• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Is the Reason That Ends Your Binges besides running out of drugs or money or having work etc

alarminglynefarious

Ex-Bluelighter
I was on a binge very recently due to a deadline; i continued after cuz shit i was on a binge and there was shit i was upset about but at some point i just decided to go to bed.

I could have kept going, i can re initiate again now but tonight it's only weed and tobacco that i'm feeling. If i don't have anything around i wig out some nights and right now i couldn't care less that's an uncommon feeling to me and it makes me ask does everyone get like me and bored and just wanna be baseline human after a while? is there a trigger that i haven't recognised yet - i use to either be superhuman or escape bad feelings and i was feeling horrible so it wasn't anything like seeing the light or some shit? Any input?

My binges always end because the meth stops working properly after about 48 hours and 1 gram of pretty good stuff. About that point in time, I find that the next shot barely registers a rush and I start to feel sketched out wide awake but still tired. I just wait until it's late enough that day for an early bedtime, take my chosen trip killers and go to sleep. It's kind of good though, because by 72 hours I'd be getting pretty squirrelly and risking tweaking out.

Pretty much the body shutting down becoming fucking crazy and then tolerance goes through the roof.

Hey @alarminglynefarious
Like (i presume) most people, i gravitate towards the pleasant and try to avoid the unpleasant. This drive seems to always be there as long as my life is run by my stupid ego. Sometimes i use external substances, sometimes i act in ways that make my body preduce the stuff that will do it. So that's that.

Personally, i was never really after being on <whatever> 24/7, or every waking hour for that matter. Regular/daily yes, but i want to come down in between, use my brain, be somewhat functional, reach a baseline. (I know there are drugs and/or use patterns that do not compromise that, more or less.) Don't know if this classifies as "binges".

I guess, my main reason for stopping is negative effects, that ranged from
  • shocking crashes after prolonged abuse, e.g. nasty alcohol ODs
  • bodily changes, e.g. after treating my opioid receptors for too long; constipation, getting emaciated
  • the mind-terror i make myself becomes unbearable, like "get your fucking shit together, you're scum, etc."
  • "boredome"/tolerance, e.g. the drug of choice doesn't deliver anymore etc.
I think it's a classic addiction issue, isn't it? Commonality behind all this reasons to stop seems to be, to have found something better. Whether its "i just want some sleep", or "this use pattern prevents me from doing things i would like to", ..or maybe even "i don't want to die". The heartbreaking truth for many addicts (and i'm sure one of them) seems that the suffering and destruction of using becomes greater that the excitement it brings or the pain one tries to escape from. Maybe i'm wrong, anyway..

If I get sick I will put some shit down with a quickness and may not go back.

Apparently if you just take smaller doses further apart you can last a lot longer without going insane. I don’t know. I’ve never been that patient.
That's not possible for me. Half gram shots or nothing tsZzzzzz haha

sometimes just pure will power knowing if i carry on, it will just end bad or worse then it already is.

i could never listen. i'd get to the point where i was scared shitless of even the shotters and thought people were threatening to kill me in the street, honestly its lucky my response is flight and not fight. i'd know the psychosis would stop if i just slept and it would keep getting worse if i carried on, but i just couldn't stop, even with the vastly diminishing returns of the crack, which i knew would also be fixed by getting some sleep.

i could never listen. i'd get to the point where i was scared shitless of even the shotters and thought people were threatening to kill me in the street, honestly its lucky my response is flight and not fight. i'd know the psychosis would stop if i just slept and it would keep getting worse if i carried on, but i just couldn't stop, even with the vastly diminishing returns of the crack, which i knew would also be fixed by getting some sleep.

At least you retained that basic level instinct to go to ground and get some shuteye. I’ve seen plenty of people lose that ability and just go on and on as long as their physical ability or the law allowed them to.

ha yes true, it would usually take a day or two before i gave in, usually helped by running out of money. i never wanted to go to sleep cos i knew there was a large chance i'd be out for 48-72 hours and wake up rattling without any money or heroin. and also cos i wanted to keep smoking crack in the misguided belief the next pipe would do what i wanted.

fuck addiction is horrible. what a description of an actual human life.

It has something to do with your personal brain chemistry, some people seem to lose all self-control. It's also way easier not to abuse drugs when you have a fulfilling life (easier said than done).

I personally like to sleep every night so I don't really binge unless it's a very special occasion like a party or something, but even then I don't go past 24h.
I'm more of an endurance athlete as opposed to an extreme athlete when it comes to drugs, I like to be able to enjoy the possible effects and avoid the negative ones.
I sometimes take stimulants (or other drugs) everyday for multiple weeks though, and only stop when I run out, when I have other things to do or when I start to notice unpleasant side effects which end up making me very self conscious about my current run.

Not every addict is a drug abuser and many people abuse drugs without being addicted (binge drinking is a good example).

I was on a binge very recently due to a deadline; i continued after cuz shit i was on a binge and there was shit i was upset about but at some point i just decided to go to bed.

I could have kept going, i can re initiate again now but tonight it's only weed and tobacco that i'm feeling. If i don't have anything around i wig out some nights and right now i couldn't care less that's an uncommon feeling to me and it makes me ask does everyone get like me and bored and just wanna be baseline human after a while? is there a trigger that i haven't recognised yet - i use to either be superhuman or escape bad feelings and i was feeling horrible so it wasn't anything like seeing the light or some shit? Any input?
i could see that, it's good to go on a Bing once in a wile, but at least u know when to regroup, u can only chance a high for so long with it being fun, smart decision