• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine What is with Coke and Fasting/ restricting hours?

Sensible1

Bluelighter
I have a quick question- I was having some happy hour drinks with some friends and someone mentioned something that I am unclear about. They had a strict rule about doing coke "never before 10 am or after 7pm". What is the purpose of this? I guess 7 pm so you can get a good night sleep (we are older ) but what about before 10 am?

I don't get that part, but I do know that if I have it, I have to have a little toot shortly after getting up, with my morning coffee. That is probably not good to start off the day like that, but that is the nature of the beast. Anyone heard of this?

There's no strict rule like that. It sounds like people having rules like no sprits before lunch which doesn't make any sense. They probably don't want the coke effect their work or study/ their regular daily life. After 7 pm?:))) Majority of people who use cocaine use it exactly the opposite times of what your friends are using it. Say, they start once they get to a pub after work, keep on partying till just before getting ready to go to work.
If you are a cocaine addict, hours of the day doesn't exist anyway.

^^ so true. The OP reads like a fiend of someone with self-control - or an attempt at it - so it does not disrupt more important aspects of their life.

Hats off to anyone who can have a sack and not touch it first thing in the AM after waking up! Coke and coffee - ummmm - sometimes I'll put a teaspoon of coke in the coffee and drink it over a few hours. Don't use it often - but when I do...

A teaspoon is like 2 grams for average powders, god damn.

A teaspoon is like 2 grams for average powders, god damn.

Thanks for catching what a teaspoon is in grams. Now I have a question about drinking coke like was mentioned above: Isn't drinking down coke will eventually ruin the lining in your stomach? and if so, how long does it take. I think the guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughn went out like that.

This may be hard to say depending on the quality and what additives are in it, right? When I do about a g of the powder it makes me have to blow my nose a lot about 3-4 hour after and/ or swallow some of the excess mucus. That coke that goes down my throat will then result in a little stomach funkiness for a few days after- loose stool, stomach feels upset, but otherwise I appear ok. I'd imagine that drinking it would mess my stomach up.

not anymore than snorting it will mess your face up. cocaine destroys anything it comes in contact with.

Thanks for catching what a teaspoon is in grams. Now I have a question about drinking coke like was mentioned above: Isn't drinking down coke will eventually ruin the lining in your stomach? and if so, how long does it take. I think the guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughn went out like that.

He died in a helicopter crash.

Yeah, he wasn't into drugs, at least not when he died. It was a random tragedy.

A teaspoon will weigh differently depending on what you're weighing. Some powders might weigh 5 grams in a teaspoon and some might weigh a half a gram, it depends on the density of the powder. But I have found on average it might be in the neighborhood of 2 grams. I just wanetd to mention you should NEVER use a teaspoon as a unit of measurement on drugs. The exception is something not very potent, for example, I used to use a teaspoon of approximate 2 grams of kratom, because if you're a little off it doesn't really matter.

I’ve done cocaine orally and sublingually quite a few times. I’ve found oral/sublingual use can be nice as a way to finish off the night with much less crash, you fade down a little smoother.

And teaspoon or any volume measuring device shouldn’t be used for the reasons stated.. Weights can vary a TON.

-GC