• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the most calming/anxiolytic dissociative?

Renald

Bluelighter
What dissociative is the best choice for a sufferer of frequent panic attacks and an anxious person? I prefer only low doses, not "hole" level dosages. Still have at least anxiety or panic attacks on most dissociatives I have tried even in low doses.

Which dissociatives do you have experience with?
And maybe you dosed too low.

I would probably look for the ones that are the least DRI...

S-ketamine (most calming / anxiolytic that I tried I think)

Not sure about the pharmacology of diphenidine but that could actually be good one as well in that respect..

Hmm, I've got the GAD, my panic attacks are mild and infrequent but I'm constantly on edge. So we're a bit different. Dissos almost always remove me from my stress and pain, esp in moderate to fucking strong doses..Maybe they are not your thing but if you got someone you trust around, maybe try a higher dose?
I've done MXE, DXM, MXP, 3-Meo-PCP, and just a tiny bit of K a long time ago. 3-meo-PCP was most anxiogenic, MXE the least.

Yeah in general a full dose of a dissociative is going to produce less anxiety, except at a certain point when it gets TOO strong and then it can be alarming. It sounds like you may just be stepping halfway in so you can't get comfortable with it.

If I were you I'd get a sitter and try taking a larger dose, if you're intent on trying dissociatives. Or work your way up slowly. I have a hunch that at a certain point you won't feel anxiety anymore. MXE seems like the best choice to me, I always feel extremely calm on it.

Which dissociatives do you have experience with?
And maybe you dosed too low.
I tried ketamine, MXE, DXM, nitrous, ephenidine and diphenidine. All of them, even at very low doses, except nitrous, caused me to panic at least several times. Now I am just scared to take every new drug to the point of panic. I am scared of DXM due to possible serotonin syndrome (I am on low doses of duloxetine), I am scared of diphenidine and ephenidine due to they are unknown and may have unknown interactions with other drugs I take, I was scared of ketamine and MXE for the first several times, now I dont have them I cant say would they cause me to panic. Nitrous is the only one I am not afraid, maybe this is due its very short action and easy titration. Seems it could be psychologically, not physiologically.

Yeah in general a full dose of a dissociative is going to produce less anxiety, except at a certain point when it gets TOO strong and then it can be alarming. It sounds like you may just be stepping halfway in so you can't get comfortable with it.

If I were you I'd get a sitter and try taking a larger dose, if you're intent on trying dissociatives. Or work your way up slowly. I have a hunch that at a certain point you won't feel anxiety anymore. MXE seems like the best choice to me, I always feel extremely calm on it.

I think anxiety can not be descriptive of any phase of the dissasociative state known as the k-hole except perhaps the short moment of semi-sobriety when you start to realize what you are in for (terror would be better)

I've only tried MXE and K.
K seems like it's more sedating and calming, MXE i find causes anxiety especially if you over do it. Smoking reefer on MXE will 100% send me into anxious thought land.
Frankly no dissociatives cut anxiety for me, it takes some booze or benzos.

Why do you want to take a type of drug that has a bad effect on you?

Anyway, tried combinations? Some people I know find MDMA sorts out their anxiety, and K on top of MDMA is one of my favourite things in the world.

You would think that benzos would calm you down while on ketamine but they kind of just ruin the trip. I say MDMA and K together produces wonderful calming sensations.

I would say MXE as for me the experience tends towards dreamy and relaxed, whereas ketamine can give me strong visuals but can seriously induce anxiety

dissociatives<benzos....find yourself a good benzo that works for you and don't abuse it. It has done wonders for my quality of life.

dissociatives<benzos....find yourself a good benzo that works for you and don't abuse it. It has done wonders for my quality of life.

Agreed, I was put on Ativan. It calms me without really making me high. It has a longer half life than Xanax making it less euphoric and less prone to abuse. I only take it as needed and try not to take it very often.

I wasn't very anxious on MXE, as I remember. But I think that's because I was too confused to be anxious.

Esketamine/S-Ketamine: 2x potency of racemic K, clearly more DRI action, clearer psychedelic dissociation with antidepressant, sedative, and anxiolytic properties IMO/E.
Racemic Ket: Can be more "relaxing" in a amnesic, wonky sense with some more complexity to the hallucinogenic properties.
Methoxetamine: Definitely more potent and longer-lasting than Ket, but certainly more psychedelic and serotogenic with an opioid-reminiscent warmth and antidepressant properties. This one can get very deep. It is my favorite arylcyclohexylamine and my DOC (when I could find HQ white crystalline MXE)

I've seen people have panic attacks on dissociatives/ACH's (i.e. K) and I've seen some experience euphoria and anxiolysis on ACH's. Just really depends on your reaction to the dissociative experience, some can't handle it or get scared, it can be very intense not in a classic psychedelic sense either, much stranger than those.

Arylcyclohexylamines contain some of my favorite compounds for recreational, as well as therapeutic (AD and anxiolytic) effects at threshold doses that can be used functionally for me. A benzodiazepine will always be better in terms of a panic attack though. BZD's increase the efficiency of synaptic transmission of the neurotransmitter GABA by acting on its receptors. GABA responsible for lowering of inhibitions and anxiety-relief.

Last edited: