• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom What is your favorite kratom strain?

izo

Bluelighter
as thread title says.

i just tried red thai for the first time and am positively impressed, better than the other strains i had before. i had green indo and indo gold.

I tend to buy more green types. To be honest though, I really don't notice that much of a difference between the strains / locations. Mainly as long as it is a good vendor / product then the experience is pretty similar to me.
Same.

Green Malay and Red Thai.
Same. I've been buying those 2 for a couple of years now, specially red thai.

I've said this before: the vendor is often way more important than the strain. Moreover, strains can vary a lot from one vendor to another.
So I'd advise you to find a high quality vendor, and then just take a look at the reviews.

Last edited:
Regular ol' Green Maeng Da. My go to for many years. Most of the strain marketing is hyped up, guy did an awesome thread a while back on Reddit where he went to the farms in indonesia and proved how farmed kratom is mostly horseshit.

Edit:
This is the mentioned thread:
This is his picture gallery:

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed post @drewbocop. I always order the same kratom from the same vendor and Malay is distinctly different from Thai one. Whether it is just a different mix doesn't really matter to me as long as it is consistent from order to order. Haven't order in almost a year and contemplating should I. Thanks for the info.

I go between Premium Green Maeng Da and Premium Green Maeng Da 2 (always on hand), Green Hulu (has had some very potent batches in the last year or so from my vendor), Gold Bali, and then a fourth one that varies. If there's something new that he has out, I'll try it out, or I'll just pick up a red or something I haven't had in a while. Right now that's Red Bali (it's shit this time around). It is definitely wise to switch it up periodically. However, constantly blending them together (taking a teaspoon of each all the time for instance) has caused me to grow tolerant to it all at once. Don't recommend doing that.

I'm a big fan of the Dragon strains/preparations. Green>white>red. Recently though, "green super" has been my go to. You have to rotate them out fairly often when you go through as much kratom as I do.