• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What is your first sign of withdrawal?

BrentlyD

Bluelighter
Hello everyone!

This will be a short post, im on my phone so typing long messages SUX! But anyway hoping you all can tell me what your very first noticeable PST/Opiate withdrawal symptoms are.

For me, i get weak and tired, then my appetite goes away...

Also maybe if you have any detox experiences (PST specifically) you would like to share. I am going to take a week off work (9 days including weekends) and try to kick this thing. Any encouragement/advice is greatly appreciated.

DOC (even though it's not a CHOICE anymore but a necessity..): Poppy Seed Tea.

Thanks guys.

loss of pleasure in things. Nothing seems fun. Don't want to do anything. Everything feels slight painful and uncomfortable.

I think the first sign is the urge for more. I don't respond to that urge, so I avoid getting deeper so I don't have more serious wd.

I am a chronic pain patient who has to keep to my schedule pretty tightly or I run out at the end of the month and I have no way to source or want to source pills elsewhere, so when it comes to the end of the month and I've borrowed a couple too many for worse days, my earliest signs of withdrawal are eye watering, runny nose and yawning. Those come before the increase of pain my body loves to throw in. I've detoxed several times, some of them even on purpose, and an increase of pain to convince me that I don't just want, I need more pills follows next. Then comes the fluish symptoms, but hours after the whole leaking from half my face holes thing.

My first noticeable WD from opiates is a body ache that kicks off sneezing and watery eyes and the sniffles, and then the next thing (if I let it get that far) is the cold sweats start to come in waves.

Thank you for the replies! Funny how it manifests differently for everyone.
Ive never been in full blown withdrawal before so i wondered if there was a timeline or any indication i can use to know if shit's about to get real.. I know with PST it can take a long time before i feel the full brunt of it. Anyone detox poppy seed tea before?

for me, the sniffles, loss of energy, yawning ALOT come as first signs like clockwork after 6-8 hours with no dope, then the aches and puking/shitting/killing myself lol

For me it is the god awful chest tightening and anxiety that comes first...but, eventually, it all comes...

- VE

The first sign is feeling like you want to die and you hate every fucking body. Really, the jonesing is what's getting to me. The craving for more but knowing there is NOTHING I can do to get more right away.

I agree there is tightness of chest and anxiety.

For me, that weird slimey nervous system, when it sort of feels like there's some kind of invisible water flowing all around your skin. Then the sniffles. Then the dreaded 'whoa, I'm so hot I'm sweating, no - actually I'm freezing cold - now I'm hot and sweating and freezing cold at the same time - now I'm OK - whoa! I'm SO HOOOOOOT!' thing. Then the mad dashes to the toilet, that's when shit gets real (figuratively and literally).

I've just read your original post - I was also a poppy tea head. The above describes what I go through of a Pst withdrawal, coincidentally. Expect to feel like total shit for a week, then kind of crappy on and off for months after that. I'm something like 3 months clean now and I still get real tough days.

That's the negatives, now the positives. In all that time I only had 2 days off work right at the start. That was going cold turkey, save for a few days loperamide, a few tabs of acid on the night of day 2 and mega dosing sodium ascorbate for weeks. I had no chance to taper much beforehand, but the lope, lsd and ascorbate made it a breeze (only compared to previous pod withdrawals I've been through, it's going to hurt no matter what to some degree).

Keep positive and keep breezy. Keep doing stuff, even if it's going to the kitchen to wash a few plates. Get out and exercise when you feel like shit. It's real tough to do that, but nothing will make you feel better in both the short and long term.

Good luck! :)

I always felt body aches and muscle weakness first. Then stomach cramps and puking, cold sweats...I get really depressed by day 2.

If you order some kratom, it could really help ease opiate withdrawals until you're in the clear since Kratom acts as an opiate. You can take that suggestion or not. Every one has their own way of dealing.

^ The sweating and being hot one minute, then being freezing is definitely a huge sign of withdrawal. It makes you feel like you have the flu.

Last edited:
for me, upset stomach/bowel movement is one of the first signs of upcoming opiate w/d.

Then the dreaded 'whoa, I'm so hot I'm sweating, no - actually I'm freezing cold - now I'm hot and sweating and freezing cold at the same time - now I'm OK - whoa! I'm SO HOOOOOOT!' thing. Then the mad dashes to the toilet, that's when shit gets real (figuratively and literally).

Hahaha. So true, Muz, so true.

- VE

I was a PST and PPT addict. For me it was a weird hollow feeling in my head (hard to describe), followed by watery eyes and yawning. Later horrible shits, hot/cold flashes, body aches. Strangely when I went into full blown withdrawals I'd sleep for days (most people have insomnia), but terrible, nightmare sleep.

I was a PST and PPT addict. For me it was a weird hollow feeling in my head (hard to describe), followed by watery eyes and yawning. Later horrible shits, hot/cold flashes, body aches. Strangely when I went into full blown withdrawals I'd sleep for days (most people have insomnia), but terrible, nightmare sleep.

Yes, the terrible nightmares. I always know I'm in deep withdrawal when I'm FINALLY able to sleep, but have the kind of nightmares that throw my every insecurity in my face. I wake up and try to shake it because it feels too real like it actually happened.

If you really think about it, withdrawal sucks dick, but it's fascinating because it shows what can happen when you overdo something. It's a warning that you fucked up and that's why it hurts so bad. I keep fucking up so I'm not evolving. There is so much more than drugs. The universe is infinite and my mind is now pulling me into the direction of alien activity. It's telling me there is more to life than being stuck in a bubble of drug use. We are not alone in the universe. I saw it for myself the other night looking up at the sky. I saw the proof, the UFO. It changed my thoughts a lot.