• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What is wrong with following Christ’s teachings?

Comparing the New Testament to Mein Kampf is beyond ridiculous @Gnostic Bishop. If you are not prepared to have a reasonable and intelligent discussion stick to your own hateful threads.

Jesus did not preach armageddon or genocide. And it’s not clear he referenced the Old Testament at all besides admonishing his followers to adhere to worldly laws.

You ignore 99% of the New Testament and completely fail to comprehend that Jesus represents a new covenant based on forgiveness and love.

And for the umpteenth time: this thread is about the teachings/philosophy directly attributable to Jesus in the 4 main gospels and the Pauline letters (which form the basis of mainstream chriatianity anyway). It’s got nothing to do with the Old Testament or your version of Yahweh.

Why do people even engage GB he is a troll just ignore him once i did that it was so much better.
I don't get the sense he's old enough to buy beer, either. He knows just enough about religion to make himself sound even dumber talking about it, and clearly relishes in what he thinks is sticking it to the Establishment in an intellectual way. Not worth responding to honestly.

Comparing the New Testament to Mein Kampf is beyond ridiculous @Gnostic Bishop. If you are not prepared to have a reasonable and intelligent discussion stick to your own hateful threads.

Jesus did not preach armageddon or genocide. And it’s not clear he referenced the Old Testament at all besides admonishing his followers to adhere to worldly laws.

You ignore 99% of the New Testament and completely fail to comprehend that Jesus represents a new covenant based on forgiveness and love.

And for the umpteenth time: this thread is about the teachings/philosophy directly attributable to Jesus in the 4 main gospels and the Pauline letters (which form the basis of mainstream chriatianity anyway). It’s got nothing to do with the Old Testament or your version of Yahweh.

While I agree a great deal with you here. Jesus did say he wasn't there to abolish the old laws. (matthew 5:17 I think)

And while Jesus indeed preached many admirable and positive messages, you do have the problem of reconciling it with the old testament. Particularly if you believe in the trinity. But somewhat just in general.

While Jesus represents the establishment of a new covenant with God, there are many moral issues with the old covenant and the old testament that still pose difficult questions.

I don't get the sense he's old enough to buy beer, either. He knows just enough about religion to make himself sound even dumber talking about it, and clearly relishes in what he thinks is sticking it to the Establishment in an intellectual way. Not worth responding to honestly.

Not to make this about gb, I don't understand why some people seem to use bluelight purely to engage in 1 niche non drug related topic.

Like, a lot of us including me talk about lots of non drug stuff on bluelight, but I think most of us are still here for drugs.

If we stopped being about drug harm reduction, I'd leave. I'd never leave just cause we stopped talking politics or religion or something. Yet a couple members over the years seem to be here to talk exclusively about that and seemingly wouldn't have posted at all in years if they couldn't.

I'm not so much trying to attack it as understand it. Cause I don't. I don't get it at all.

Genocidal characters are genocidal characters be they gods or not.

They are all stupidly evil.

Armageddon is the new covenant.

Jesus - The Revenge - YouTube

If genocidal character and why we love war so much as our epitome of drama, is not a philosophical point to you, then ---------

Blood Meridian - The Judge on War ("War is God") - Cormac McCarthy - YouTube

Regards
DL

If we stopped being about drug harm reduction

Harm reduction will begin by a court of a dirty politician caught in a tobacco or alcohol lobbyists pocket, or we recognize that the drug trades are controlled by governments and not really by cartels.

Politicians are careful not to get caught and the courts are too busy and expensive for the intelligentsia and experts to get a proper hearing.

Things are moving along though thanks to legalization in many states and countries.

Legalization will end most corruption in these areas in 30 or so years.

Regards
DL

Not to make this about gb, I don't understand why some people seem to use bluelight purely to engage in 1 niche non drug related topic.

Like, a lot of us including me talk about lots of non drug stuff on bluelight, but I think most of us are still here for drugs.

If we stopped being about drug harm reduction, I'd leave. I'd never leave just cause we stopped talking politics or religion or something. Yet a couple members over the years seem to be here to talk exclusively about that and seemingly wouldn't have posted at all in years if they couldn't.

I'm not so much trying to attack it as understand it. Cause I don't. I don't get it at all.

I like the existence of the non-drug specific forums because (theoretically perhaps) when one is lonely or not fit for other human company due to drugs (going up or coming down or just merely craving) you can get connected to people and have meaningful discussions. I often wish more people in the non-drug forums saw them more like a debate club or book club kind of environment where ideas could be discussed rather than unilaterally hammered home incessantly. There is lots to talk about in all kinds of areas and lots of opportunity for us to learn from one other,

I like the existence of the non-drug specific forums because (theoretically perhaps) when one is lonely or not fit for other human company due to drugs (going up or coming down or just merely craving) you can get connected to people and have meaningful discussions. I often wish more people in the non-drug forums saw them more like a debate club or book club kind of environment where ideas could be discussed rather than unilaterally hammered home incessantly. There is lots to talk about in all kinds of areas and lots of opportunity for us to learn from one other,

I agree. I'm not against having non drug subforums. Just the way some of them have been used in practice by some individuals.

Yeah there are some really smart people here in so many different areas. We should all do more to create a space for people to share their knowledge and not just their ideologies.