• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is the active ingredient in tramadol

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Now I've tried all sorts of painkillers except oxys. I'm wanting to know as I am prescribed this medication for now, what the active ingredient is. Sometimes depending on the dosage I can get a warm euphoric feeling and a sort of careless feeling. Which agents me wondering what it is exactly in this specific opiod painkiller.

Any feedback would be great, haven't found much on my
old friend google.

Tramadol is the active ingredient. A desmethyl metabolite has a much higher affinity for the mu-opioid receptor which is why it can take awhile for it to kick in. It's also an SNRI.

Tramadol is also addictive btw

Tramadol is the active ingredient. A desmethyl metabolite has a much higher affinity for the mu-opioid receptor which is why it can take awhile for it to kick in. It's also an SNRI.

Tramadol is also addictive btw

j know it's addictive I've been through withdrawals and what not but here in the U.K. They don't give you much more than codeine tramadol or strong co cocdamol for moderate to sever pain. Also can I ask what it is that gives the buzz, euphoric feeling from tramadol ?

Tramadol is the active ingredient. It is broken down by first-pass metabolism into O-Desmethyltramadol.
Tramadol is also an SNRI (Serotonin Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibiter) anti-depressant.

Guys thank you so much for the replies make so much more sense now. I do understand the basics of chemistry just not really the effects and what causes them but now that's answered.

If you are going to give people advice, PLEASE make sure it is at least accurate.... an SNRI is NOT a Selective Seratonin reuptake inhibitor, nor is it a noradrenalin one either....It is a Selective NOREPINEPHRINE reuptake inhibitor

If you are going to give people advice, PLEASE make sure it is at least accurate.... an SNRI is NOT a Selective Seratonin reuptake inhibitor, nor is it a noradrenalin one either....It is a Selective NOREPINEPHRINE reuptake inhibitor

An SNRI is a serotonin/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Norepinephrine and noradrenaline are the same thing

noradrenaline and norepinephrine are exactly the same thing. The first is used in the U.K. And the later predominantly used in the U.S.

EDIT: I mean the terms. In the U.K. We say adrenaline/noradrenaline. For some reason in the U.S, they use epinephrine/norepinephrine. Both refer to the same chemical.

Last edited: