• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is your Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?

ISTP last time I tested.

Which was not the same as first time I tested.

Probably still accurate. I like new things, get bored easily, love knowing how things work and adore a crisis

Anyone interested in the enneagram?

I'm a type 6w5. A guardian.

honestly though I scored high with type 9 as well, so I could be a 9w1.

947d0e6779d88b27123ab16a6b5c7ece.jpg

intp for my…

5w4

ISFP​

Introvert 62 % Sensing 25 % Feeling 62 % Perceiving 38 %

• You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion 62 %
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition 25 %
  • You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking 62 %
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging 38 %
(Edited due to weird smileys in the copy-paste)

ENTJ.

I was pretty impressed, and still am, at the accuracy to be honest.

What killed it for me was the list of famous ENTJs.

There's another thread on this and which mentioned a documentary about it but which sadly I've not gotten around to downloading and watching.

I think there's something to these tests if/when used for employment screening. I know that's not a popular take on the topic (and as I recall that's what the documentary was about). But assuming their accuracy and that the person taking the test is 100% honest in their answers (people have tendency to answer things like this the way they would LIKE to be perceived or possibly even the way they truly believe within themselves that they actually are or how they would react in certain given situations and which, in reality, probably couldn't be further from the truth). I've seen this play out in real life with somebody else more than once i.e. some companies pay fortunes for these type of tests to be don i.e. something new in South Africa i.e. never used to be a consideration. And there are just some people in this world that will NEVER get on with the majority of people or always think that they're right and nobody else's opinion or feelings count. This is a big problem when there is a team involved. So if this shit minimizes the possibility of conflict in the work environment well then so be it. Could save a lot of tears and costs in legal proceedings and having to retrain staff down the line (both being a waste of time and money and resources). And there's only so much that can be learned about a person during the interview process (if anything at all given that most will be putting their best foot forward and be on guard so as to answer any questions based on what THEY think YOU want to hear). And not to mention from a CV (not worth the paper they're printed on). I mean: I"m not going to employ some fucker who I know is going to question my authority or position or decisions or the way I run my business just because that's who they are and cannot help themselves in trying to be too clever and who absolutely crave recognition and attention because that's just who they are in some cases that's a fucking full time job on its own or could become one.

I think there's something to these tests if/when used for employment screening. I know that's not a popular take on the topic
I can see that getting bad fast.

But assuming their accuracy and that the person taking the test is 100% honest
That is far less likely than you may think. Consciously or not, people are going to answer these tests based on how they'd act if they were idealized versions of themselves. Not based on how they actually act.

people are going to answer these tests based on how they'd act if they were idealized versions of themselves.
Well that's kinda my point. You just expressed it in a far more elegant and eloquent way. I must remember this i.e. you actually hit the proverbial nail on the head by using the word 'idealized". Great answer and obvservation(s).

Here's another one that I just found out about like as in right now:

Have not bothered with it (YET) but would be keen to see how it compares to MB.

Here's another one that I just found out about like as in right now:

Have not bothered with it (YET) but would be keen to see how it compares to MB.
That one is a bit weird. Did it years ago, think I got 7w8.

Just had a wicked thought:

Anybody running for public office should be required to do these things under a controlled environment and the results to be of public record.

That'd be a fun game: present the different personality types and have members guess the politician.

Just had a wicked thought:

Anybody running for public office should be required to do these things under a controlled environment and the results to be of public record.

That'd be a fun game: present the different personality types and have members guess the politician.
Quoting myself to save time. Apparently not a unique idea or brainwave:

My question is: how long have these things been around and were they ordered to sit in front on a computer or in some room to do these tests? I mean some of these test were done on some really really ancient dudes.

I think the answer is right here i.e. seems to be some subjective bullshit put together by some enterprising individual (a bit dissappointing to say the least);

Mind you some of 'em still alive and kicking so maybe we can get a hold of them and ask them to do a test for us.

Last two times I took this quiz, I think I scored INF? - A. I remember that I'm a mediator but can't remember the exact score I got.

I test as INTJ or INFJ depending on the day.
I guess most people I interact with would see me as INTJ.