View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What I've concluded after my first LSD trip

alexfromcali

Greenlighter
I learned that you cant simply ask a question and get answers about lsd. LSD is completely unpredictable. it causes your neurotransmitters to go haywire which breaks you from reality. reality is what you see at your baseline state of consciousness, when your brain is working as it was programmed too. but when you take lsd it interrupts your brain, forcing it to perceptualize everything differently. what you see really isnt reality...theres no such thing of reality. everything you see is just how your brain is comprehending matter. all humans brains are hard wired to what reality is, but in reality...theres infinite dimensions that our brain cant comprehend, thousands of colors we cant see, thousands of spectrums we cant comprehend. we can only see what our brain has learned since the beginning of mankind. lsd interrupts the chemical balance in all our brains that has trapped us into this state of reality. whos to say whos crazy and who isnt? whos to say whos schizophrenic and who isnt? schizophrenia is just a disorder where chemical imbalances cause your brain to percept things differently. they are forced to think in ways we cant. what if we are the ones who are really schizophrenic? what if lsd isnt a hallucinatory drug, and just a chemical that breaks our brains boundaries that have formed ever since the beginning of mankind. maybe all the patterns you see while high arent fake, maybe they are spectrums and colors and dimensions that our brains cant comprehend while sober. maybe the anxiety and fear you feel while bad tripping is your brains defensive mechanism when its forced to see things it couldnt previously.

maybe this is all fake...and i was just high as fuck. but heres some food for thought. as i think back on my experience i will continue to add on to my thoughts. thanks guys

Lol, those are some high thoughts for sure.

I've had thoughts like that back in the day too. But as I got older, I looked at the other side and I am still wholly impressed about the world we live in today. For logical purposes, I'm going to credit our technology, society, way of living (and just look at all of the wonderful crap around us) on sober people. We nitpick and complain about the "system," but there is no effin' way one person can come up with this system perfectly. And obviously, this system I'm referring to is the structure of the reality we live in. It's quite amazing when you think about it.

Thank God for substances though. Didn't Steve Jobs drop acid in his heyday too? Who says you can't mix illicit substances with productivity. =D

At least sometimes?

yeah, keep on with those thoughts!!! the more you trip, the more you learn and the more you integrate those insight into your sober life and day to day living, the more you grow!

Go on. Ask questions. You might not have answers now, but perhaps in the future or prior to your psychedelic experience there are answers waiting to be discovered.

And by the way alexfromcali, I agree with you. Our senses are a defensive filter mechanism designed to protect us from the cold harsh awe inspiring beauty of the true nature of the universe. Psychedelics break down that filter to expand the spectrum of reality as we observe it.

I agree 100% with you bro!!!

Really, if theres anything psychedelics have taught me... Its this.

The world is just fucking crazy, and we're all similar crazy. SANITY IS VERY FRAGILE

What is insanity anyway?

Sort of. There is a phenomenon called sensory gating. Basically the human brain is, as you say, 'hard-wired' to filter out sensory stimuli that would be unnecessary/redundant/distracting. Psychedelics take these filters down, which floods the brain with sensory input. The brain becomes overloaded and 'trips out' like a circuit breaker. Synesthesia (blending of the senses) is a prime example of this. They also have a tendency to lead your thought processes astray, so you can't take everything too seriously.

Nobody knows exactly why we see the patterns and other stuff we see when we trip. Personally I've always wondered if psychedelic drugs allow us to see all the ocular fluid and tissue in front of our retinae.

The rest of your post is very far out. It sounds to me like you just had a mindblowing experience. How much did you take?
Reality is what it is... it's just that every organism perceives it differently. A hawk's vision is much more powerful than a human's. A dog's hearing and sense of smell is much more powerful than a human's but their eyesight is comparatively poor. We all live in the same reality though.

Schizophrenia is a whole different can of worms - that's a very serious, very real and very complex mental illness and I suggest you do some research on it.
There are a few superficial similarities but the state of mind LSD puts you in (if you're of sound mind) is markedly different to the way people with schizophrenia think. LSD is a really crazy drug, but I wouldn't call it psychotomimetic.

Schizos don't just "perceive things differently"... they suffer from severe cognitive impairment, delusional thinking and hallucinations that are often terrifying in nature. They often suffer from severe depression, anhedonia and suicidal ideation (people with schizophrenia are more than 8x more likely to commit suicide than the general population).
One time I was alone in a room with a schizophrenic when he took a psychotic break. He lost all control of his mental faculties and became impossible to reason with... I've never seen anything like that before in my life.

One thing I know about quantum physics is: "Until something is witnessed, it exists as every potential scenario, with varying degrees of probability," I believe its called "Shrodinger's Cat," where they put a cat in a box, in which there is a 50% probability that a deadly gas will be released. Until someone looks in the box, the cat is both alive and dead at the same time!

Reality is a subconsciously agreed upon illusion, that we create via our ow n subconscious programming, and I think you are right, that LSD rips away these illusions, allowing us to perciece parts of reality that our brains normally block out.