• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the difference between codeine and hydrocodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xasks

Greenlighter
The first thing to say is that I do NOT know chemistry well so please be as explicit as possible.Getting that out of the way I'm really curious about narcotics.The formula of codeine and hydrocodone is the same.That is pretty confusing.I guess they may be different isomers.If it is that so can I make hydrocodone from codeine and how?

Xasks, please acquaint yourself with the forum guidelines before making any further posts. We need to keep all of our threads here in Basic Drug Discussion related to the concept of Harm Reduction, that is, accepting drug use as a reality of humanity and taking all necessary steps to ensure the highest level of safety possible. If you have any questions, please contact me.

I'll indulge you, but you could find this information in literally 20 seconds if you put your thinking cap on. Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab) is a hydrogenated Ketone of Codeine, as the drug Hydromorphone is a hydrogenated Ketone of Morphine. They are analagous in that way. If you want further information, you can easily locate patents and amateur synthesis instructions through the internet, but not on Bluelight.

Status
Not open for further replies.