• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

what is MBDB?

Good Corruption

Bluelighter
i found this on dancesafe.org
All tests are performed using gas chromatography (GCMS). The laboratory is able to identify the presence of MDMA, MDA, MDE, MBDB, MDOH, PCP, amphetamine, methamphetamine, ketamine, 2-CB, LSD, DOB, 4-MTA, caffeine, ephedrine, dextromethorphan (DXM) and just about every other known drug.
all these substances except MBDB, MDOH, and 4-MTA are on erowid but i was able to find info on MDOH in PiKHAL and info on 4-MTA on ecstasy.org...but info on MBDB is nowhere to be found....anyone know anything about this substance?

Also, Pihkal has it listed as entry #128. Hope that helps too.
[This message has been edited by RiderGirl69 (edited 23 February 2001).]

hmm...interesting substance...PiKHAL has it listed as methyl-j...it would probably be the best MDMA substitute out there but the synth is probably as difficult as making real MDMA...anyone know it's legal status?

I read somewhere that it's Legal!
But I highly doubt that in Australia, its most likley illegal here, like everything else.
I think that I read it somewhere in the Vaults of Erowid.
I know this is propbably no help what so ever, but hey, I tried!

Anecdotal reports on Erowid and elsewhere suggest that MBDB is not nearly as pleasant as MDMA. In the United States, it is a positional isomer of MDEA and hence is considered C1, along with MDMA.

Analogs are completely legal to own. They only become illegal if you try to sell them for human consumtion.

One name for MBDB is N-methyl,alpha-ethyl-3,4-methylenedioxyphenylethylamine, which won't mean anything to you unless you've had organic chemistry.
MBDB is a lot harder to make than MDMA. It requires piperonal (which is a List I chemical in the United States) as the starting material followed by a Grignard reaction and reductive amination with methylamine or nitromethane.
Piperonal is exceedingly difficult to acquire in the U.S., and the Grignard reaction is beyond the scope of kitchen chemists.

They are legal if they are not intended for human consumption. So technically no merely owning them is not legal, and if they found your analog gelcaped up it would probably be enough to establish they are intended for human consumption (unless you just like getting your dog really fuckign high :) ). Of course unless they suspect you of distribution, or intent to distribute they almost certainly won't bother.
In addition in most cases it would probably be a real bitch to prove it was intended for human consumption.

I seriously doubt the Feds would let it slide if they found MBDB in your house, but couldn't prove it was for consumption. They're good at pulling magical loopholes out of the air to get their man.
MBDB seems to have some currency in Europe, but apparently it's very rare in the U.S. I doubt it would be worth a chem hack's time to go through the synthesis, for something that needs a 160-180 mg dose to really work. Just pick "Eve". :)

Even though this isn't MDMA/MDA/MDE I think this should probably go in Ecstasy Discussion rather than here.

If the feds found MBDB in your house in small quantities, assuming it is not explicitly listed in the CSA or later addendums they would probably not bother. They would have to get chemists to testify it is struturally similar and pay lawyers to argue around the vaugness in the analog act all b/c you have some MDBD for your personal use. I doubt it. If they really cared that much about MBDB use they would have used their emergency power to put it in schedule 1. In fact the feds are unlikely to be raiding you for your personal drug stash in any case. I doubt the state law enforcement would bother either tho.
In fact it is my understanding that like only a couple cases have ever been tried under the analog act and they were all for dealing...or some absurd activity. That really is the intent of the analog act as well, prevent cooks from staying one step ahead of the law by continually finding close strutural relatives.

Argh! I said 'isomer', NOT ANALOG!
Quoting from the US Federal CSA:
"As used in schedule I(c) [21 USCS Section 812], the term "isomer" means any optical, positional, or geometric isomer."
"(c) Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances, or which contains any of their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation: .... <list of Schedule I drugs>"
So, as a positional isomer of MDEA, MBDB would indeed be schedule I without any application of the Analog act. It is illegal to possess, period.
Note that positional isomers don't count except for Schedule I psychedelics.

um...this doesn't belong in the Ecstasy Forum...it belongs on page 273 of this forum...i posted this way back in febuary...someone must of been really bored or really loves the search function...

I guess we should be happy people are using the search button for once.

Originally posted by Good Corruption:
um...this doesn't belong in the Ecstasy Forum...it belongs on page 273 of this forum...i posted this way back in febuary...someone must of been really bored or really loves the search function...
?

sorry,im to lazy to read all of the above posts,but its my understanding that mbdb is mdma with the hallucinagenic part taken out (yes i know its not "taken out") its allso sometimes reffered to as eden and also there IS a little bit about it on erowid,its turned up in a few pils down here in australia and like the guy who posted about it at erowid it gives you a really annoying headache on the comedown that lasts ages...its not that cool.
[ 14 December 2001: Message edited by: tHeRiDdLeR ]