• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Thankfully I haven't got to the point where all of you are . probably bc I dont use a point. But the worst thing for me is the extremely horrible headache & crawling skin . oh! And being cold when it's 90° outside!

Right now Im on day two detoxing from opiates. The depression is the worst or me. This is about the 8th time in the last year Ive detoxed. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. They say you play you pay. Oh and I shit my pants at my car dealership last year. When right out my shorts and on to my shoe. Detoxing of opiates really sucks!

Is there anyone who's gone through both benzo and opiate withdrawal and thinks opiate withdrawal is worse? I'd be interested to hear their reasoning.

^looking at the results i was just thinking i wanna see opiate vs benzo with only users who have gone through both at similar levels. opiates are beating benzos, but that might be because they're so cool.

Honestly full on benzo withdrawals are on a whole other level of horror. I ct a 250 mg oxy habit and it was nothing compared to kpin withdrawal nothing. Not only are benzo withdrawals worse they are much much longer. I literally have gone a month or more with no sleep. The whole time it's like you ate 5 hits of acid right when you coming down from a massive coke binge and you have a terrible acid trip that lasts two weeks followed by another month or more of twitching, muscle spasms, hyper insomnia, crushing depression, suicidal ideation, migraines, burning brain, Hallucinations, sometimes psychosis especially at the beginning, it's fear of fear, seizures, terror you live in fight or flight mode. And nothing but time will give you relief. There is no clonidine, Imodium, nothing to give you even the slightest relief. Everything makes your withdrawals worse, sugar, caffeine, exercise, spicy food, heat, nicotine and any gaba agonist/analogue just prolongs suffering. There is no comparison.

I've been through both types, and opiate w/d doesn't hold a candle to the horrors of benzo w/d. It's more like brain damage or dementia than withdrawal. I compare it to a year-long panic attack with no moments of respite. There really aren't words to describe the feeling. It's like the worst depression, anxiety, insomnia and OCD imaginable times 100.

11% of male benzo abusers and 23% of females commit suicide according to this. Not "attempt" or "contemplate" suicide, but actually complete it. Those numbers speak for themselves.

Opiate withdrawal for me is just agony. And believe it or not, a year long Kratom addiction was as bad and in some ways worse.
10 years of daily drinking a fifth or more and quit CT with ZERO withdrawal. That was nice.

I've been on Kpins for 5 years, prescribed. 1-3mg/day as needed but usually just 1mg, so not much. BUT, about 2 months ago I decided I didn't need them anymore and stopped taking them. I went to bed and what followed was ABJECT HORROR. At the time I had no idea I was going through Benzo WD. I would almost fall asleep then start hallucinating. Full on weird noises from all over the place. No visuals. I would sort of "fall asleep" but it was more like Locked-In Syndrome where I was aware of my surroundings but couldn't open my eyes or move. I was paralyzed. That's when the close eyed visuals started, but very nebulous, abstract- not vivid. My face was being torn off and I couldn't do anything about it. As my face was being torn off, there was excruciating humming and buzzing all around me. I was trying to scream but it only came out in muffled murmurs. After a few minutes (felt like hours), my partner woke me up. But it was weird to me because I was already "awake". Sorry I can't describe this better.

So yeah, that happened for about a week every night with varying degrees of severity and images. We didn't know what was happening and I came very close to going to the hospital thinking I was having some kind of psychotic break. I spent a few hours online and, Thank God, was able to link it to Benzo WD. I saw my shrink and described it to him so we started tapering down from 1mg. Pathetic, right? Well, after finally getting some sleep on 0.5mg/night, I jumped again...

This time I had, what I can only assume, was a panic attack while I was "locked-in". I was awake and completely aware of my surroundings but my eyes were closed and I was paralyzed. Then it felt like a dozen hands were reaching out and grabbing me while that awesome buzzing was ringing in my ears. My chest was on fire, my breathing was shallow and I felt like I was having a heart attack while tripping balls. My last "image" just before being jolted out of this HELL was of myself experiencing death and the hands were those of paramedics trying to resuscitate me. I screamed as loud as I could while I was "dying" and it must have come out as a faint "help me" because that's what my partner heard before shaking me "awake". I shot straight up in bed, sweating profusely trying to catch my breath. I contemplated calling 911 for 20 minutes. The only reason I didn't call is because I was too traumatized to actually walk over and pick up my phone. Once I calmed down, I took 0.5mg of Kpin and fell asleep like a baby.

I'm absolutely positive I was dying. I was told that I was shaking uncontrollably while asleep during my episode. I think I was having a seizure or something. It gives me nightmares just thinking about it. As in, I will no doubt have a nightmare tonight recalling this event. It was the worst moment in a life of many worst moments. Benzo WD is insidious. Never had any physical or mental issues related to it, possibly because I was on such low doses. But these night time terrors were a living hell.

I'm STILL not off of the kpins. I too scared to jump. I take 0.25mg at night before bed and am almost out of my last script. Let me tell you just how thrilled I am at the thought of not having any more. My shrink is fantastic, but he minimizes by experience and thinks it's best for me to take my last 0.25mg and stay off. I hope he's right. I can't go through that again. It will wreck me.

One of the worst things about all of this is that my experience seems rather unique. I can find info about Benzo WD but NOTHING I've read points to experiences similar to mine. I only made the connection when I read about soldiers dying in their sleep after abrupt discontinuation.

So yeah. Benzo withdrawal is pretty awful. PSA kids- don't do benzos long term.

As a Clonazepam user of 15+ years I've run out 3 or 4 dozen times. I'd run out early(usually)because I'd need to double or triple my daily dose to help get me through the severe withdrawal symptoms of Oxycontin. A LOT of Oxycontin. Which I went through a ridiculous amount of times. I'm talking the original Oxycontin you could crush.
My question is; how much Clonazepam was your daily dose? I'm prescribed .10mg per day. I've never gone thru a withdrawal on this amount and I wonder if it's too small an amount to cause withdrawal.

^^^^ THIS

Yeah, I too thought the lowest available dose was .125mg with .5 being the most commonly prescribed lowest dose. If you're truly on .1mg, I wouldn't be terribly worried about it, but then again, I know from experience that seemingly low doses are still hard to jump off after years of use.

I was on 1mg x 3 daily for about 5 years but I only really took 1mg daily. I DIDN'T take my .25mg (half a .5mg pill) last night and spent 2 hours hallucinating, again. Sometimes I'm able to just roll with it, but usually not. My doc is not going to believe me.

So benzo wd really sucks, huh? I'm gonna stay away from that shit. One thing I noticed is that after just a week of use I get terrible rebound anxiety that ruins my life unless I take another pill or a drink.

You should really switch to diazapam. It does not have quite the binding affinity for the gaba a sub receptors. .05 mg kpin= 10 mg of diazepam so it's much easier to partition the pills it has a longer half life and is much easier to come off of.

You should really switch to diazapam. It does not have quite the binding affinity for the gaba a sub receptors. .05 mg kpin= 10 mg of diazepam so it's much easier to partition the pills it has a longer half life and is much easier to come off of.

THANK YOU! This is great advice. I'm going to talk to my doc about this and try to get it done. I want off of this stuff.

^^Marauding the topic on a bad night. Holy shit, in September it'll be 2 years since I cold turkeyed my benzos. It's a lot easier now but still have symptoms and it's not a walk in the park. Holy fuck, worst 2 years of my life. Not trying to scare you homie, giving mad respect. You tapered so you'll prob have a at easier time than I did. For fucks sake, when this is over i'm kicking some big pharma representative ass. Seriously, finding one, and beating them fucking senseless.

^^Marauding the topic on a bad night. Holy shit, in September it'll be 2 years since I cold turkeyed my benzos. It's a lot easier now but still have symptoms and it's not a walk in the park. Holy fuck, worst 2 years of my life. Not trying to scare you homie, giving mad respect. You tapered so you'll prob have a at easier time than I did. For fucks sake, when this is over i'm kicking some big pharma representative ass. Seriously, finding one, and beating them fucking senseless.

What kind of symptoms did you have over those two years and what are you still dealing with?
Thanks and congrats to you for getting off them. I can't believe how evil those things are. I mean, they work great for what they're prescribed to do. Damn near essential. But long term use is a killer.

Worst I've had myself was heroin cold turkey in jail, in solitary, and they took my mattress away for 3days, So I had to "sleep" or "try to sleep" on a concrete bed, the floor was more comfortable, also concrete. For 3 days It was more comfortable to have to stand up and just pace back and forward.

Anyways what I really wanted to let you guys know was that my friend who has also done a lot of IV heroin at different times and has been through cold turkey withdrawal and told me he had it real bad too for a week or more. Well that friend started doing methadone when he went on the run from a warrant to turn himself into jail for 3months. He stayed on the run for 6 months doing 80mg of METHADONE everyday! Then finally the cops caught him cause someone called on him saying he looked suspicious when he was up on day 4 of a meth binge. But he was still doing 80mg of methadone everyday for those 6 months. He gets into jail and is given a 3-day taper of 30mg 1st day 20mg 2nd day 10mg 3rd day, and then no more methadone. He said he was waiting for it to hit hard and he was scared as hell. Then the 2nd day or so with no done in him, it hit him hard and he said he was just as sick as his H-using times, except this time he said it was intense for 1day and then ALMOST NOTHING the next day. Just a few chills and depression and he was feeling normal by 1 week. I wonder does his body just react so much stronger vs methadone than H. or was it just his brain somehow fixed itself super fast? I believe him though, he said he was really sick for 1 day and then pretty much fine.

Worst I've had myself was heroin cold turkey in jail, in solitary, and they took my mattress away for 3days, So I had to "sleep" or "try to sleep" on a concrete bed, the floor was more comfortable, also concrete. For 3 days It was more comfortable to have to stand up and just pace back and forward.

This sounds absolutely awful. I can't imagine going through this. Jesus.

I've heard many, many times that Methadone can have worse WD than H and it lasts longer. Sounds like your friend got lucky or something.