• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is the best Way to tolerate in laws?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
To be brief and short, I suffer from social phobia I think. Anyways my girlfriends cousins are coming into town, To and I’m not joking camp in our front yard during a hurricane...?! Granted it’s not going be more then 1-2 inches here. I don’t wanna be rude and seem like a creep or anything by going my own way and sorta being antisocial but I really have no other ideas other then to just mind my own and do the usual staying away from the crowd. I’m just wondering how some of you may face those type of situations granted my mind is making me think Things “what if they don’t like you, what if you say or do something stupid” or this weird scratching my nose twitch thing that happens when encountered by new people it doesn’t happen that often fairly rare but as soon as I heard I begin panicking. I think I’m on verge of a panic attack off something so simple. I’ve got klonopin and with enough of they being honest I can tolerate it. But I also don’t wanna be on klonopin all weekend ya know? So if You got any ideas how to face this? I’d love to hear!
Except for “Manning the fuck up”. I already tried that you cant man up out of a mental disorder but thanks !

Pray the hurricane blows them away? Haha

Nah jk. Id go with the klonopin. Pretty sure this is sort of thing they were invented for!

Yeaaah, it seems like a rule that at least 1 in law is always maddeningly evil.

I mean I wasn't married, but I was in an extremely serious relationship a long time and his parents sure felt like my in laws. Complete with a mother in law I repeatedly clashed with.

Benzos. That's all the advice I got.

BTW I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna move this thread to life advice and visual arts. It might be a better fit there. I'll leave a redirect here for a little while though.

Last edited:
Or light up a Scooby.. so u avoid WD. Social phobia in my perspective comes from a poor vocabulary and if you improve this there's no social condition anymore.