• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

Nicotine and crack. Crack was my DOC and it led me to very dark places, places I thought that I would never go, and still, I couldn't stop. Getting off of crack was the hardest thing for me physically and psychologically. I IVed heroin for a little while but I ended up getting a very serious case of cellulitis from re-using needles, which pretty much stopped me early on.

Nothing has ever been like meth for me.
As soon as I used it once, it basically took over my will.
I have gotten some at times since then, and when I have it I cannot not use it.
I don't even have any, for weeks, and can't find any (thank goodness!), but I am thinking about it still, 18 months after my first try.
Some days, when I ride my bicycle, I search the ground in case I see any.
Totally hopelessly lost in this addiction, even though I don't (can't) use any.

^On that note vyvanse\Adderall is pretty bad too because you literally can't function without it when you first quit that drug took so much from me.

Xanax. Use to love it so much
Now hate it with a passion.
I am prescribed 2 - 2 1/2 mgs to take at night for sleep. And I rarely take it in the day.. My tolerance is going up, and 2mg ain't working like it use to

Really does come in handy whenever I need to dull a psychedelic trip. Which I rarely use it for that. - I prefer to ride the trip out - no matter how rough.

But what I have noticed with Xanax is that when I needed it to dull a trip because of some family stuff (shit had just got real) and I needed to be in a somewhat normal mind state.. The darn Xanax really didn't help, im talking about a full 2mg bar.

I did find that the little pink Etizest really came thru on that one.

Back to Xanax. I cant get off that shit now, it's holding me hostage and is in full control because mentally I don't care for it. We all here now physically, it can mess you up if you dare try cold turkey.

I do plan on talking to my psychiatrist (not anytime soon) about a taper plan
But for now, I am fine with being its prisoner

^ Sure MocCozmik, come off of Xanax while you are still able to do this. Benzodiazepines are difficult to stop using and as time goes by and tolerance is developed it can get very hard to live without them. When you no longer feel it but at the same time need it so you can keep moving.

Don't allow yourself to live limited by Xanax or any other benzo. Do make this plan, your doctor will be able to help you as they can change medicines. Instead of benzodiazepine he can work with other controlled but not as addicting. Do that while you are young and have ahead of you! It's worth it!!

I've grown to hate all psychiatric meds. I don't see how anyone can find them addictive, tbh (although that's purely in my own experience...I can see how someone with bad anxiety could find them addictive). Doctors practically throw those pills at me...Xanax, valium, Ativan...garbage, fucking garbage that makes me want to shoot myself in the head

I don't even see why they're so popular as a "combination drug", either...to me they subtract from the experience of other drugs like marijuana, LSD or heroin (although admittedly I did use diazepam in combination with heroin/morphine from time to time)

Sometimes people find better experiences with psychotherapy. The good things happen and it's all credited to you, to how you learn to indentify the problems and somehow work your way out. They only 'magically' guide you through yourself and it can be quite enriching if you find the right one. When people ask for psychologists references you usually receive 3 of them, so that you see how the trust works with different professionals.

I've grown to hate all psychiatric meds. I don't see how anyone can find them addictive, tbh (although that's purely in my own experience...I can see how someone with bad anxiety could find them addictive). Doctors practically throw those pills at me...Xanax, valium, Ativan...garbage, fucking garbage that makes me want to shoot myself in the head

I don't even see why they're so popular as a "combination drug", either...to me they subtract from the experience of other drugs like marijuana, LSD or heroin (although admittedly I did use diazepam in combination with heroin/morphine from time to time)
I've been addicted to clonazepam for 3 years now, daily at this point but there were times where I would skip a few days. It's never lost it's therapeutic value to me though, and I've only abused benzos twice in my life. I agree with wondering why they're so popular, at least as a recreational drug...I have pretty bad social anxiety and clonazepam has been a godsend for the most part. Yeah I still have a little anxiety but it's a whole lot better than using ssri's in my opinion. I know my emotions are dulled, no doubt, but idk..wouldn't want life without clonazepam at this point. As far as your doctor pushing them on you, that is not the case in the states I've lived in as an adult. My psychiatrist is actually saying he's gonna be cutting down my clonazepam dose because "that's what doctors are starting to do now". Lol, Fucking bullshit, oh well. just my two cents.

Perfect, couldn't agree more that benzos can and def should be used therapeutically and never understood why people abused them. I was on xanax then valium for a little over 5yrs and don't think I abused any of them?
I did manage to stop using them and did suffer withdrawals so have a whole new respect for that drug.
Worst addiction for me, heroin. Battling that at the moment. Sounds odd but just kinda losing interest in the whole thing plus it reaks havoc on my life. I guess cigs would be up there too. At the moment I don't see myself giving up smoking anytime soon.
Opiate addiction just sucks especially when you don't want it anymore and you are in the inner fight with the monster you created. Think this is the end of my career with them. Feel like shit when I use, feel like more shit getting off them and feel even worse when I relapse.
So yea opiates by far!

IV dilaudid hands down...more than meth, coke, and other opioids combined. I never got into nicotine but for those who I knew that used it it was the hardest for most.

Mephedrone, hands down. It's the only drug that ever made me spend money I didn't have and completely neglect my health/responsibilities/reality. Worse than meth, worse than oxycodone. The worst thing ever. What's really sad is it wasn't even that pleasurable! The comedown alone was enough to keep me binging.

This exactly. Whilst there was no real withdrawal in comparison it really did destroy my life through addiction.

I've been addicted to clonazepam for 3 years now, daily at this point but there were times where I would skip a few days. It's never lost it's therapeutic value to me though, and I've only abused benzos twice in my life. I agree with wondering why they're so popular, at least as a recreational drug...I have pretty bad social anxiety and clonazepam has been a godsend for the most part. Yeah I still have a little anxiety but it's a whole lot better than using ssri's in my opinion. I know my emotions are dulled, no doubt, but idk..wouldn't want life without clonazepam at this point. As far as your doctor pushing them on you, that is not the case in the states I've lived in as an adult. My psychiatrist is actually saying he's gonna be cutting down my clonazepam dose because "that's what doctors are starting to do now". Lol, Fucking bullshit, oh well. just my two cents.

Clonazepam was my favorite benzodiazepine. It was actually one of my favorite drugs for a period of time...never abused, though, I never took a dose of it over 2 mgs. But when I was having a terrible, stress-ridden day, Klonopin would be like a ray of sunshine specifically beaming down on me. I loved that drug...but strangely didn't find it addictive at all. I could use it one day and feel no desire to use it on subsequent days...it was almost like a "miracle drug" for me, at a certain period of my life anyway...I never had a legitimate script for that particular one, though. Bought it in bulk off the black market (benzodiazepines are dirt cheap if you know where to look...probably the only class of pills for which that's the case). I haven't taken any Klonopin in years, though.

My experience with benzodiazepines has been that they are still given out pretty damn freely. My first script for Xanax was given to me with the doctor claiming that it "wasn't addictive" (I kid you not...this was in 2011). Another Xanax script was given to me after I went to the doctor with thermal burns on my feet (mild frostbite) and they noticed that my heartbeat was "unusually fast". The last tranquilizer script I got (Valium) was given to me after I went to the doctor with a lung complaint (possibly asthma)...with the doctor wanting to rule out "stress related reasons" first :\

I've got experience with other psych meds, though...celexa, Effexor, trazodone, ambien, you fucking name it pretty much!

Some doctors use the easy way out to solve their "working" problems. They medicate you and problem solved. I believe it takes 3 weeks or so to get chemically addicted to benzodiazepines. It depends a lot on how you use them, strictly under prescription or when needed. Most families I know have some sort of benzo on their medical kit at home.

There are also those people who get really drowsy and don't like it. I believe I was like that when I first used it. But eventually you may find yourself with constant stress issues and easy access. The same applies for prescribed painkillers.

Nicotine is by far the most addictive for me. Aside from the occasional forced (and very uncomfortable) breaks I've been vaping consistently for about a year now. I've weaned my self down from 24mg juice to 6mg in that time. I plan on staying on 6mg and watching vaping studies carefully because, to be honest, I love the feeling nicotine gives me.

Really? Worse than Meth? Gosh - I wouldn't even place them as comparable. But everyone's different, I assume you must be talking old school circa-2008 Mephedrone rather than the stuff going around in general. Must be, otherwise I'm lost.

To answer the question: For me, Methamphetamine.
...but I've seen the insanity of GBL addiction, that one scares me.

But just imagine that brief sensation of relief 20 to 40 times a day for 20 years non.stop. Nicotine is a horrible addiction. A different type of addiction I'm sure. Being legal and all and doing it every half an hour or less meaning that everything around you - 100% of the time - can be a potential trigger. I don't think OP compares it to Meth but I do understand what he means.

I'd say crack, Meth, heroin are all most addictive. Because they can make you turn into a street beggar in a couple of weeks. Or a prostitute in a month depending on the scenario. Imagine if crack was legal and if you did it every hour of your day for decades.
Of course you would have died no doubt. But if not that would be something impossible to quit.
Not saying that nicotine is like crack but I get that this can be a powerful addiction.

probably crack and meth, it is so mentally so addictive.. when I'm in it's hard to go back

I've tried every major drug & drug combo out there. But GHB, without a doubt is the most addictive in my case. Followed by alcohol. I found GHB when I needed something for cocaine comedowns. I loved it and soon stopped buying cocaine so that I could spend my money just on GHB alone.
I was hooked extremely quickly. It was the 1st drug I became addicted to, although not the last.

A cap of GHB seemed to solve all of my anxiety and ended my panic attacks. It dissolved any kind of pain, and makes you very happy. It cured just about anything, from a migraine, boredom, insomnia, hangover, comedowns of any size... it made you feel as if the world was just right. I quickly started taking caps several times a day - then waking up to take more. I was eventually taking 1 per hour or so. My body was completely hooked within 6-8 weeks. I was pulled over one night and arrested for having a warrant. I was taken to jail and cut off from my precious G. Within only a few hours, I went into full-blown W/D in a cell, and an ambulance took me to the hospital, with dangerously high blood pressure and a pulse almost too high to believe. GHB withdrawal is life-threatening (much like alcohol w/d). I left the hospital and lived at my parents for the next 30 days, on a prescription that caused me to basically sleep that whole month, with VERY little memory of even staying there.
I was warned to never start drinking alcohol in place of that addiction. I listened at first, then threw caution to the wind. I slowly drank more and more. I became a hardcore alcoholic for the next 9 years, throwing painkillers in the mix for 5 of those years. Took 6 trips to rehab, jail, detox's, losing my kids, being on the street, 6 months in a sober-living home, and almost dying several times to get where I am now.. I will have 1-year sober from alcohol on August 25th!

I firmly believe alcohol to be the most dangerous drug out there. It's so widely accepted, but can turn your life into a nightmare very quickly if you don't know when enough is enough.

Last edited: