• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is the weather doing in your part of Australia?

Klue

Bluelight Crew
SO!!! It's been overcast all day here today and I just noticed a bolt of lightning in the clouds South of me! We could do with some rain here :)

IDR661.gif

After a quick inspection on the Weather Bureau website and SE QLD is copping it! Black means heavy rain and hail!!! :D

Informative sites for weather information

www.bom.gov.au

I also use Country Energy's Storm Tracker, which shows you were the lightning strikes have been during the previous day with an easy to read key. (NSW only)

http://www.countryenergy.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/cel/CE/Others/weather/

While you're at it, you could check the tide times in your area.

http://tide-times.com.au/index.php

And why not check real time webcam photography of what the surf is doing??

http://www.coastalwatch.com/camera/cameraOverview.aspx

Just starting to get a bit windy here now, I hope it pisses down :)

What is the weather doing in your part of the world??

Good idea for a thread!

Here in Perth, it's overcast, with a bit of rain on and off during the day.

Oh no it has seriously come to this... talking about the weather online!

I don't mean to put anyone down but it's the conversational symbol of social awkwardness and we've all been there i'm sure, but it's become a thing I try my hardest to avoid.

Even more so these days since we set a rule in our office that anyone who brings up the weather with a client, or any one else for that matter, shouts the first round of drinks for as many people who turn up for Friday drinks.

Slow As A Wet Week.

What has gone on to make people stop postin',
you thinks,
Capt'n P?

Should I start a thread about that...

...caus you know what COULD happen then.....(!!!!!)

PAX'MEN
UnSure
confused-smiley-007.gif

^ Must be the GFC, I suppose :)

It's sunny sunny sunny today. I just spent half an hour planting a Habanero I bought a few weeks ago. Never had much luck with them but this one will be awesome fo' sure.

It's sunny as bro in central and north shore sydney.

:D it makes me

What has gone on to make people stop postin',
you thinks,
Capt'n P?

Should I start a thread about that...

...caus you know what COULD happen then.....(!!!!!)

PAX'MEN
UnSure
confused-smiley-007.gif

Just my personal opinion really

I am happy for people to talk about the weather as much as they like if thats what they want to do =D

I think this could be a cool thread if people have something with a bit of substance to say or cool pics to share relating to the weather, but page after page of "It's sunny but a bit chilly here in Sydney" "It's raining in Melbourne" will be boring as fuck.

I was a dark and stormy night just gone. The kind of night for mayhem. Short skirts were blown up and thick spliffs were blown out. I was pleased I had completed my gardening in the afternoon, my lawn cried for the sweetness of relieving rain after nothing for over a month. It rained, it hailed for a bit. I put the cars under cover and went to sleep.

When I awoke it was a perfect 27 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Suffer in your jocks Sydney and Melbourne.......

Sorry Jo, doesn't make it any better :(

God I'm usually defensive about this place when Lounge people start ragging on it but a weather thread?

How about a 'What cute and clearly indicative thing of massive genius and quick learning did your baby do today because you have clearly produced awe inspiring progeny that does things no other child has ever done at 6 months old before because you are the world's awesomest parent ever in history' thread.

You see what I did there? I bagged out the thread and something that annoys me all in one long, nearly grammar-vacant sentence. I first did that when I was 9 months old. Mum couldn't wait to run down to play group to tell all the other Mums.

^^^ Wait, I'm confused. Exactly where did the spliffs come from when the short skirts were blowing up??

I went and checked out all the erosion at Belongil today...

belongil22may2009.jpg

The brown stuff is indurated sand from millions of years ago. It's all been exposed in after those storms. The erosion that has been occurring there is from a combination of the big tides we have been having, storm seas and the lack of sand build up since they built Main Beach car park in the 70's.

The bags in that pic are made from Geotek fabric and filled with sand. Home owners at Belongil are doing their best to save their houses from the inevitable.

There are always short skirts when the wind blows Klue. As for the spliffs, I can only assume it was a Wednesday.

My little girl got "Student of the Week" on Friday, the same day she came second in the running race and a third in the sack race at her school sports day. The sun was out, with a slight tail wind so her time didn't count.

The bags in that pic are made from Geotek fabric and filled with sand. Home owners at Belongil are doing their best to save their houses from the inevitable.

That shit's happening near where I grew up. Got to marvel at the incredible foresight of people who build houses on the edge of a cliff. Maybe basic geology should be a Primary School subject.

^ Those who built dwellings on waterfront land in the area covered by Byron Councl are even sillier. They built homes after signing contracts that stated the homes could be demolished at the owners expense if the state government gazetted the land once its was deemed that the property was at threat of erosion from the rising sea.

Guess which area has just been gazetted. Planned Retreat indeed.