• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives What is the best method of using ketamine other than snorting or injecting?

zTripz

Greenlighter
I used to be a huge fan of snorting ketamine. However, I damaged my nose badly from cocaine abuse and can no longer snort drugs (I require surgery).

I am trying to figure out what the best way is to administer ketamine other than snorting or injecting. I have tried rectal administration, however it seems to be VERY weak compared to nasal. Many people agree that rectal K is very weak, despite some saying it is strong. I have boofed LOTS of K, with proper technique, and the only time it was worthwhile is when I combined it with LSD.

I am considering taking ketamine orally, sublingually, or making a nasal spray. My setting for the usage will be an electronic music festival. I will be combining it with ecstasy the first day, and with LSD the second day.

I have heard very mixed reports about taking ketamine orally. Some say it is completely worthless, and some say it works very well at doses even as low as 250-300mg. Would this be worthwhile/appropriate for an EDM festival? If so, how can I expect the experience to be different than nasal?

My second option is to take it sublingually. It seems that this route is extensively used in ketamine therapy, and people report that recreational effects are achievable. However, these are pharmaceutical lozenges that are flavored. My idea for sublingual ketamine would be to dissolve it in grapefruit juice and swish/hold it in my mouth for 20 minutes. I'm hoping the grapefruit juice will make the taste bearable, and also potentially increase the effects?? I know grapefruit juice can potentiate some other drugs such as MDMA. If my calculation is correct, I should be able to dissolve 250mg of ketamine in only 1.25mL of liquid.

My final option is to make a nasal spray. I am hesitant to use this option, given the serious nasal damage that I incurred from snorting cocaine. The only reason I am considering it is out of speculation that dissolved in water or saline, ketamine may not be harmful to the nose like snorting it would be. However, this is only speculation. I am extremely afraid of worsening my nasal damage and would never consider snorting drugs again. Do you think it is safe to use a ketamine nasal spray? My nose doctor is aware of my nasal damage and has prescribed me other nasal sprays in the past (flonase). He told me this would not worsen my damage. Can the same be assumed for a ketamine nasal spray?

Remember, I will be combining the ketamine with ecstasy and LSD; so these other drugs may make the experience stronger , thus rendering an otherwise weak route of administration like oral more powerful. When I combined rectally administered ketamine with LSD, I had the experience of going into a television show which is something I have only been able to ever achieve from snorting K years ago.

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated. My festival is this weekend and I am determined to make ketamine a part of it! :)

First of all, how high is your tolerance?

I would think that a combination of the 2 methods could work.

Basicly take your lsd with a good amount of oral/subling ket.
Maybe put it in your mouth and swallow after 5-10mins.
Then have a spray bootle with ket solution to boost it during the trip.

However in the end its all about your tolerance.
I can get decent effects frö snorting ket if im on psychedelics.
However if i do plain K i nowadays need needles to make it worth my time.

PS: another option could be to try dck.
Its orally active and more long lasting.
However you really need to know your dose esp if polydrug tripping at a festival.

First of all, how high is your tolerance?

I would think that a combination of the 2 methods could work.

Basicly take your lsd with a good amount of oral/subling ket.
Maybe put it in your mouth and swallow after 5-10mins.
Then have a spray bootle with ket solution to boost it during the trip.

However in the end its all about your tolerance.
I can get decent effects frö snorting ket if im on psychedelics.
However if i do plain K i nowadays need needles to make it worth my time.
Thank you for your response! I would say that I have no ketamine tolerance. I have not used any in dissociatives in about a year. In July 2020, I abused 3-HO-PCE pretty badly for 3 weeks and built a huge tolerance to it. But since it’s been a year I am hoping that the tolerance is all gone. Do you think that it is a bad idea to use ket nasal spray given the situation with my nose? It is extremely damaged and I would NEVER consider snorting powder again.

My understanding is that esketamine is converted to arketamine in the stomach, reducing the potency by about 75% and robbing the compound of many of its psychedelic properties. Of course, that is purely anecdotal but I think it's generally accepted that dosing it orally is a waste of ketamine. If this were to be a regular thing I'd also be worried about how dosing this way might worsen potential bladder damage down the line.

A nasal spray is probably your best bet. Obviously it isn't ideal, but your nose is fucked so you're just gonna have to play the cards you have, maybe make a low dose spray to begin with to test the waters and make sure it actually is being absorbed this way rather than just dripping down the back of your throat? Needles aren't going to practical in a social setting. Sublingualy I imagine you'll just end up swallowing most of it. You could try boofing, the bioavailability doesn't seem great but it's better than oral and it sounds like you've had some success dosing it this way in the past. This might also be kind of inconvenient for a social setting though (I guess you could do it in a toilet).

Look after your nose kids, you'll miss it when it's gone!

Last edited:
Yeah I say put it up your ass in a portaloo lol, if on other drugs with no K tolerence that's the best way as it should work better than when on no other drugs, not that I've tried it, I don't think putting corrosive K up your damaged nose is a good idea, even if it's in a saline solution, I've ate K fudge 200mg and got nothing from it apart from it helped my fibromyalgia pain, but I have a big tolerence, well I did till the K went to shit in the UK and almost all batches are absolute crap