• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe what is the right dose of bupe for me?

xivixive

Bluelighter
ok, last major thread i started i stated that i was going to the sub doctor. long story short - the receptionist on the phone lied to me by saying every doc there could RX it. sure they can all RX it, but none take my insurance for that purpose. so that was a 2hr roundtrip wasted, and two more weeks still on opiates.

so now i am going to the real deal sub doc on monday at 11:30am. they are a 90 minute drive away. planning to dose early in the AM on sunday and then not again, so will be over 24 hours since last dose of opiates when i am at the sub doc appointment. the deal with this practice is i go in sick - not sick enough to be puking and shitting everywhere - but sick. they give me an RX for 1 suboxone. i go fill it at the pharmacy next door, bring it back, and take it in front of them. then they give me an RX for 1 more. i take that when i get it filled the next morning. i have to go see them 5 days in a row. at the end of day 5, they give me a months worth.

my question is this - how exactly is the suboxone dose calculated? i would prefer the advice of actual users/junkies since everything i find online just doesnt seem right...
40mg's of oxycodone will get me "well" - this is just "well" enough to function, not high in the slightest. a dose that low will wear off totally in 6hr's and i'm back to where i started. just because i can take 200mg's of oxycodone and be fine, that doesn't mean thats what i should base my sub dose off of correct? i've been a daily user of all types of opiates for 10 years, the last 5 years poppy seed tea has been my main habit. this is tough because i don't know how strong my tea really is - i just know i would rather have 1.25lbs of tea then 40mg's of oxycodone since it will last all day as opposed to just 4 hours. i would prefer to have 2.5-3lbs of tea a day. i'd prefer to have 60mgs of oxymorphone a day really, but the dream is over.....

the problem is i own a business and have to be at work monday-friday at 4pm. i cannot miss work. i don't want to take too much suboxone that it makes me ill - nor do i want to take too little, since if it doesn't make me feel better i won't just be able to jus take a few pills or cup of tea and feel better.... see the predicament? what do the experienced folks think will work for me? i will give any additional information you may need. i dont have any friends i can talk abou tthis with. i am so nervous about starting the subs, everyone says ill feel so much better though....

please, any advice is appreciated with the utmost respect. much thanks.

I switch back and forth from opana to subs depending on if I can find/have the money for the pandas. My usual dose of opana is 10 mg in the morning 10 mg at lunch and 20 mg after work. I can take a piece of sub as small of the white part of my thumbnail (I'd guess less than .5 mg) in the morning and be fine all day. It doesn't take much for me your mileage may vary.

the dream is indeed over.
xivixive, there's no predicament, friend. suboxone's how i got off of dope.
the doc's going to give you one 8mg suboxone tablet per day...? awesome!
as long as you're already in withdrawal, taking suboxone won't make you sick, it'll keep you from getting sick. also, sadly, taking too much suboxone won't get you high. jump through the doctor's scheduling hoops--sounds annoying, but remember, s/he's used to dealing with junkies...
you'll get to avoid the convulsing barfing crying crapping hell of kicking, but'll still have to face the nightmare of sobriety. good luck!

Last edited: