• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc What is the most times you subjected yourself to drug withdrawal?

How many benzos / Opiates / meth withdrawal?

• 1-2 Withdrawals

• 2-4 Withdrawals

• 4-8 Withdrawals

• 10+ Full Blown near death alcohol / benzo / opiate withdrawals

Results are only viewable after voting.

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
And

I am not talking about Mini shakes and sweats about a full blown withdrawal like near death bed ridden?

i believe this is my Second suboxone withdrawal. I’ve been through around 4 heroin withdrawals and one phenibut withdrawal.

someone please tell me they have suffered worse pains than I have

Ive only really ever had to suffer for days on end once and that was a shitty suboxone induction while on tons of fentanyl heroin, anyone have an opinion on whether precip withdrawal is worse than normal withdrawal? I remember snorting a sub and within like 30min-1hour I was in pretty insane withdrawal that got worse over the day and was pretty ruthless for nearly a week.

What day are you on?

I think you'd need to clarify what you mean by "full blown withdrawal" before I could answer the poll.

How bad is full blown withdrawal? How long does it need to have lasted? How bad do the symptoms need to be?

My answer could range from hundreds to dozens to almost none depending on the answer.

I think you'd need to clarify what you mean by "full blown withdrawal" before I could answer the poll.

How bad is full blown withdrawal? How long does it need to have lasted? How bad do the symptoms need to be?

My answer could range from hundreds to dozens to almost none depending on the answer.

I think the same, I was maybe 4 times in acute withdrawal for at most 2 weeks the last time before relapsing, but I have been in acute withdrawal several times in the past when I had no drugs and kept a habit of many things and spent days without drugs and then abstinence from multiple things at the same time has happened to me many times, the survey answered badly if it was an intentional abstinence

It's super rare that I've been seriously sick for days on end. I nearly always found some way to get more drugs well before that point, and I never had the will power to go that long deliberately.

But if you mean sick enough in opioid withdrawal that you feel really sick and can't stop shaking and every minute seems to drag on and on and you feel freezing cold? But potentially for as few as 4-8 hours? I've experienced that probably hundreds of times.

The last time I was 2 weeks abstinence because I was forced to stop, but before I spent 2 or 3 days abstinence due to lack of money or because I did not have 1 of all the drugs I was taking, I never resorted to stealing to buy drugs and have endured abstinence as much as I could

Or when I finished my prescription a few days before getting the next one, I'm glad that stage of my life is over .. I guess

I never resorted to stealing to buy drugs

Wish I could say the same. :(

I wonder why some people wind up doing such horrible things to themselves and others while others don't?

Differences in addiction severity? Will power? Psychology? Social influence or other experiences? All of the above?

I almost killed myself from alcohol in Cuba once. Drank for 5 days straigh, without eating...day and night til I couldn't put even water down and then proceeded to have withdrawal symptoms that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Never since and never again.

Wish I could say the same. :(

I wonder why some people wind up doing such horrible things to themselves and others while others don't?

Differences in addiction severity? Will power? Psychology? Social influence or other experiences? All of the above?

A set of various things I suppose, because I have not stolen or hurt anyone to maintain my habit, but I have manipulated people close to me multiple times to give me money and I have sold many things that I had for drugs ... I have also had many debts, with friends and plugs

Maybe it's also a question of options.

I didn't start stealing until I literally had nothing left of my own of any value.

I've fully withdrawn from opiates.... uh, 4 times I think? And phenibut 3 times. I mean with phenibut I tapered each time but eventually bit the bullet. And of course many minor withdrawals that I ended with opiates.

I don't count caffeine because that doesn't even register on my radar but I did that once too, oh noes a headache for 2 days, the horror!

Which answer do you pick if you have had 2 or 4 lol they each have 2 answers that apply to that number of withdrawals, also if you had 9 withdrawals, no luck either

Assuming we are talking duration of 3days or more I’ve had I guess 4 medium withdrawals (which on the,continum were still really bad. And 4 absolute shaking sweating shitting heart beating out of chest crying for mercy withdrawals. Other times I always scored something eventually.

man, why didn’t I know about clonodine back then?

To clarify I mean withdrawals to the point of successful remission... meaning 7-10 + days for heroin, 14-21+ days for suboxone, 10+ days for alcohol and 7-60 days for benzos depending on length of half life..

And I believe phenibut withdrawal lasts around 7-14 days. \

So basically I mean successfully returning to normal from drug usage.

1 valium wd, first ever and it may just be the way I remember it but it seemed far more painful than opie wd, so at least I haven't made that mistake again.
1 tramadol wd, was doing clonazepam and tamazies to help this one.
3 times H, still fear a relapse but currently fighting the methadone wds for number 6. Methadone is way worse than H wd's thinking of going on the subs, I have been offered by my key worker if it's too tough atm she can sort it. 4 days no sleep and I know I tapered too fast. So not sure I'm in the clear with this one so call it 5.

I think its question of self esteem. If You're managing to live a somewhat normal life around your addiction it seems ridiculous to do such a thing. However as soon as your routine is gone and you stop seeing friends and family who would judge you for these things THATS when everything is fair game, I mean, what's to lose at that point (is the trick your brain plays). Hope you're doing well now, I'm in struggle time rn, some positive stories on BL usually help a little.