• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What is the weather like where you are this holiday season?

Ho Ho Ho!

Santa decrees that Christmas Day will be a day of snow and tobogganing for all this year. Watch out sunny Florida!

Fbny_z.gif

Yeah, when I was a kid I remember my mom and grandparents having ice scrapers in their car. Since it never actually got an legitimate use, it was just something else to hit my brother with while riding around.

The South always gives me a kick, when it comes to snow. I remember being in Arkansas one winter, they got maybe an inch and a half of snow, and everyone flipped out like it was a blizzard.

Every time it snows in Tennessee the stores inevitably run out of milk and bread. I forgot which comedian said, "Every time it snows in the south, does everyone get hungry for French toast?" It really shouldn't be that way in Tennessee because most winters they actually get decent snowfall.

Santa, please bring snow to the Cumberland Mountains in Tennessee. I'd really like to go snowshoe hiking during my visit!

Yeah I've noticed that the couple times I've been to Tennessee

Ugh, now it's pouring rain again. It's been on and off all day, mostly just sprinkling, but it's led to such a nice temp outside. Was enjoying sitting outside, posting and smoking cigs, but oh well, so much for that.

Rain on and off again today, including a 30 minute monsoon this afternoon. Seems done for the night, though, and feels great outside.

It's colder than a witch's tit. Icicles on the side of the highway
52n8dg.jpg

Cold-ish but not really that cold. It's been in the 30s during the day and like 10-20 at night. I live in the southeast US (north Georgia), so everyone has been complaining about the cold. However, I don't find it particularly bad. It's pretty much like how it is on average in the winter where I grew up (upstate New York). No snow though, unfortunately even though it gets cold like this often (and occasionally even colder, like single digits), it hardly ever actually snows. Because it only gets cold at night when the air is dry. If there is much moisture in the air (e.g. enough for precipitation), it usually keeps the temperature from dropping off much at night and thus it is *just* too warm for it to be snow and is a miserable cold rain instead. It does snow occasionally though, and I kind of hope it does...... since I actually like the snow. One thing I miss a lot about moving here.