets as if i think about it being a frequency it may follow that there is a chip in my brain so....)
all my senses are super keen except focusing on items arms reach or closer
opiates make the crickets "louder" or more pronounced
the crickets did not birth from opiates
they cool crickets, right?
haha
peace, family

I used to hear 'crickets' when using disassociatives such as MXE or ephenidine. Both made my hearing seem less acute

There could be a reaction for some people involved with blood pressure changes in either direction, but I am inclined to think that any connexion at all has to do with ototoxicity from long-term supratherapeutic paracetamol doing and it certainly does it with aspirin. We started hearing about this about 20 years ago with Percocet, Percodan, and Vicodin, but never with MS-Contin, Palladone, Levo-Dromoran , Physeptone and so on

Codeine makes my blood pressure drop so low I literally cannot sit up. Stuck lying on the ground kinda low. And that was just 300mg or so. Other opiates do not do this to me even in high doses.

I used to hear 'crickets' when using disassociatives such as MXE or ephenidine. Both made my hearing seem less acute

Dissos make you living in an old sovietic radio with distorted metallic sounds and the vision resembles those interferences in those old televisione with no signal.

Smoke weed with dissos and you are gonna be stuck in the Alice in Wonderland syndrome, not risky but definetely not fun.

Yes, I thought there was a connection between long term heavy opioid usage and possible hearing loss? Or was it found that this was only a result of long term consumption of the acetaminophen or ibuprofen combined in pills?

Dissos make you living in an old sovietic radio with distorted metallic sounds and the vision resembles those interferences in those old televisione with no signal.

Smoke weed with dissos and you are gonna be stuck in the Alice in Wonderland syndrome, not risky but definetely not fun.
I love dissos with my weed but I enjoy the afterglow more than the trip itself. Especially with DXM I take it at night right before falling asleep so that I wake up with a strong afterglow, then I wake 'n' bake... total bliss

I noticed slight changes in hearing while doing heavy doses of Tapentadol and also with Oxycodone. These two seem to have this effect on me it's kind of like if i am listening to something like music or movie it feels it's louder with a buzz type of feeling in ears. This is more common with strong opies such as heroine and all it's like your ears telling you that they don't want any sound they want peace like your body lol

I had hearing loss when I was on heroin.
People told me I should stop but I couldn’t hear them

The
I noticed slight changes in hearing while doing heavy doses of Tapentadol and also with Oxycodone. These two seem to have this effect on me it's kind of like if i am listening to something like music or movie it feels it's louder with a buzz type of feeling in ears. This is more common with strong opies such as heroine and all it's like your ears telling you that they don't want any sound they want peace like your body lol

With tapentadol it could be that a strong narcotic dulls all of the senses . . . in my experience, some strong opioids can actually transpose the pitch of music and make it sound different . . . with oxycodone, there is always the possibility of a temporary build up of liquid in the inner and middle ear like I used to get with hydrocodone on rare occasions . . .

What I have noticed and heard about with continuing partial hearing loss is that it is the admixture of ototoxic things -- definitely aspirin and very possibly paracetamol -- with the opioids, not the opioids . . . it seems dose dependent and does go away . . .