PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is this drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simongr14

Greenlighter
Someone I work with gave me what she thinks is crystal LSD. I have never done psych drugs before, but as far as I'm aware, isn't LSD/acid meant to be on tabs or sugar cubes? It's a small rock and light brown in colour. She thinks it's enough for one person, I feel like it's enough for a few people if it actually is LSD.

Thoughts?

it is 100% not lsd.

get a test kit. could be anything.

you could take stabs at what it is but its only guessing. you could find out with her if anyone else does it.

She got given it by a friend who said it's LSD. She took it and tripped for hours very visually. I don't trust that it's LSD, though, and am wary to have it without knowing what it is!

It's roughly 10mmx5mmx3mm. Roughly the same size as the metal element on an iPhone 5 charger

Hi and welcome on PD / BL :)

Sorry, we cannot identify a drug for you over the internet based on appearance and reported subjective effects... that is against our rules even.

One of the few things that you can probably assume safely is that it is not LSD. LSD is incredibly powerful and you need a quite special kind of scale to weigh a single dose. There are many other psychedelic drugs besides LSD, it is extremely likely that someone (like your female friend) just assumes it may be LSD just because they aren't really familiar with all of the other things one of which it most probably is.

Please get a test kit to get an indication of what it may be. Better is to get it analyzed but that is not that easy or cheap in most places.

Can the source be backtraced? Surely this chunk of 'crystal' did not fall from the clear blue sky. Normally the person who sold it or gave it away should have more information on it.

Taking a mystery drug is risky since you do not even know what possible dangers / risk the drug it is actually has. How did she even know how much to take?

No one can ID this for you, your best bet would be to get a kit and test a tiny fragment off of it.

It's extremely unlikely that it is a pure LSD crystal, but you probably should take precautions just in case it is. If you had a crystal of that size of actual pure LSD, it would be thousands of hits. Don't let it come in contact with your skin, or breathe any dust off of it. Keep it far from the reach of someone who might handle it.

Apologies for the rule break and it's completely understandable to not want to identify via the internet!

Her good friend gave it to her (a few rocks actually). She didn't like the hallucination effect of whatever I have so she gave it to me

Honestly I don't feel comfortable taking it if I don't know what it is, and seeing as I got it for free i will probably just throw it out. She told me that the rock she gave me is a single dose.

Probably best to suss it out with her.

Yeah just chuck it, and seek more reliable sources.
LSD is a beautiful thing, but can be hard to come by the real thing these days. Def best approach it with a lot of skepticism and safety.

The 'she' that didn't like the hallucination effect still should have mentioned what drug it is exactly.

And yes you should be uncomfortable taking it if you don't know what it is.

Otherwise, you can keep it and see if you can get your friends friend to inform you of the identity of the material. Then you can check if the dose that is supposed to be in that 'rock' matches what a normal dose is reported as typical. Take it from there, do the research on it and start low (weigh it!).

LSD is available (though availability depends on the exact place / social scene you are looking) and most importantly it is found as blotters or sugar cubes or liquid etc. Just like you suspected, yes.

Let us know if there is any more questions we can help with (clearly not all advice has to break our rules :) ) if not this thread has fulfilled its purpose.

Be safe. <3

i found a little green baggie with some white powder in it at the gas station - a few decades back I would have snorted it. or at least licked the bag, not now.
I just left it there, maybe the guy will come back or not.

We can't say what it is, you have to get it tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.