Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What It's Like to Take LSD in High Security Prison

Foreigner

Bluelighter
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/lsd-in-prison-111

Prisoners like drugs, though. When you're locked up, it's easy to want to escape reality through any means possible, and drugs are an effective method to make that happen. Many will settle for weed, hooch, or synthetic shit, but name a substance and chances are there's a way to smuggle it into your cell unit, regardless of where you're incarcerated.

I was a nonviolent offender who got sentenced for an LSD conspiracy, and met a variety of psychedelic enthusiasts during my 20-plus years behind bars. I found a way to get my hands on some acid when I was in jail, and it was a severely fucked experience. For other people, though, taking a hit didn't just expand the mind, it expanded the prison walls. It's a far cry from a rave or a Grateful Dead show, but it can be a life-changing experience.

Dayum...

Some of the stories that come next are pretty interesting. I don't think I could handle doing a psych under those conditions!

Me neither, but imagine doing it at night when you don't have 'obligations' and never mind cell mates, or even better (worse) in isolation... then going into it accepting it as a forced retraite, realizing how powerless you are in that situation and then letting go completely...

Confinement, face your demons and either transcend or suffer immeasurably..

But in many scenarios it would seem like a nightmare. A terrible mistake to think that you escape reality in exchange for numb lulled cozy dullness, esp for the uninitiated.

Hi foreigner ;) hope you are well, i was afk a few days ago just then..

I smoked weed a few times while I was in jail...never could relax enough to enjoy it though, because, well, I was in jail.

Sweet article, thanks.

When I was remanded, LSD(or something similar marketed as LSD) was actually very commo. As was methamphetamine, and Cannabis. LSD in those situations is good at night time, when you don't really need to worry about anything. Can definitely be a little bit scary at the same time though

(To those not famliar, being remanded is where you get put in a "temporary" jail awaiting trial. Similar to a maximum securiity prison)

Being incarcerated is already a trip for me. Talk about a perception change, literally being stripped of all possessions, anyone and everything you ever knew or loved, loss of identity, loss of purpose, intense feeling of loneliness and helplessness....I am just not cracked up for the lock up lifestyle :) Maybe after becoming accustomed to the routine and accepting your fate, you could then take something to expand your mind such as LSD in an attempt to reconnect with the universe once again.

That first story is horrifying. Being put on 48 hour constant watch in a cold empty cell with absolutely nothing but a sheet on acid? And I thought I had dealt with some difficult trips. That set and setting is all kinds of messed up.

It may have felt like actually being free for a time to some inmates, the ultimate release

I usually get psychotic in captivity and am used to detoxing in bad places so I'd say big deal on the other hand the carceral system here is very different from over the big pond.