• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the life expectancy of a non-IV opiate user if they started using at 18yrs?

quality not quantity.

if you make it to old age, youll most likely painfully fully appreciate that.

I have NO idea why people enjoy opiates. I have an enzyme in my liver that metabolizes them better than other people. I don't understand why "nodding" is enjoyable. It's basically almost dying for a second.

its not the nodding part otherwise benzos or even benadryl would be just as pleasurable. Its the dopamine.

looks like that enzyme was wassted on you though, I don't believe I am so lucky

Well you can live very long, opiates itself don't shorten you're life, but it is OD's and infections from bad IV'ing that can kill you. Basically drug on wars kills opiate addicts.

its not the nodding part otherwise benzos or even benadryl would be just as pleasurable. Its the dopamine.

looks like that enzyme was wassted on you though, I don't believe I am so lucky

Is it the dopamine or is it the opioid receptors being activated, basically introducing drugs that mimic endorphins.

My understanding was that the endorphins cause the please, but it's the dopamine release that makes it addicting. I've never gotten a solid answer in this for opioids but I've long been curious.

Whynaught, maybe that's why us opiophiles keep chasing the high. If death is the closest we get to freedom, and if opiates provide a taste of death, then maybe that's the aspect of it that comforts us. :\

Whynaught, maybe that's why us opiophiles keep chasing the high. If death is the closest we get to freedom, and if opiates provide a taste of death, then maybe that's the aspect of it that comforts us. :\

Sure sounds comforting to me.

I'm not an addict, but I have been on opiates for pain conditions on and off. They make me feel good, the euphoria is nice, I become a nicer version of myself, the pain of the world feels more distant, and I feel like I can do anything. It's similar to some other drugs in that way except the pain part. It eliminates all pain. Nothing bothers me anymore.

But then when it wears off, I can become an asshole from hell. Irritable, sweating, nervous, reactive... and this is why I won't get much more involved in opiates as a DOC. I wasn't even on high doses either.

In this, I could see hints of why a more serious habit could ruin someone's life. Functional addicts are real but without safe support systems I don't see how they can remain at the same functionality level forever. How many people have the will power to not take just a bit more, especially if their lives are unbearable?

People in Switzerland are lucky... but most of the world has still drunk the war on drugs koolaid thanks to the United Nations / USA.

Foreigner, to answer your question on how some people can maintain an addiction without slipping up when things get rough, will-power would be my assumption (or the need to conserve at least). I just keep the thought of withdrawals in mind at all times. I suppose that's what's keeping me on a strict regimen about how much or how little to take. If you hate withdrawals as much as I do, you'll find a way to keep them at bay, even if that means weaning yourself to cutting off just 1/4 of a pill a day so that you'll have enough left over to reward yourself a weekend binge-dose. To me, with enough self-control you can limit yourself so much that you need just a fraction of a full dose to feel okay and by the time the weekend rolls around you won't need more than a specific amount to get pinned-out. For example: I take 15mg of ms contin (morphine) daily 6 times a week and on the other day I take 300mg. I never have to exceed 300 to nod off and I owe my steady tolerance to my strict regimen. So far its served me well, given that its been a decade since I've had withdrawals. To me its all about balancing out your dosage, but I know everybody is different and my method of using might not be beneficial for everyone.

There's this thing called the 80/20 rule. For anyone who doesn't know it's a concept used in business and various other subjects and it refers to the frequently noted observation that roughly 80% of the outcome of something often comes from 20% of the input.

I've found it applies to drug use too. I've noticed many times that it seems like 80% of your withdrawal symptoms can be relieved by using only 20%of your usual dose.

I remember more than a few sleepless nights in withdrawal searching my apartment for old bags of heroin to mix together and shoot. And there were more than a few times where to my amazement I actually felt it somewhat and it actually helped a lot and meant I was able to get to sleep till morning (when usually if nothing else I could get my methadone).

Very unhealthy behavior and the kind of thing that makes you realize how much of a junkie you are. But the point is my experience agrees with the above poster about how little you need sometimes to stave off withdrawal.

It's probably a lot of why loperamide is as effective as it is despite being so relatively weak.

Depends....if u drink or do benzos with your opiates....not very good odds. If you smoke fentanyl....not good odds.

It depends on how far u push your highs...some like to nod and others just like to get opiated.

I am not aware of a single seasoned user that has never ODed...so it just a matter of someone else being there to save your life

Check!