• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
benzo (alprazolam) twice , was the worst scariest experience iv ever had in my life, the first one was worse than any bad trip in my books

i thought i was gonna die or was permenantly insane, until i got an emergency script written n filled 2 hrs later , would not surprise me if the bad one left me with some sort of permenant brain damage , guess im lucky i have a doc who is very understanding of my situations

and mild opiate ( was using h , oxy , morphine , codeine ) wd once , wasnt pretty , but bareable

now on methadone 75mg daily , usually go to my chemist in the mornings on my days off coz im in routine of gettin up early anyway ,
and morning tea break on workdays , i try to take my dose round same time every day incase of o.d , im yet to get take aways . im due soon i think

and today is first day of tapering down off 12mg a day xanax (prescribed dose), she (doctor) said to just take .5mg less each time i dose , wich is twice a day , so 5.5mg twice a day if my calculations r correct

Alprazolam gets my vote hands down. When w/ding from xanax after being on a high dose just the switch to valium/diazepam feels like dying. It's enough to stop the seizures but you still get the handshakes, insomnia and rebound fukkking anxiety like never before.

i concur

it took 25 5mg pills just to eaze that electricty like feeling thruout my body

TaupinJohn thanks for sharing. I know some stories aren't the most fun to read, but we wouldn't get to know people if we didn't share these things. Hope things are going better for you know. :)

as far as not life threatening, in the opiate category, i find methadone or suboxone WD to be worse then heroin, yea heroin is horrible, but the WD is intense and short, methadone and suboxone, gradually creep up on you and get worse and worse everyday and hit an intense point, WD lasting up to a month, IME with suboxone/methadone....heroin at the most im intensively in bed no energy, the yawns, teary eyes nausea, diarrea for a week, extreme depression, i rather suffer that WD then the slow agonozing WD of sub.metha

The best advice for opiates is not even once. It may be the weekend - not even once. One pill will lead to two will lead to three will lead to four - leading to many many many until you are so hopelessly trapped that you need this horrible pill just to stay normal - not to mention the TIME you lost.

Methadone, methadone... everybody says methadone just from hearsay. I say: licorice. Evil drug.

although i've dabbled in opiates, i was never using enough to experience physical withdrawls. when i don't take my dexedrine though, i experience the most horrible fatigue and dysphoria, i can't move, physically. it's horrible.

cocaine was definitely the most mentally addictive to me of any drug, i can't imagine ever turning it down when it's available, which it almost always is in the situations i'm in. even seeing a dealers number while i'm scrolling thru my phone can be a trigger. it's ridiculous

also i don't know why people haven't mentioned drugs like crack more, is the point of this thread to ask which drugs have the worst *physical* withdrawl only? i'm thinking people should take into account the mental urge to re-dose more, and how long it takes to (if ever) go away

IMO, Methadone. I thought I was going to die. Childbirth was a picnic in comparison.

1. Clonazepam/Alprazolam
2. Methadone

1. I've been on either Clonazepam or Alprazolam for 10 struggling years and the first time I went off it took 8 months of taper and although I got off it I relapsed a couple years later and went back onto it. This time it was Clonazepam and I've been tapering for a year, switched to Diazepam to help taper once I got down to a low enough dose. Now I'm on 1mg of Diazpam, will finally off it next month. It takes forever to get off the benzos. (Clonazepam/Alprazolam) I still experience withdrawals after each dose taper.

2. Methadone withdrawals lasted roughly 6 weeks for me! The first 2 weeks I was puking my guts out and hallucinating God awful things like demons and being in Hell talking to Satan. It really felt like Hell. I'm surprised I didn't slit my wrists. Neither could I eat or I'd toss it up. I spent those first 2 weeks in bed and I actually shit my pants. I couldn't get out of bed. The entire following month I felt like I had a hardcore flu. It was like typical heroin withdrawals at their height everyday that month. I wanted to die those first couple weeks.

Im from canada and here we get tylenol 1 over the counter i take an average 25 aday there 8 mgs of codeine in each pill . i take these as soon as i get up gets me throught the day 8 in the morning 8 in the afternoon and 9 in the evening . f i go a day without these i get suchs sore legs and a real bad headache , but usually all uhave to do is hit up the next pharmacy thats good ol canada fer ya

I once experienced withdrawal from perocet and opana at the same time, both prescribed medications for chronic pain issues. I thought I was dying, though I had gone through opiate withdrawal before. Which, everyone knows, is hell. I hallucinated and felt like the marrow in my bones was boiling. I slept for a handful of hours in a week. I didn't eat. I barely drank. My body was in so much agony I thought I wasn't going to make it, and of course there's the psychological shit to sift through as well. I made it through, but it was almost two weeks. Afterward, I swore I would never allow that much opiate power in my body again. And I refuse to touch opana. Too dangerous, too scary for me. I just use a light dose of percocet now, and life is much fuller.

benzos, barbs, ludes, and booze(GABAergic depressants).

if you're really addicted you know these drugs have the worst withdrawl out of any physicaly addictive drug.

i found this to be far worse than the physical monster that is opiate wd. To me that is 14 days of physical warfare, followed by 2 months of boredom. But the lyrica/benzo-like withdrawal easily took the cake.

Ditto

Worst opiates to withdrawal from:

1. Methadone, by far!
2. Oxy, but it does last nearly as long as meth withdrawal 5 days instead of 15
3. herion, isnt as bad as oxy wds, but it last 7 days instead of 5

i'd rather withdrawl from opiates than GABAergics any day.

i've WD'ed from opiates a couple times, but i've never WD'ed from benzos or barbs because i've felt the onset of withdrawl so to this day i use benzos both because i love them and because the withdrawl scares me shitless.

take my advice: do not get yourself addicted to benzos, barbs, or booze.

Worst opiates to withdrawal from:

1. Methadone, by far!
2. Oxy, but it does last nearly as long as meth withdrawal 5 days instead of 15
3. herion, isnt as bad as oxy wds, but it last 7 days instead of 5

heroin withdrawl is worse than oxy withdrawl imo. but not by much...

i've never done methadone but i can't see it being worse than heroin withdrawl. but thats just me and once again i've never tried methadone.

Methadone is by far the worst. think of the peak of oxy or heroin withdrawals that you get in say day 5 of not using either of them. now multiple how bad that feels by 3. then picture that hellish feeling still not being any better til the 10th day, and not being gone til day 15. thats what methadone withdrawal. Oh by the way, this was only from 40mg, and i only took that amount for about 2 weeks. i had a script of 120 10mgs pill per month, and i got locked up, so they made me take the full dose, where as before the month i spent in jail i only ever took them if i couldnt cop right away, it was fucking horrible